• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament: Null Vs Beyond The Grave

Alright, so, skill

So, heads up, this is going to be involving a hell of a lot of cross scaling with Trigun. But since Ginsama was the Trigun person of this whole forum and wiki, I'm gonna take his words that they both exist in the same world

Skill
So first up, Grave has some bonkers skill. At the very least, Grave (or Brandon Heat, his living name) scales above Eye of Michael members at the very least. These members are able to predict everything about the person, ranging from their skills, moves, habits, and more. Further, these members can even fight against Vash the Stampede himself, though not for long. Grave can even scale to higher end Eye of Michael members such as Wolfwood and Livio, with Livio here being important. Livio has "2 layers" (dont know how that works) of analytical prediction, and after controlling Razlo his secondary personality he was able to keep up with an opponent vastly faster that has their own speed amps, who has a passive that can only be described as "an anti-skill aura", and Livio still beat this person with skill, which is what Gin was trying to get across, I think.

Grave's own gunplay shouldn't be scoffed at either. In his earlier days as a sweeper for Millenion, Grave was shown to be able to casually pick up a sniper rifle, before CASUALLY just picking out a spot to shoot at and pulling the trigger. This spot was where the target was somehow. This is even more impressive, because the target was behind a curtain obscuring who they could even be, from multiple building lengths away, all without even the slightest hint of prior knowledge because he just entered the sniper room where Bunji was and just knew instantly where the target was. Also going back to his younger days in Millenion, even when he was going up against Blood War and forced to fight off multiple immortal Deadmen, Brandon was able to stall off these Deadmen while barely getting hit throughout while constantly damaging himself while using a hand-canon of a gun, enough so that more Millenion members arrived. Not to mention in the games, Grave has fought more Deadmen such as a revived Bunji, Sherry Walken-MacDowell, and the terrifying Fangoram. And while not on the level of these 3 nor a Deadman himself, Zell Condorbrave is an equally impressive opponent, being a mercenary commander and having his squad hired by Corision to hold off Grave because of his skills in taking down Deadmen.

And now that I'm finished with this, I should mention that Grave likely won't hold back in the slightest as Mika isn't here.

Attacks and Powers

Here's the meat and potatoes if the skill section wasn't already that part. Starting off, Grave already has a large arsenal of weapons, most of them stored in the Death Hauler. There's the Ceberus handguns, Grave wielding the left and right heads. And with the Death Hauler, it contains a myriad of weapons, such as a gatling gun, multiple types of rockets that can home in, and what appears to be A DAMN RAILGUN. Grave has a good regeneration factor as well, being able to soak up bullets on the daily and regenerate nigh instantly. Now, the best part of his attacks are his demolition shots, his most powerful attacks which don't seem to have a limit on how much they can be used. You see that perception manipulation part on Grave's profile? Yeah, that's gonna play a huge part here. Anytime Grave uses a DS, it will kick in, which basically slows down time to anyone around to a near halt while Grave sends out an absurd amount of attacks. This is applied further with the Dawn of the Grave DS line, where Grave goes under the same time slow effect, but he moves around during it. It might look like he's effected slightly during this as well during game play videos, but I'm pretty sure that's just the PS2 breaking down lmao.

(Ignore Bunji there)
(watch till 2:25)

As you can see in the first video, Grave isn't afraid to spam these Demolition Shots one after the other. Resulting in an Overkill Execution.

Alright, I think that covers all. I would use G.O.R.E stuff but uhh, the profile is stuck in the Overdose days. I would also like to say that Grave, through sheer willpower can also get up after some time AFTER having been blown open by Fangoram's center-head, having his blood outside of his body, the same stuff that's supposed to keep him running. And after this Grave fared far better against Famgoram in their second fight, ie not getting one shot. The same thing basically happens against Who Knows Who in GORE, where Grave got his ass kicked before awakening again and being more powerful to the point he kicks WKW's ass. So this very much seems like Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development, whatever it is, but I'm not sure about using this since it isn't in the abilities section.

Anyways, cheers, listen to the Gungrave Anime Ending while looking over this

Alright, so, skill

So, heads up, this is going to be involving a hell of a lot of cross scaling with Trigun. But since Ginsama was the Trigun person of this whole forum and wiki, I'm gonna take his words that they both exist in the same world

Skill
So first up, Grave has some bonkers skill. At the very least, Grave (or Brandon Heat, his living name) scales above Eye of Michael members at the very least. These members are able to predict everything about the person, ranging from their skills, moves, habits, and more. Further, these members can even fight against Vash the Stampede himself, though not for long. Grave can even scale to higher end Eye of Michael members such as Wolfwood and Livio, with Livio here being important. Livio has "2 layers" (dont know how that works) of analytical prediction, and after controlling Razlo his secondary personality he was able to keep up with an opponent vastly faster that has their own speed amps, who has a passive that can only be described as "an anti-skill aura", and Livio still beat this person with skill, which is what Gin was trying to get across, I think.

Grave's own gunplay shouldn't be scoffed at either. In his earlier days as a sweeper for Millenion, Grave was shown to be able to casually pick up a sniper rifle, before CASUALLY just picking out a spot to shoot at and pulling the trigger. This spot was where the target was somehow. This is even more impressive, because the target was behind a curtain obscuring who they could even be, from multiple building lengths away, all without even the slightest hint of prior knowledge because he just entered the sniper room where Bunji was and just knew instantly where the target was. Also going back to his younger days in Millenion, even when he was going up against Blood War and forced to fight off multiple immortal Deadmen, Brandon was able to stall off these Deadmen while barely getting hit throughout while constantly damaging himself while using a hand-canon of a gun, enough so that more Millenion members arrived. Not to mention in the games, Grave has fought more Deadmen such as a revived Bunji, Sherry Walken-MacDowell, and the terrifying Fangoram. And while not on the level of these 3 nor a Deadman himself, Zell Condorbrave is an equally impressive opponent, being a mercenary commander and having his squad hired by Corision to hold off Grave because of his skills in taking down Deadmen.

And now that I'm finished with this, I should mention that Grave likely won't hold back in the slightest as Mika isn't here.

Attacks and Powers

Here's the meat and potatoes if the skill section wasn't already that part. Starting off, Grave already has a large arsenal of weapons, most of them stored in the Death Hauler. There's the Ceberus handguns, Grave wielding the left and right heads. And with the Death Hauler, it contains a myriad of weapons, such as a gatling gun, multiple types of rockets that can home in, and what appears to be A DAMN RAILGUN. Grave has a good regeneration factor as well, being able to soak up bullets on the daily and regenerate nigh instantly. Now, the best part of his attacks are his demolition shots, his most powerful attacks which don't seem to have a limit on how much they can be used. You see that perception manipulation part on Grave's profile? Yeah, that's gonna play a huge part here. Anytime Grave uses a DS, it will kick in, which basically slows down time to anyone around to a near halt while Grave sends out an absurd amount of attacks. This is applied further with the Dawn of the Grave DS line, where Grave goes under the same time slow effect, but he moves around during it. It might look like he's effected slightly during this as well during game play videos, but I'm pretty sure that's just the PS2 breaking down lmao.

(Ignore Bunji there)
(watch till 2:25)

As you can see in the first video, Grave isn't afraid to spam these Demolition Shots one after the other. Resulting in an Overkill Execution.

Alright, I think that covers all. I would use G.O.R.E stuff but uhh, the profile is stuck in the Overdose days. I would also like to say that Grave, through sheer willpower can also get up after some time AFTER having been blown open by Fangoram's center-head, having his blood outside of his body, the same stuff that's supposed to keep him running. And after this Grave fared far better against Famgoram in their second fight, ie not getting one shot. The same thing basically happens against Who Knows Who in GORE, where Grave got his ass kicked before awakening again and being more powerful to the point he kicks WKW's ass. So this very much seems like Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development, whatever it is, but I'm not sure about using this since it isn't in the abilities section.

Anyways, cheers, listen to the Gungrave Anime Ending while looking over this

Sadly Saiki wins by thinking 💀

I think Grave should go to the next round and Saiki should be disqualified for how OP he is. I dont think anyone in the tournment can even touch him

Sadly Saiki wins by thinking 💀

I think Grave should go to the next round and Saiki should be disqualified for how OP he is. I dont think anyone in the tournment can even touch him
Yeah, either that or you restrict Saiki's hax, but at that point hes just a highschooler

Well we could do Beyond the Grave VS a Saiki without powers
Ok, now Saiki is like when he lost his powers. Let's see if this is fair.
Doesn't that mean Saiki is just a guy then? He basically has nothing at that point. Even if you get rid of Grave's hax, he skill stomps and pops a cap in Saiki's head.

Going by the tournament rules, if a character is nothing without their hax, they should just be removed, right?

Ok, this is what Null has:

He doesn't reach the ability that BTG possesses, although he can still avoid most of his attacks with Teleportation, just like in his Boss Fight Null doesn't make any noise (except for opening doors, breaking windows, or shouting) or confuse BTG by projecting his voice. The most beneficial for Null would be his Spatial Manipulation/Corruption which scales to this and is an instant-win.

Ok, this is what Null has:

He doesn't reach the ability that BTG possesses, although he can still avoid most of his attacks with Teleportation,
Grave already fought Garino who can teleport, is likely much more skilled, and has his demolition shots to slow down Null heavily
just like in his Boss Fight Null doesn't make any noise (except for opening doors, breaking windows, or shouting)
Grave detected Rocketbilly who's a ghost
or confuse BTG by projecting his voice.
Maybe, but he would likely catch on due to his skill
The most beneficial for Null would be his Spatial Manipulation/Corruption which scales to this and is an instant-win.
Unless the battle takes place in a computer, how will this be helpful?

Grave already fought Garino who can teleport, is likely much more skilled, and has his demolition shots to slow down Null heavily

Grave detected Rocketbilly who's a ghost

Maybe, but he would likely catch on due to his skill

Unless the battle takes place in a computer, how will this be helpful?
Fair, so Null has nothing with which to fight Grave?

Back