• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: High 8-C Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Introductio

I'll keep this short, a while back Drite and I took a look at luminosity calcs and found that they were amplified by about 1000x and thus needed revising. We also found that, unsurprisingly, very few verses scaled to such a calc- however! D&D is one such verse. So let's just quickly sweep this one under the rug since I have a couple of backup feats.

The Feats In Questio
This is the blog of our luminosity calc. Specifically, under current scaling, creatures between CR 9 and 12 scale to Dawn, which was High 8-C+. Having figured out that this is much higher than it should be, here are our backups:

• Characters CR 9-10 will now scale to Cone of Cold, which can provably freeze 110 human beings solid with a single use, giving Building level results.
  • Characters 11-12 will now scale to Freezing Sphere, which basically just instantly freezes a large volume of water into ice, giving Large Building level results.
I think this is a fairly simple and agreeable downgrade so let's just get it done quick. Below are some pages that will be affected.

Pages

CR 9-10

• Aboleth goes to "Varies from 9-A to 8-C"
  • Deva should be changed to "Varies from 8-C to Low 7-B" since their CRs range from 9-14
  • Mind Flayer has their second key lower limit go to "8-C" instead of "High 8-C"- furthermore, the Ulitharid key goes to "At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C" since their CR range is 9-12. The Brainstealer Dragon's AP can shift to "Building level to Small City level+".
  • Modro has the Nonaton key go down to "8-C"
  • Rictavio goes down to "At least 8-C, possibly Low 7-B" as he is only a 9th level spellcaster
CR 11-12
All existing High 8-Cs outside of the above will remain High 8-C, but must change their feat from Dawn to Freezing Sphere.

Straightforward, the calcs are pretty simple, and the scaling all seems to be sound with affected profiles having adequate reasoning for their alterations.

Fully support this

Yeah it's pretty clear cut and everything. Go ahead and do it imo.

I'm fine with doing it, since frankly I didn't list the ones staying High 8-C. Just wouldn't mind a piece of input or two more.

Alright, all profiles are edited and done, and I may rest. Closing time gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back