• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duel of Puppet Masters: Sasori vs Rionetta (5-4)

Rionetta VS Sasori

Both 8-A. Sasori starts in his Hiruko puppet.

Since Sasori is 8-A, no Iron Sand techniques, but he can still use the Kazekage's puppet

Victory Conditions:

• Rionetta (Destroy both Hiruko and Kazekage's puppets)
  • Sasori (Kill the real Rionetta)
Fight takes place in a mall, in front of a toy shop filled with dolls and plushies.

Starting Distance: 30 meters

Speed Equalized

Puppet Girl: 4 (Litentric, Miami, ZackMoon, Ionliosite)

Puppet Boy: 5 (Puppetsallaround, Zephyr, Rocker, Bruce, M3X)

Inconclusive:

Rionetta 2
Money-loving assasi

Sasori with the Third Kazekage Puppet1
Art-loving assassi

Rionetta's outwards appearance is a puppet, so it wouldn't be affected by the poison. The real body's inside the puppet, which could be affected, though she resists it

Keep in mind Sasori's strings would affect Rionetta, and likely the dolls she controls. Though I'm unaware how many chakra strings Sasori can create

I feel Sasori's puppets have the better set of abilities here. But that resistance to poison takes away one of his better win cons.

I think Sasori would win because His Hiruko Shell does have Senbon and the Tail in the back. His 3rd Kazekage puppet does have the Hidden Buzzsaw, his Thousand Hands Manipulation Technique and a Hidden Scythe. His Body has a bunch of tools as well.

I feel like people are overestimating Sasori's reliance on poison. The poison is a bonus, not a requirement. Sure, it doesn't work. Rionetta is still dealing with an expert puppetmaster and shinobi to boot. Sasori has decades more of experience, higher AP (382 VS 454 tons), 7-C ap and durability with his main body, and overall more versatility, even discounting the iron sand. Rio's greatest ability is to turn his puppets against him, but Sasori can easily do that as well, countering that ability pretty handily. On that note, while rio is stronger than someone who survived the 382 ton blast, Sasori stomped Kankuro, who already easily defeated someone stronger than the 454 ton feat.

My vote goes to Sasori.

I wanted a fight between puppet masters, and I like both these characters, but Sasori stomps Rionetta with Iron Sand and his main body. Thus, Rionetta's victory conditions are easier.

this match cant be added then, with so many limits on Sasori and the location being a place specifically banking towards rionettes condition.

It is fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup. However, matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case the match can be added.

^ From the Versus Thread Rules page. This matchup fits the criterias. Besides, the matchup between Sasori and Alex Mercer happened AND was added, where Sasori was also restricted to 8-A.

Counted the votes: 3-2 for Sasori

Reminder that Sasori has access to sand clones, the real Rionetta isn't the one Sasori sees, and the fight happens near a plushie store.

Thought of something based on what ZephyrosOmega said. Since Sasori controls puppets with chakra strings, and Rionetta controls puppets with her mind... If Sasori attaches strings on the plushies Rionetta controls, how would the hijacking even work? Rionetta's control doesn't require anything but a thought. If Sasori attached strings to the plushies and moves them one way, Rionetta can move them back with her mind. At worst for Rionetta, she cancels her control over the plushies Sasori attached strings to, cancelling her stat amp on them; they'd turn back to regular, soft dolls.

Back