• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon's Dogma's CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Adding missing abilities and Resistances For:

The Arise

Acausality (Type 4; Acausality after being updated should be specified to Type 4)

The Pawns (Dragon's Dogma)

• All of the Arisen's abilities except his Tier 2's abilities

Honestly I don't believe the Arisen should have a 2-A key, as it relies on an interpretation of the game's ending that I believe to make less sense than an opposite interpretation.

All the power additions seem fine though.

I've beaten it twice.

The justification for 2-A is that when the Arisen kills themselves with Godsbane, they are actually ascending beyond the cycle and maintaining all the infinite universes with their willpower.

Which

Never

Happens.

They stab themselves, their corpse falls to earth and their pawn takes over their old body, and however many years later on NG+, the Arisen has become the new Sensechal.

They never ascend beyond the cycle.

Monarch Laciel said:
Honestly I don't believe the Arisen should have a 2-A key, as it relies on an interpretation of the game's ending that I believe to make less sense than an opposite interpretation.
All the power additions seem fine though.
The 2-A looks legit, it wasn't source as properly as it should have been though, Monarch Laciel.

How is the world composed?
"The pawns exist astride the rift. They speak of a multitude of worlds, each infinite unto itself." "Limitless in span and lost to time, these worlds extend in an eternal, perfect loop." "Just as a ring lacks start and end, so this world has no origin, no final terminus." "If it does, they lie beyond our ken." "We are prisoners of unpassing time, wandering an unending land. What lies beyond, we cannot know."
~ Seneschal​

It's not that there aren't infinite worlds.

It's that the Arisen never ascends beyond them to maintain them all with his will.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I've beaten this game like 5-6 times and was shocked at 2-A..might have to get to the ending again.
I understand your feeling; it was the same for me, Sigurd Snake in The Eye!

Monarch Laciel said:
It's not that there aren't infinite worlds.
It's that the Arisen never ascends beyond them to maintain them all with his will.
I get it but it feels like the Arisen must transcend in some otherwise the world would have been destroyed

They become the Sensechal.

In NG+, which takes place in the future of the Eternal Cycle, the arisen you played previously is the Sensechal you fight. That is proof that they do not ascend.

Monarch Laciel said:
They become the Sensechal.
In NG+, which takes place in the future of the Eternal Cycle, the arisen you played previously is the Sensechal you fight. That is proof that they do not ascend.
Monarch Laciel, Isn't this game mechanics since this option is only available offline, not online, and doesn't this event goes against the ending were the Arisen should try suicide giving the pawns' possession of its body?

That's not a CRT for 2-A

That's a CRT for High 2-A, which was rejected, and it doesn't actually provide sources on the bit about Full-Power Arisen is "At least 2-A" with "Immeasurable" speed for completely ending the Eternal Cycle, an existence sustaining concept that exists through every timelne that ever was, is, or will be, then willing every world to move onwards through time without the need of an Arisen anymore even in the complete abscence to time at that point

It just says he is.

So from what I can tell, the entire thing about "transcending the Eternal Cycle" comes from:

One becomes the Seneschal by defeating the current Seneschal and releasing him from the world with the Godsbane." -> game text

"At last, I am free of eternity... of infinity... free of the cruel, unending ring!" - quote from the current senschal when you kill them.

This is not transcending to a higher plane of existence from which you maintain the infinite multiverse with your willpower.

This is dying.

I am also fine with a downgrade based on the above.

The new powers seem acceptable.

I can apply the downgrade later tonight where I will remove all his 2-A related abilities too

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Where does Acausality type 4 come from?
The old Acausality's definition was Type 4 and after its updates, the changes weren't applied in on the profile

The changes were made. I guess this CRT can be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back