• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dream SMP Battle Royale

I feel like taking the team up out of the equation dosen't change much, I know you've taken foolish and manifold out but let's put them back in for a second. They both have more beef with dream then technoblade, manifold especially, and foolish- is in foolishe's name and is a running theme with him, they won't wait, and if it comes down to techno and philza, Technoblade dosen't need to chass him down and in fact shouldn't, he just needs to build a shelter and wait for rain fall, from which with potions of slow falling and his trident Philza can't just camp in the sky anymore

Alright, consider this. All of them are logical. All of them have years of experience, etc.

They know each other. I am not including Foolish and Manifold now, lets look at the Doomsday standoff first.
Techno knows that Phil is non-factor, and that the main problem is Dream.
Dream knows that Phil is non-factor, and that the main problem is Techno.
Phil knows that he can't win 1v1 any of them, not normally at least.
So, the most logical thing for everyone of them would be for Dream and Techno to fight to the death.
Techno hopes that he can defeat Dream fast enough to be able to play catch with Phil. Same with Dream. Since both of them can't afford to go after Phil, since it is hard and backstab-ish.
Phil on the other hand will just wait for them to beat each other.

SBA's state of mind won't allow them to team up in this standoff, it would be suicidal.
Like you said, Philza bow spams from the air, which is unable to be countered by Dream as he is distracted by Techno. Philza just has to weaken Dream and Techno, as he can't kill them. Doing nothing makes his chances worse, which isn't reasonable. Manifold+Foolish+likely Techno will take down Dream eventually, with Manifold of course dying and Foolish dying beforehand or soon after. Dream has 0 wincons here, when Manifold hates him, Foolish sees his only opportunity to win, and Techno knows he can beat Dream. Philza dies after Techno beats everybody else or Techno contains Manifold, depending on how you do it.

I took Foolish and Manifold out because, if we using logic, Dream, Techno and Phil would've teamed up against them. They are the closest you have here as team. Or Dream can use his favour. Techno obviously will deny "kill yourself" or smt like that, but considering everyone else attacking him, he would've asked for a team up.
Even if they are not teaming up and not using favour, all three of them would likely choose to get the weakest links, them being Foolish and Manifold (Phil technically can be considered one, but Dream won't attack him to not fight Techno early, and Techno likes Phil anyway).

I took Foolish and Manifold out because, if we using logic, Dream, Techno and Phil would've teamed up against them. They are the closest you have here as team. Or Dream can use his favour. Techno obviously will deny "kill yourself" or smt like that, but considering everyone else attacking him, he would've asked for a team up.
Even if they are not teaming up and not using favour, all three of them would likely choose to get the weakest links, them being Foolish and Manifold (Phil technically can be considered one, but Dream won't attack him to not fight Techno early, and Techno likes Phil anyway).
I disagree with that line of logic, it be best for them to get rid of the greatest threats first, dream would likely try to manipulate manifold and foolish into attacking techno and philza instead of him, of course Foolish is friends with manifold, and manifold hates his guts, so it's unlikely, but that would be dream's best bet (beyond maybe doing something ubtouse- like going to the nether and building a TnT contraction to kill the next person to follow him)

The only way dream can win is if he gets techno and philza fighting with manifold and Foolish long enough for him to slip away and build a trap for the winner, besides that technoblade- has 3 lives and a house he respawns at, he has to die 3 times before he's out out, he keeps his enderchest and has backup gear at home, Philza and dream don't have this luxury.

I looked at everyones shields. Foolish dosen't have one listed, dream's and Manifold's are unenchanted, well technoblade's and Philza's have unbreaking 3 and mending on them, at least when it comes to the attrition on that front techno will be fine

Except he never uses shield ever. Even under rain of arrows he would prefer to either dodge or take damage.

Except he never uses shield ever. Even under rain of arrows he would prefer to either dodge or take damage.
That's why it's under optional, he "has" a shield that's fully maxed, he just rarely uses it unless he knows he'll have to. It's also notable that dream has no potions on his page, even if he rarely uses them , he should probably have strength and speed potions under optional at least(dosen't affect this match too much), either way like I said before if everyone else were to die if the one left had a trident they only need to build a dirt shelter or shield until it rains, if that was techno his slow full potions would essentially means unless Philza had an elytra with fireworks(which don't exist on the dream SMP, there banned) technoblade would be able to keep up with him and fight even in the air.

We can add some potions he used against Tommy and Tubbo, but because he doesn't stream it is hard to guess which he used.

It is really hard to hit someone in the air. With both of them in the air the situation won't change. Phil will stil have an additional advantage. He has trident too, you know (he actually has 2, another with lightning).
I probably giving Dream too much credit here, but I believe he can weaken Techno enough for Phil to be able to beat him.

It is really hard to hit someone in the air. With both of them in the air the situation won't change. Phil will stil have an additional advantage. He has trident too, you know (he actually has 2, another with lightning).
I probably giving Dream too much credit here, but I believe he can weaken Techno enough for Phil to be able to beat him.
Beating him once is a possibility, but he has 3 canon lives, and Philza only has the one, technoblade will respawn in his house full of supplize, and if I'm not incorrect back up armor, and the timer for retuning would be the 1 week BFR trigger so it wouldn't be a matter of if Technoblade could make it back or not. Even if dream beat technoblade in there fight then had to fight Philza, that would in theory be better for techno because his opponent wasn't repairing their stuff well he was gone, I just don't see a way where Philza beats technoblade 3 times in a row.

Infinite, what is your rule for lives and location? Lives can stay anyway, but SBA location is New-York.

Infinite, what is your rule for lives and location? Lives can stay anyway, but SBA location is New-York.
Well- there is that bit of a bunch of rampit dogs running around new york, I was going to say it could probably be assumed "new York" existed in the same realty as the SMP, as Tales implies that there is not just endless wilderness and our 20ish streamers and a few shapeshifting fish and a weird fridge in the world, but actually civilization and history, So with neither roof travel and carl what ever the distance from new york the SMP is- a week would be enough to get there,

Tho admittingly- it's probably better to set it in random plains biome 5,000 blocks from spawn or something so we don't have to necessarily deal with the above

Well, 3 lives, and we are in New York. Everybody starts 20 blocks away, or 20m. This was made so they could form a strategy before going into battle.

I would say you are, realistically, Techno isn't very injured before Dream dies, as he does have the equipment to heal himself and his armour while denying dream that opportunity. Also, Dream has to 3v1, which he should very well be able to do, but one of those is Techno, and the other is Foolish, both of whom are some of the most well-armoured and skilled in the SMP.

Anyway, I ran some numbers. The minecraft player/steve profile on the wiki gives horses a speed of 14 miles an hour, Technoblade has a very fast horse; but I'm just using this because It's all we need.

Google says the earth's circumference is 24,901, so the longest distance between any 2 points is about 12,450.5 miles,

In the nether travel is 8 times more efficient so 14 miles an hour becomes 112, there are 168 hours in a week. So you can travel 18,816 miles in a week, that's about 6365.5 spare miles or about 56.83 spare hours, even if it's decided being able to travel constantly is a game mechanic, there's plenty of time to get back.

Edit: is it weird that that's almost exactly enough time to get 8 hours of sleep a night?

Last edited:
Just judging by the horse's speed- I think technobalde could make the trip with a trident. But there are no calculations anywhere for maximum tridenting speed, be it in rain fall or water... and technoblade would need.. well his own calculation for his single water bucket method that should be less then the flight calc.

I don't know about you guys but I'm not that good with tridents.. I never even get one /:

I guess just as a side note, if anyone was willing to do the calculation, I'd try to practice on a super flat world to send a video this summor... there definitely faster then subsonic with that I just know it

Awake again.
I think we will agree to disagree about team ups and stuff.

For location it means that they are on Earth. Meaning that they respawn either in another dimension (Dream SMP), or at world spawn.

Awake again.
I think we will agree to disagree about team ups and stuff.

For location it means that they are on Earth. Meaning that they respawn either in another dimension (Dream SMP), or at world spawn.
They would respawn in New York. And who is "we" in this case?

It was a royal we, haha.
I still believe that the Doomday trio would first deal with Foolish and Jack.

I mean ya, but Tommy isn't here, so he can't really direct his anger at something that doesn't exist where he is.
I mean, he still didn't kill tommy for vengeance yet and he won't stop resurrecting himself until he gets it IIRC

"it is the only reason he is alive mainly to get back at dream and tommy, Mainly tommy"

Back