• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability and heat

You can't. Heat doesn't translate into physical durability. The durability rating on this site is how much energy you can withstand impacting you.

Withstanding high levels of heat doesn't mean you can take a punch better. You can get energy values from heat, since heat is energy, but that energy doesn't scale to anyone it "hits". Since heat doesn't transfer that energy like a physical strike does. Things less durable than ourselves can easily withstand heat that would burn us.

Tanking heat would only be heat resistance.

You can't. Heat doesn't translate into physical durability. The durability rating on this site is how much energy you can withstand impacting you.

Withstanding high levels of heat doesn't mean you can take a punch better. You can get energy values from heat, since heat is energy, but that energy doesn't scale to anyone it "hits". Since heat doesn't transfer that energy like a physical strike does. Things less durable than ourselves can easily withstand heat that would burn us.

Tanking heat would only be heat resistance.
Some profiles have tanking heat as a durability feat, An example

Also, how to get energy from heat?

Some profiles have tanking heat as a durability feat, An example

Also, how to get energy from heat?
And? Doesn't mean it's correct. A lot of the profiles on this wiki are wrong by our own standards. There are profiles that haven't been touched or seen in years. What makes you think every single one of them is checked heavily? Especially since tanking heat was considered durability for the longest time, until it was changed.

In the end of the day this is a fan wiki run by people as a hobby. Not some professional place that'll always keep itself up to par.

I'm aware of how to get fire energy, but I don't how to get energy from just heat alone. With no fire. There is a way, just I don't know what it is.

And? Doesn't mean it's correct. A lot of the profiles on this wiki are wrong by our own standards. There are profiles that haven't been touched or seen in years. What makes you think every single one of them is checked heavily? Especially since tanking heat was considered durability for the longest time, until it was changed.

In the end of the day this is a fan wiki run by people as a hobby. Not some professional place that'll always keep itself up to par.
I haven't said anything of that, chill

I'm aware of how to get fire energy, but I don't how to get energy from just heat alone. With no fire. There is a way, just I don't know what it is.
Sure, thanks

I haven't said anything of that, chill
Did I come off as hostile? My apologies if I did, I just spoke rather frankly there. I'm not annoyed.

I didn't even see it as aggressive.

Last edited:
Depends on whether the heat feat had a blunt-force aspect to it, like a shockwave, or overpressure (Good old explosions). Or if it melts through/vaporizes stuff in incredibly short periods of time. But at that point it can't simply be heat alone.

Otherwise it'd just use emissivity of the human body to calculate the actual heat withstood AKA maximum heat intake to truly calculate durability from heat.

DontTalkDT said he'd make a thread elaborating further on the whole topic of comparing blunt-force durability and heat, that extreme blunt force can generate extreme amounts of heat, but extreme amounts of heat doesn't necessarily translate to blunt-force dura.

Of course, if you have a Universal Power Source, then it becomes a complete game changer, as with a UES in play elementals/creation feats are straight up scaled to AP.

Technically, withstanding heat is still durability to an extent, but it's just not quite as impressive as calculated. X joules of thermal energy typically does much less damage than X joules of overpressure. For example, splashing a bucket of warm water is 9-B levels of thermal energy, but typically only 10-C levels of blunt force trauma. Not only that, thermal energy also has other sub calcs that may effect damage output such as the specific heat capacity, density, and specific temperature is another reason for why X joules of thermal energy alone doesn't always translate to damage output.

But plenty of older pages haven't followed this practice. A lot of verses also have the ability to transfer from one form to the other linearly and/or their attacks consist of things excellent in both heat and force. And X joules of force inherently causes X joules of heat to be transferred, but the same thing doesn't happen the other way around outside of some UES scaling for example. But in a lot of shooting em up verses, withstanding an X tier flamethrower doesn't quite mean they can withstand a rocket launcher that has the same energy yield and what not.

Depends on whether the heat feat had a blunt-force aspect to it, like a shockwave, or overpressure. Or if it melts through/vaporizes stuff in incredibly short periods of time.
Considering the question I'm just assuming heat only, since they didn't ask for anything but heat.

Standing in a standard fire isn't durability. Standing on the sun would be durability, since the sun is a lot more extreme than just normal heat.

Standing in a standard fire isn't durability.
Technically it would be because you'd have to measure the maximum energy intake a human body can take in, but like DDM said, it's pitifully low, like 9-B levels depending on the heat you take in. That and the other sub calcs that DDM mentioned also have to be taken into account.

Standing on the sun would be durability, since the sun is a lot more extreme than just normal heat.
It's mostly because of the extreme gravity and the extreme pressure in the sun's core, the heat is only part of the equation.

Standing in fire is like 9-C levels of heat withstanding, possibly 9-B over time, but low levels of force. By thermal equilibrium, sitting in the sun's core is 8-A+ assuming average sizes but I don't think it was ever calculated how much blunt force that would equate to, but the immense gravity should still get well into superhuman results. Perhaps still Tier 8, but I'm unsure unless we get a better calculated result. It also could be much higher or much lower depending on the size of the target.

Technically it would be because you'd have to measure the maximum energy intake a human body can take in, but like DDM said, it's pitifully low, like 9-B levels depending on the heat you take in.
Does it have something to do with high heat also translating into movement/kinetic energy?

Since the "hotter" something gets the more "freely" it moves. God I'm bad at explaining myself.

Basically where does the force come into play while burning? At what point do you get physically hit?

Last edited:
Does it have something to do with high heat also translating into movement/kinetic energy?

Since the "hotter" something gets the more "freely" it moves. God I'm bad at explaining myself.
Ye.

Basically where does the force come into play while burning? At what point do you get physically hit?
I believe it'd have to do with the increase in the kinetic energy of the molecules.

Back