• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Er Gen, Nep nature type 3 for 4th step cultivators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this looks more like NEP Nature Type 3 Aspect Type 5 to me.

"They were Essences unto themselves, who not even the will of the Vast Expanse could interfere with. Transcendence, and the Daosource Realm, were completely independent of natural and magical law. Such cultivators were their own form of natural law, and gave birth to their own Essence. They were completely and utterly. independent!"

I don't know the verse, but it's my suggestion :

Nonexistence Physiology (Nature Type 3 ; Aspect Type 5) : 4th Step Cultivators were Essences unto themselves. Essences were their own forms of natural law, both existing and nonexistent, independent of magic and natural laws.

"They were Essences unto themselves, who not even the will of the Vast Expanse could interfere with. Transcendence, and the Daosource Realm, were completely independent of natural and magical law. Such cultivators were their own form of natural law, and gave birth to their own Essence. They were completely and utterly. independent!"

Nonexistence Physiology (Nature Type 3 ; Aspect Type 5) : 4th Step Cultivators were Essences unto themselves. Essences were their own forms of natural law, both existing and nonexistent, independent of magic and natural laws.
Yeah, that should work.
I'm adding these to Op.

In fact, to be independent of something is not to be lack of it, but in the context it is obvious that this independence is gained through "non-existence" because it explicitly mentions non-exist beforehand. This looks pretty good.

Last edited:
excuse my inexperience, but doesn't this simply mean that essence has no form nor shape of it's own yet it can create all forms and shapes?

from the cultivation systems i've seen and read about, this is consitent with them all

i don't see how it grants them paradoxical non existence

do correct me if i'm wrong
Not only that, it is stated that it exists buy has no form and at the same time that it doesn't exist, and it is lack of laws

excuse my inexperience, but doesn't this simply mean that essence has no form nor shape of it's own yet it can create all forms and shapes?
"Create and Contain"
If we say nonexistence=0, "Has no form or shape" this indicates that it is completely in state 0
In addition, if we say existence=1, the part "and contains all forms and shapes" indicates that it contains existence.
So as a result, they are in both 0 and 1 state
This means a complete paradoxical nonexistence

Not only that, it is stated that it exists buy has no form and at the same time that it doesn't exist, and it is lack of laws
i couldn't understand that properly

do you mean that it was stated to both exist and not exist, have no form of it's own and it doesn't follow the laws of nature?

if that is so then that is paradoxical non existence indeed but the definition of essence provided doesn't say that....

"Create and Contain"
If we say nonexistence=0, "Has no form or shape" this indicates that it is completely in state 0
that doesn't define a state of non existence, it simply indicates the lack of a distinctive shape and form for the essene, not that the essence itself doesn't exist

In addition, if we say existence=1, the part "and contains all forms and shapes" indicates that it contains existence.
So as a result, they are in both 0 and 1 state
"contains" there needs a defintion tbh

what does "contain" even mean in this context?

altough from what i can see the definition simply means that essence is formless but can take all forms and shapes

i still can't see how this is paradoxical non existence

that doesn't define a state of non existence, it simply indicates the lack of a distinctive shape and form for the essene, not that the essence itself doesn't exist
The meaning here is that the essence is completely non existence.
Don't just read it, interpret it.
"contains" there needs a defintion tbh

what does "contain" even mean in this context?

altough from what i can see the definition simply means that essence is formless but can take all forms and shapes
Not very difficult to understand
Just Essence can create them all and also that contains them.
"Forms and shapes" here refers to existence, and the fact that essence contains them, That makes Essence state of 1.

The meaning here is that the essence is completely non existence.
Don't just read it, interpret it.
...i mean, what's the basis of your interpritation?

essence has no form or shape

how and why did you interpret that as a state of non existence?

Not very difficult to understand
Just Essence can create them all and also that contains them.
so contain means create as i said before?

"Forms and shapes" here refers to existence, and the fact that essence contains them, That makes Essence state of 1.
...again, i don't see how you came to that conclusion

what's the basis of your interpretation?

"Has no form or shape" This is literal Non Existence, and "creates and contains all forms and shapes" is literal existence.

shape

the external form, contours, or outline of someone or something.

form

the visible shape or configuration of something.

or

a particular way in which a thing exists or appears.

having no form and shape does mean being in a state of non existence, if you want to enterpret it as such you need proper context from the series you're giving the definition from

that defintion is simply describing how energy exists, the essence is formless and can create all forms

No both contains and creates.
2 separate thing.

the essence contains all forms and can create them?

...not sure about the containing part, but i can see the creating one

Last edited:
that defintion is simply describing hos energy exists, the essence is formless and can create all forms
That's the whole point of nep 3.
Here you can give an example of energy because energy really exists because Essence creates and contains them.
But on the other hand, Essence has no form or shape, and this is the part that shows that Essence is literally in nonexistence.
This is what we call paradoxical nonexistence.
You exist and you don't exist.

That's the whole point of nep 3.
Here you can give an example of energy because energy really exists because Essence creates and contains them.
energy = essence
no evidence that essence doesn't exist either

But on the other hand, Essence has no form or shape, and this is the part that shows that Essence is literally in nonexistence.
...no it doesn't?

"essence has no form or shape"

essence is something that exist while having no form or shape of it's own
that's all you can get from the definition

energy = essence
no evidence that essence doesn't exist either
I do, and I've shown it to you too many times, damn it.
...no it doesn't?

"essence has no form or shape"

essence is something that exist while having no form or shape of it's own
that's all you can get from the definition
This is just what you read and write in a straightforward way.
The author clearly refers here to Non-Existence
No form or shape is to refer entirely to this

I'm writing this for the last time because you didn't read the damn imgur
Just read this carefully
If you read the rest of the sentence, after "Essence has no form or shape" Author uses the phrase its almost like it doesnt even exist.
followed by "but simultaneously, but creates and contains all forms and shapes" we see that.
We also see in another sentence that the essence does not exist in a specific place, but creates and contains all places at the same time.

I do, and I've shown it to you too many times, damn it.

...you said that i need to interpret the definition in a way for the essence to be non existent

i just don't know why i should when there is no context provided in the definition to consider it that way

This is just what you read and write in a straightforward way.
The author clearly refers here to Non-Existence
No form or shape is to refer entirely to this
...it really isn't clear
i don't know at this point

still neutral

I'm writing this for the last time because you didn't read the damn imgur
Just read this carefully
If you read the rest of the sentence, after "Essence has no form or shape" Author uses the phrase its almost like it doesnt even exist.
followed by but creates and contains all forms and shapes we see that.
We also see in another sentence that the essence does not exist in a specific place, but creates and contains all places at the same time.
alright just calm down, anger isn't great for blood pressure or life span nor mental health especially when directed at a stranger on the internet and i can totally understand your frustrations

...but not to be that guy, "almost doesn't exist" means it's completely not non existent

the last sentence can also imply that essence exists everywhere, just like the air, but it can create all forms and shapes

what we get is essence has no form nor shape does not exist in a specified place and creates and contain all places at the same time

while it can imply that it doesn't exist, we don't really know if it does, that's just up for personal interpritation from what i can see, nothing is conclusive

because air has no form or shape almost as if it doesn't exist, does not exist in a specified place and contains all places at the same time, since it's literally everywhere

...so i'm still neutral

...but not to be that guy, "almost doesn't exist" means it's completely not non existent

the last sentence can also imply that essence exists everywhere, just like the air, but it can create all forms and shapes

what we get is essence has no form nor shape does not exist in a specified place and creates and contain all places at the same time

while it can imply that it doesn't exist, we don't really know if it does, that's just up for personal interpritation from what i can see, nothing is conclusive

because air has no form or shape almost as if it doesn't exist, does not exist in a specified place and contains all places at the saem time, sinc it's literally everywhere

...so i'm still neutral
Personal interpritation? "its almost like it doesnt even exist."
"the essence does not exist in a specific place"

The context here proves that the Essence completely didnt exist.
You already know the no form or shape thing
this clearly refers to non-existence
I send you the extra contexts you asked for, and what you said is just "personal interpritation"?
"the essence does not exist in a specific place" why did I interpret this sentence personally?

Personal comment? "its almost like it doesnt even exist."
"the essence does not exist in a specific place"

The context here proves that the Essence completely didnt exist.
You already know the no form or shape thing
this clearly refers to non-existence
I send you the extra contexts you asked for, and what you said is just "personal comment"?
"the essence does not exist in a specific place" why did I interpret this sentence personally?

it's maybe me ovethinking and ovvercomplicating things, but i gave my example as to why

because air has no form or shape almost as if it doesn't exist, does not exist in a specified place and contains all places at the same time, since it's literally everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back