• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EE Question for immortality neg.

What type of immortality negation is granted for an ability that can remove a being who exists as a concept or law and that concept or law from existence as well?

What type of immortality negation is granted for an ability that can remove a being who exists as a concept or law and that concept or law from existence as well?
The usual answer would be Type 8 and 9. The tendency of concept-reliant immortals is to have a combination of “will not die if their concept still exists” and “having a true form beyond where their physical vessel dwells, this one existing only as a higher-order abstraction”. But it could have more or less. It all depends on the work, context and feats involved. Maybe the victim was also a type 5 immortal, maybe they wouldn't have a type 9 immortality. Endless possibilities.

Last edited:
The usual answer would be Type 8 and 9. The tendency of concept-reliant immortals is to have a combination of “will not die if their concept still exists” and “having a true form beyond where their physical vessel dwells, this one existing only as a higher-order abstraction”. But it could have more or less. It all depends on the work, context and feats involved. Maybe the victim was also a type 5 immortal, maybe they wouldn't have a type 9 immortality. Endless possibilities.
Well essentially they exist as the concepts and have no physical forms. They do however interact within reality by creating manifestations.

For example: one was stated that in order to defeat it you would have to destroy all of time. Other wise it does come back and has.

Well essentially they exist as the concepts and have no physical forms. They do however interact within reality by creating manifestations.
For example: one was stated that in order to defeat it you would have to destroy all of time. Other wise it does come back and has.
Sounds like abstract existence to me. The negation would be of Type 8 and 9. Maybe also 5, for all I know.

Would this also be mod godly regen negation? Or high godly?
High-Godly is stretching it. For High-godly qualifications, the victim needs first demonstrate the ability to regenerate after body, mind, soul and the concept are gone. After that, character B must kill them without destroying these four, or bypass their immortal capabilities while still active.
Destroying it all does not qualify, because the character wouldn't be negating in that scenario, just brute-forcing a way through the power.

High-Godly is stretching it. For High-godly qualifications, the victim needs first demonstrate the ability to regenerate after body, mind, soul and the concept are gone. After that, character B must kill them without destroying these four, or bypass their immortal capabilities while still active.
Destroying it all does not qualify, because the character wouldn't be negating in that scenario, just brute-forcing a way through the power.
I’m a little confused, so if a character can destroy all 4 of those. In a versus match, oh wait I get what you’re saying. Destroyed my the 4 isn’t negation because they can already come back from that.

So instead of destroying, what if all 4 of those things were erased to the point of never existing in the first place?

I’m a little confused, so if a character can destroy all 4 of those. In a versus match, oh wait I get what you’re saying. Destroyed my the 4 isn’t negation because they can already come back from that.
When it comes to negation you need to, well...negate. There are many ways to kill immortals, but Negation will only apply if the way character B kills them is with methods that shouldn't work.

When it comes to negation you need to, well...negate. There are many ways to kill immortals, but Negation will only apply if the way character B kills them is with methods that shouldn't work.
Ok, but what if the ability removes the immortality itself from the user? Making them mortal?

Back