• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Enthusiastic Rookies (Shingo Yabuki vs Oshawott) [COMPLETE]

842e4d3a21f8ee12a8bd04a622e7e1c3.gif
oshawott-pokemon.gif

Fight begins in the Poni Island wilds 10 meters apart.
Oshawott has Torrent as its ability
Speed equal

Shingo (5.46 MT, but downscales hard):
Oshawott (1.45 MT via Rhydon scaling): 8 (Stillwinston, Imaginym, Glaceon. Artorimachi, Leo, Ret, Popted, Mario)

Fight Theme

Last edited:
Hmmmm

Seems like for AP they're more or less comparable. Osh has higher LS but considering the size of them both this likely won't come into play. Skill wise I wouldn't say Shingo is a jobber considering he can rub shoulders with KOF protags and contributes to the plots but Osh being able to keep up with the likes to Machop who are skilled in all forms of martial arts. Osh has better stamina and range.

Overall I'll lean on Osh here 6/10 for this, can be swayed though.

I'd also vote Oshawott. Plus, it's in-character tactics aren't as awful here:

"It fights using the scalchop on its stomach. In response to an attack, it retaliates immediately by slashing."

I'd bet any slashing moves are also "slicing" moves boosted by the new ability Sharpness: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sharpness_(Ability)
(Oshawott doesn't get Sharpness, but it's a useful list.)

For Oshawott, that's Fury Cutter, Slash & its signature move Razor Shell, the last of which I'd say it's quite likely to use.

It might also have any of its Egg Moves, including Air Slash, Night Slash, Sacred Sword, or maybe Aqua Cutter.

But nonetheless, spamming Razor Shell would be in-character & effective, since every time it hits, it has a 50% chance of lowering the victim's Defense.
Torrent also makes Oshawott's Water-type moves stronger (By 50% in gameplay.) when Oshawott's Stamina is low. (In gameplay, at 33% or less.)
Since Razor Shell is Water-type, this makes it all the more spammable.

So yeah, I'm also voting Oshawott.

Last edited:
Pokemon is always in a major revision what's your point?
Is it specifically for the Low 7-Bs, everyone, or a different tier?

Pokemon is always in a major revision what's your point?
Is it specifically for the Low 7-Bs, everyone, or a different tier?
the canon was split and the tiers were looked at more closely, everyone ever is getting massively changed, mostly upgrades from the looks

How close are they to finishing it? If it's still far ahead, we can just finish this thread and post the results for awhile until the revisions hit. If not, it means that I may have wasted some amount on this, but that means we can approach S/V revisions sooner, which means my workshop on Clodsire's addition to the Quagsire page can be implemented sooner.

Alright, I just added minor Fire Manip to Shingo's profile since a few of his attacks now produce flames, but considering how it's mainly bound to two attacks, dependant on luck (it's his critical hit versions of "Wild Bite" and "Poison Bite"), and there's the fact that Oshawott resists fire attacks, it's not that big of a issue here.

Last edited:
Back