• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability in Naruto Verse

I've been thinking but I belive Naruto Characters have split durability in 3 areas.

• Blunt Force
  • Piercing/Cutting
  • Energy
As we've seen in Naruto, the characters have Tromendous Durability towards Blunt force and Energy attacks (Obviously depending on the character's tier, this can be higher or lower than the next character), but When it comes to Cutting/Piercing, their durability is significantly lower than their ability to tank Blunt Force/Energy Attacks. An Exampe would be like...Sasuke being able to Tank Hits from God/Top Tiers yet has his main body pierced by Shin's Knives.

This is can happen to varying degrees. In Naruto, when a Character uses Chakra cloaks, their Durability enhances with the added bonus of then having Protection against Piercing/Cutting attacks. Thus, when we see somebody Cut/Pierce Chakra Cloaks, it is a real example of their potency.

But at the same time, in Naruto one can use Chakra to amplify their stats without chakra cloaks. This is explained as vitalizing the body in canon material. An example of this is Initial Jinchuriki Forms (Like Naruto with the red eyes and claws before gaining 1 tail cloak), Gates, SM, etc. Unlike with Chakra cloaks, while this increases durability against Cutting/Piercing attacks, it offers no protection like in the case of Chakra cloaks. A generic Kunai weilded by say, Kakashi isn't gonna break against the skin of SM Naruto. It will pierce him still.

So, For Durability of Naruto Characters, I think Split Durability should be noted and the tiers of each form should reflect this under Durabilty.

Example: Naruto (Base) - Building Level+, Wall Level (With Cutting/Piercing).

So for Naruto Characters, its like this when you think about it:

• Base = Regular Exposed Body
  • Vitalized With Chakra = Wearing Armor
  • Chakra Cloaks = Armor + Shield
What do you guys think?

I think is more resoanable since Naruto characters have Poor durability in some feats, but when use Chakra Cloaks its change completly

Back