• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earth/Sand Manipulation = Glass Manipulation

This feel like a case by case kind of thing. Not everyone that can manipulate Earth and Sand can manipulate glass; in fact very few can that I know of.

Damage3245 said:
This feel like a case by case kind of thing. Not everyone that can manipulate Earth and Sand can manipulate glass; in fact very few can that I know of.
I can't even think of an example of someone useing Glass Manipulation, I'm just saying glass is made of sand so there's no reason someone who can contral sand can't also control glass.

Well, they have very different properties and uses. Liquid water, ice and steam are all essentially water but somebody that has been seen to manipulate exclusively ice doesn't have 'Possible Steam Manipulation' on their profile.

Damage3245 said:
Well, they have very different properties and uses. Liquid water, ice and steam are all essentially water but somebody that has been seen to manipulate exclusively ice doesn't have 'Possible Steam Manipulation' on their profile.
That's why it would be under POSSIBLE uses.

For it to be possible it needs to at least be hinted at in the story or by the characters. Otherwise it is just too speculative. Sand manipulation doesn't warrant glass manipulation IMO.

Too broad.

It requires making assumptions that should not be made.

It's the same as saying all Metalbenders can manipulate Earth, so all Earthbenders can manipulate metal, which is untrue.

It's also the same as saying all Ice Users can manipulate water since Water Users can manipulate ice, which is also untrue.

I agree with Reppuzan.

Back