• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Empty Space in Tabbers

What's the cause of this?
10s1zfo.png

EcEB6gl.png

The amount of space looks normal to me on that profile.

The amount of space looks normal to me on that profile.
He means between the actual tabs themselves and when the list of shit begins. There's a visible gap, like someone pressed enter to skip a line.

Yeah, but that looks normal. It may be because the abilities are not in a bullet point format. To give an example:

Here is a tab that has a bullet point immediately, there is no gap:

ysLYrYU.png

Here is a tab that has a normal line below the tabbers, there's a visible gap:

2QlQw4q.png

I'm also having this problem, just today edited some profiles with tab and then they ended with that space despite the fact that before they were normal, and this despite the fact that I actually didn't changed the tab formatting or anything like that.

Pretty sure this is just a consequence of fandom formatting changes and outside of our control.

Maybe someone wrote some css stuff that could fix it. I dunno

No, it is not. I also get this spacing, and I can fix it

OP, mind sharing the profile?

Can you guys share me the profiles? I can help with this.
Something changed with the way the website code works. Space after = on tabber wasn't causing issues before maintenance. Now you go to a profile where its fine, don't change how its formated and it comes out looking weird if you don't remove the space after = in your tabbers

Something changed with the way the website code works. Space after = on tabber wasn't causing issues before maintenance. Now you go to a profile where its fine, don't change how its formated and it comes out looking weird if you don't remove the space after = in your tabbers
Ya but this has nothing to do with fandom itself, I think it is more VSBW css coding.

I have seen the difference and its quite the opposite the difference between Majin boo profile and Belos is that there is an extra line after the "="
mfoG0iJ.png

Guys, just remove the space after = in your tabbers and it fixes it.
That's funny, because, bullet points would not have consistent indentation if the first tab was compared to the subsequent tabs in the absence of spacing after each tab before this new change occurred. It appears that this has been rectified now. As a result, tabbers that have additional spaces under the = will now create excessive space. Therefore, the solution that seemed to have solved the issue before has become a problem now.

Yes like I said 5 times :)
Editing pages is necessary to clean them up, but an unintended consequence is that it refreshes the page cache, causing the new tabber spacing (which I'm assuming happened post-maintenance) to appear. There is no other option but to continue editing profiles despite this consequence though. So, I'll have to refuse that.

Tho, the page has already no space after the "="
I think there's some confusion going on here. It doesn't matter whether the content of the tabs is beside the =, or under it, or an extra line under it. It will be the same. It's just some pages' caches have not been refreshed yet, so they still maintained the spacing before. Editing them will consequently give them that spacing.

I think there's some confusion going on here. It doesn't matter whether the content of the tabs is beside the =, or under it, or an extra line under it. It will be the same. It's just some pages' caches have not been refreshed yet, so they still maintained the spacing before. Editing them will consequently give them that spacing.
I understand!

With a high degree of certainty, it is feasible for the VSBW to ameliorate this predicament by employing a software code or automated program to update the caches of the pages.
I'm uncertain if that's accurate or the optimal solution for resolving the problem. As far as I know, updating the page caches may have the opposite impact since the better tabber spacing was already present before the maintenance (the spacing only occurred after the maintenance), and only the pages with unchanged tabber spacing did not have their cache updated. This means that clearing all caches may result in uniform tabber spacing across all pages with tabbers. Hence, we must determine and address the root cause of the problem, which I am unaware of at the moment.

I'm uncertain if that's accurate or the optimal solution for resolving the problem. As far as I know, updating the page caches may have the opposite impact since the better tabber spacing was already present before the maintenance (the spacing only occurred after the maintenance), and only the pages with unchanged tabber spacing did not have their cache updated. This means that clearing all caches may result in uniform tabber spacing across all pages with tabbers. Hence, we must determine and address the root cause of the problem, which I am unaware of at the moment.
Reasonable!

I have some profiles to edit to apply revisions, so should I wait until the root of the problem is found and resolved? Or should I edit the profiles regardless if the tabs will get that problem? Because the profiles I need to edit have several tabs (some even have different tabs for the statistics).

Back