• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elspeth and Xenagos Profile Update

Weekly already knows how I feel but I definitely agree with this. Ideally, I wish we had a calc for constellation destruction.

But whatever, it is fine.

The lack of timeframe on the feat makes me question why 6-C was selected, especially since we have pictures of Akros and Meletis and they seem nowhere near 6-C size even if they were destroyed thoughroughly in one fell swoop.

The passage is rather vague on the level of destruction too, so I feel like 6-C is pretty arbitrarily selected for a base rating for Polukranos, regarding that specific feat.

The power additions and 4-A justifications seem fine especially considering the latter is (currently) accepted on the site; and the detail added to the profile is a very welcome change.

Overall, very well done Weekly. Some elaboration on why 6-C was chosen speicifically would be greatly appreciated as Polukranos is being described as destroying something the size of what is essentially two large-ish classical cities over some intermediate timeframe.

Dargoo Faust said:
The lack of timeframe on the feat makes me question why 6-C was selected, especially since we have pictures of Akros and Meletis and they seem nowhere near 6-C size even if they were destroyed thoughroughly in one fell swoop.
The passage is rather vague on the level of destruction too, so I feel like 6-C is pretty arbitrarily selected for a base rating for Polukranos, regarding that specific feat.

The power additions and 4-A justifications seem fine especially considering the latter is (currently) accepted on the site; and the detail added to the profile is a very welcome change.

Overall, very well done Weekly. Some elaboration on why 6-C was chosen speicifically would be greatly appreciated as Polukranos is being described as destroying something the size of what is essentially two large-ish classical cities over some intermediate timeframe.
I straight up don't know if either city was stated to be a certain size, so I am unsure if this is uhhh

well, correct or incorrect.

We can still use the infamous jace feat lmao.

Although I am unsure if backwards scaling Elspeth to Jace even works since even before this time, I would gander and assume pre ressurection should be above Jace.

Elspeth has four 7-B feats she scales to so if 6-C is bunk she has a solid backup

I'm mostly commenting on that feat particularly, since it was the primary justification. What would the primary justification fall back to if that's off the table?

The Jace feat was explicitly debunked on a previous thread and just hasn't been removed from the pages just yet.

Depends on where Polukranos ends up

Currently we have Koth causing volcanic eruptions, nameless mages that Elspeth's magic overpowered that created a thunderstorm an an earthquake during the Conflux,

There's also a few feats that still need to be calced that can be considered bit feats, specifically nameless Triton mages capable of creating massive trunamis and a Giant that busted part of a mountain.

Theres probably some stuff for Ajani too but i havent read much for him yet

If we're just discussing tiers am i good to just apply everything else in the meantime?

WeeklyBattles said:
If we're just discussing tiers am i good to just apply everything else in the meantime?
Oh yeah for sure. Nothing wrong with the 4-A and general revisions.

I am personally neutral on 6-C but I think 7-B is generally more safe.

Plenty of planeswalkers with or without prep and strong mages in this verse are this level.

"At least 7-B" seems like a good start.

top kek.

Very well done! I think this is fine to apply, and all of our most active MTG supporters have agreed on such.

Oh, another feat, malfegor was stated to be the size of a mountain and he couldnt hurt a guy amped by elspeth magic

Polukranos casually shredded a dozen guys amped by elspeth magic

WeeklyBattles said:
Oh, another feat, malfegor was stated to be the size of a mountain and he couldnt hurt a guy amped by elspeth magic
Considering the art we see of him I find that somewhat hard to believe. Depending on where the statement comes it could be a massive exaggeration.

Why are all the Gods 4-A?

I mean, best I see is High 4-C for them being Constellations.

I recently had to do a calc, and even a living Constellation made up of nearly 200 stars is still only High 4-C.

Because theyre not just constellations, the constellations are just a part of their body and they also encompass all the space between the stars of their constellations, not just the stars themselves. Plus Heliod shook all the stars in the night sky with a casual punch, a 4-B feat, and Godsend, a weapon created using Purphoros' power, was able to destroy large swaths of the night sky in Elspeth's fight against Xenagos (Heliod later destroyed the sword with his bare hands)

WeeklyBattles said:
Because theyre not just constellations, the constellations are just a part of their body and they also encompass all the space between the stars of their constellations, not just the stars themselves. Plus Heliod shook all the stars in the night sky with a casual punch, a 4-B feat, and Godsend, a weapon created using Purphoros' power, was able to destroy large swaths of the night sky in Elspeth's fight against Xenagos (Heliod later destroyed the sword with his bare hands)
I mean, we don't use the space between anymore. I made sure and checked with Bambu, because there's a character made out of nearly 200 stars in World of Warcraft, but we don't count the space between the stars.

And how much would be "large swaths of the Night sky"? Because that can vary from 4-C to 3-C and that's a range far too big to just go "Yeah, let's just go with X"

We dont use space between when its just constellation feats. The Gods bodies are literally the size of the constellations with the space between them included. Being made out of 200 stars is very different from your body being the size of 200 stars spread out across the night sky.

WeeklyBattles said:
We dont use space between when its just constellation feats. The Gods bodies are literally the size of the constellations with the space between them included. Being made out of 200 stars is very different from your body being the size of 200 stars spread out across the night sky.
I don't mean the body being made out of literally 200 stars jam packed to each other.

The being I'm talking about is a Constellar, literal constellations. It's just that the Constellar I'm talking about has 200 stars in his constellation, and he was still only High 4-C.

If the character's physical body is that large then they would be 4-A, would you like me to talk to Bambu about it?

WeeklyBattles said:
If the character's physical body is that large then they would be 4-A, would you like me to talk to Bambu about it?
If you want to, sure, like, I don't mind Algalon being 4-A, I did bring up Magic specifically and got told they should really be High 4-C.

Back