• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy needed to Vaporize your average Skyscraper?

So turns out after plugging in numbers for vaporization in place of fragmentation that it would only be Small City level

6.9160041e+15 juoles to be exact

That... shouldn't be possible. Vaporization is caused by a massive increase in heat/energy; melting is 1 step down from vaporization, since melting ice is far less impressive than vaporizing water.

Like how even.

Going by the calc in the blog, melting your average skyscraper is Mountain level. So one would assume vaporization would be higher.

There has to be a number error there...

That is an insane level for melting. Like that's so unrealistically powerful that I don't even get how it happened. According to that calc it would take the full concentrated energy and heat from the Tzar Bomba to melt a skyscraper.

Perhaps a recalc is in order? Maybe I bring this up in the calc group board?

Yeah. I'd like to see what happened here, because something isn't right. Vaporization should always, without fail, be higher than melting.

Vaporizing is an incorrect term some use on the wiki and in some fiction. Here's the real definition:

Vaporize: convert or be converted into vapor.

"there is a large current that is sufficient to vaporize carbon"

Usually when a character has been "vaporized" they've really just been destroyed or anihilatted on some level. That being said, it is possible to vaporize human bodies, calcs to being a 7-B feat. I don't understand how vaporizing a human is only 7-B while vaporizing a skyscraper is 7-A~ish.

Back