• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Maid Revision Update

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting a Revision thread on this website so please forgive and feel free to tell me if I do anything unorthodox. Still I’ll try my best to post what I found within the guidelines for vsbattles.

I may however need some help sorting out my tiers because I’m not overly familiar with the mathematical particulars involved. For now these are just wide guesses, they may be too high or too low, I’d very much like to discuss whether I’ve overestimated or underestimated anything.
Basically since Tohru and the Dragon Maid’s pages were last updated it seems a lot more has popped up in the story in terms of powers, progression and scale - in the main story and in the new game and in the character spinoffs. I’ve tried to collate as much of these as I found here. Mostly these will pertain to Tohru because if I had to list every power between every dragon I’d be here all week. Especially for Fafnir.

Preface: as we all know the humour in this series, is that the Dragons try to solve something using their outlandish powers but are convinced to do things the human way so they can fit-in better. As such if a dragon mentions an ability out of the blue that seems bizarre it’s usually because they can do this and are seriously suggesting this.
I’ll be sourcing scans from the Official English Translation, the Original Japanese Editions, and sometimes a fansub which is a much closer translation of the Japanese just for simplicity’s sake. Though if something is important I will translate from the Japanese myself.
Without further ado;

Lifting Strength:
(Upgrade to Class G+)

Tohru is not absolutely equal to Elma in physical strength, but she is consistently comparable to Elma and can overpower Elma physically via mana boost - as seen in the arm wrestling chapter and their various fights.
8do75d.jpg

In a recent chapter Elma managed to grapple with the Harmony Faction matriarch Telne - who should be at least 5 times harder to grapple in strength than Kimun due to size alone and the nature of her power: Perception Control.
qjxhvb.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-20-57-21.png

As seen here, Telne’s Dragon Form is 5x the size of Kimun’s (and easily as wide or wider when we see it). As we know applies to all the dragons: their physical strength and powers remain the same between their human and dragon shifted forms.
Telne’s specific power, perception control, allows Telne to focus her full strength across any distance and to an effect resembling, well, her perspective. It’s a really fun if fiddly mechanism.
f1eadfc5-36d2-4d43-bc8d-c755944fe005.png

fc7f6b5d-482d-468d-859b-f81125d886da.jpg

It doesn’t just allow Telne to ignore distance between herself and her enemy, but to affect large swathes of cloud with a small finger and entire bodies with just her palms, and focus her strength through the visual perspective of her body. Amplifying both the scale of matter affected by her blows and possibly her own strength. This power is referred to as concept manipulation, granted to Telne from Gods who are the beings that created the Dragonmaid multiverse, but I’ll get more into that later. If all that makes any sense, lol.

To sum it up Telne’s got at least the equivalent strength of a giant Dragon 5x Kimun Kamui’s size, and Elma can grapple with the strength of a “giant” version of Telne. While Tohru can grapple with Elma.
Which, to my understanding, would probably upgrade to Class G for lifting strength.

Consolidating feat - Telne - Telne’s strength through this move is so vast that she can physically destroy Saitama; Japan, where the series is set, with a swipe of a single hand (Japanese) or a snap of her fingers (Official Eng). I’m not intricately sure how heavy Saitama is, even with it being an irl place, but being able to swipe it aside so easily through perspective control seems to line up with ‘the weight of largest man-made structures’, or possibly even heavier. If so, please tell me.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-20-44-42.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-20-44-22.png

Another feat of Tohru’s is injuring Telne in a 1v1 fight. Tohru did not perform as well in their rematch because of the zoning power of Perspective Control keeping Tohru a distance away from her the entire fight, but this is also a display of Tohru’s striking strength in being able to injure Telne as such with her bare punches, which seems to confuse Telne how Tohru managed it
Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-22-26-47.png

Consolidating feat - Elma can dive to a depth of 300km deep in the ocean as her idea of having fun (presumably on her world, since our oceans don’t even go that deep).
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-16-03-42.png

On its own living at depths isn’t lifting strength because your body is designed for that depth - much like we don’t technically lift the “weight” of our atmosphere whenever we move but we simply live squashed under it all the time. But being able to freely dive to that depth from the surface, move around in that pressure, and also return to the surface with no ill effects, can be seen as a display of lifting strength done as your body can operate the same at both pressures (https://vsbattles.com/threads/ocean-pressure.126476/).
In this above thread it’s postulated that doing such at the depth of the Mariana Trench would be indicative of Class K or M lifting strength.
The bottom of the Mariana Trench is a mere 16,000 PSI, whereas the pressure diving to a depth of 300km below water would be upwards of 436,770 PSI
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-16-06-01.png

Also Elma surviving reentry cause I thought it was cute

Higher (?) - Tohru can now block a punch from Lucoa, who has the equivalent strength of a dragon so large it is impossible to measure
faaac2f8-2686-43fb-8e63-498d49aaa54e.jpg

Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-21-06-01.png

Game profile (sourced from the guidebook) saying that the size of Lucoa’s Dragon Form is incalculable
Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-21-05-05.png

Guidebook going on to say that Lucoa’s form deliberately never fits in view on any one side of the planet (her body, when shown, always stretches over the horizon or forms a mobius-strip-like shape so we can never see her from one end to the other).
In effect although we do not know Lucoa’s true size as it is incalculable it is likely that of a planetary-sized being given it always stretches at least over the curve of the earth.
e7f1d704-81c4-4d49-af64-2a238bb71b9d.jpg

We can observe that Lucoa easily dwarfs the size of many mountains, meaning by being able to hold and push-back against one of Lucoa’s blows Tohru may even surpass Class T strength by this feat

Note: unlike most Tohru feats this is an example of Tohru trying her absolute hardest. She famously has never been able to beat or harm Lucoa, and Tohru pushing back against Lucoa’s fist is narratively within the chapter an example of Tohru having become much stronger since the old times, a plot beat that’s very important in the story and brought up by Fafnir/Lucoa many times. Lucoa gives a monologue before this blow how Tohru needs to become stronger to handle future threats. Meaning this isn’t a fluke feat or the author forgetting scale but an example of Tohru’s growth - to be able to fight back on Lucoa’s level for the first time ever.

Speed:
(Upgrade to FTL)

Note: the story here is set early in the series before Fafnir is better acquainted with the human world and aware of human limits
IMG-0429.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-21-22-28.png

In a story from his spinoff, while playing with Kanna/Saikawa, Fafnir is bored at their slow human speeds playing tag and tells Kanna to move faster than the speed of light so he can have fun catching her.
Notably in the original jap translation there is no “try moving”, Fafnir simply commands Kanna to move, which also seems to fit with the series staple of “dragon expects incredible dragon-like capabilities out of mundane human experiences” and quells the possibility he is only telling Kanna to try moving that fast rather than to actually move that fast.

Fafnir is by far one of the smartest dragons to the point Tohru consults him for wisdom, training and advice, Tohru of whom other dragons like Kanna/Ilulu consider a genius for being a self-taught expert on typically human/wizard magicks. This statement suggests Fafnir casually assumes Kanna can move this fast, that Fafnir knows he himself can move this fast, and that by comparison (as Tohru is faster than Fafnir by the guidebook):
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-14-55-copy.png

Fafnir-Stats.png

(Fifth Stat Down)
Tohru can move Faster than Light as well

Consolidating feats - several times Tohru reacts to and dodges Kanna’s electric attacks, dodges lightning while flying within clouds and outspeeds lightning strikes as she fights
IMG-0458.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-21-52-08.png

And in addition we know by the guidebook that Kanna’s beam attack from their first playfight was an electric blast, to which Tohru easily reacted to with time to spare then dispersed
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-16-41.png

Although this in itself is not faster than light it demonstrates Tohru, when playing on (what she thought was) a human level, can casually react to around 1/10th the speed of light or sub-relativistic speeds. Therefore it is not out of reason that when competing seriously on a Dragon level that Tohru/Fafnir can move faster than light.
IMG-0452.jpg

Slightly miscellaneous feat I just thought was cute: Kanna manages to comfortably fly from her housephone in Saitama (where Chloe always calls her) to Minnesota before Chloe can leave the room

Attack Potency:
(Upgrade to Small Planet Level)

In one of the possible endings to the videogame written by Cool Kyou Shinja, Tohru says that a fight between her and Fafnir would cause 1/4 of the earth to be destroyed
IMG-0808.png

IMG-0810.png

IMG-0814.png

Specifically the word choice used in the original Japanese implies she means this as 1/4 of the planet would disappear, be lost, or vanish
To destroy the Earth is 59.44 Zettatons, according to this vsbattle wiki
To destroy Half of Earth is therefore 29.72 Zettatons or about 30 Zettatons
To destroy a quarter of Earth then is 15 Zettatons, and an eighth each between Tohru and Fafnir:
7.5 Zettatons - Small Planet Level
(Fafnir in the guidebook is stated as a defensive class Dragon whose modus operandi of battle is to stay on the defensive and stack various curses on opponents as they fail to harm him, while Tohru’s is to offensively destroy enemies with her dragonbreath which is stated more powerful than Fafnir’s, however for purpose of this calculation I will conservatively assume their role in the destruction caused is equally 50/50)

(Country Level) Consolidation - Tohru and Lucoa mention that if Elma were to get delirious from hunger she would accidentally sink Japan. Of note is the fact Elma sources all her mana from food, meaning this is something they feared from as weak an Elma as Elma could possibly be
Elma-Hungwy.jpg

Ewma-Hungwy.png

Consolidating Discussion - Tohru’s Progression - Tohru is much stronger than she ever was before finding Earth, this is mentioned many times by Fafnir and Lucoa, by Elma, by Sword-Kun and by Tohru herself. Tohru’s increase in strength has been a running and narratively important plot beat since the beginning of the Kanna’s father arc
IMG-0493.jpg

dfd52f7e-f4cc-4882-805a-234a3a7adb1d.jpg

To the space in-between arcs when Tohru comments on her own increase in strength, the fact her 16-year old dragon body is still developing and growing, and manages to block one of Lucoa’s attacks for the first time
IMG-0510.jpg

And to the Telne arc where Tohru has now far surpassed anyone’s expectations and gained a new power (her tail turns red like her father’s when she is incredibly angered and she appears to gain a large increase in power, this ominously reappears again soon after when she thinks Takiya has feelings for Kobayashi, showing this is a new permanent ability of Tohru’s)
d740bc22-33eb-4fec-8326-f9703f92599b.png

Sword-Kun confirms this development when stating that Tohru will definitely one day grow to surpass Telne in power, showing that Tohru’s strength has increased much from her first meeting with Elma and will continue to grow. Telne says likewise of her granddaughter Elma.
Notably, Dragons have a fixed tournament system of ascertaining how strong they are compared to other Dragons and their determined “rank”. As of the last tournament before she found Earth, Tohru was the 22nd strongest Dragon and apparently weaker than Jida
a9e38450-6047-4125-94a0-71b83d6f604b.png

95935fee-f594-48ae-b7ae-532e6a6cdbd9.png

8463baae-f6c0-4525-9cbe-41c57b98103c.png

But as of her new progression in strength and Red Dragon upgrade, a massively amped Jida (shown to have consumed a histrionic amount of human sacrifices with the Dragon Slayers to boost his magic power even further beforehand) can no longer even budge Tohru with one of his attacks, and Tohru can defeat Jida with only a single blow.

There is a panel after this where Telne assumes to Kobayashi that this was part of Kobayashi’s plan, that Tohru is more accustomed to fighting as a human and Kobayashi thought that would give Tohru an advantage, but Kobayashi says that she didn’t plan for any of that and within the story it’s obviously a result of Tohru’s anger and her Red Dragon form that Jida was beaten (her new strength of which confused Jida as well).

Proposed Addition to Ability Set - Holy Sword; Attack Potency Unknown
Holy-Sword.png

In recent chapters after the conclusion of the Telne arc, Tohru can now manifest the Holy Sword that the Abrahamic God once smote her with, and use it as an offensive weapon against other dragons.
Although it possesses a conscience, thinking itself Tohru and Kobayashi’s child, it requires a 2nd being to wield it as a weapon against others and currently has deemed itself as Tohru’s weapon - taking the form of whatever blade or tool she desires.

I would suggest this be deemed a standard weapon of Tohru’s, as Tohru has used it in battle against other dragons such as Telne and Elma, and the Holy Sword can only manifest itself in the real world around Tohru due to Tohru’s mana powers and the events of the Telne arc. Only Tohru and Kobayashi can see it, only Tohru and Kobayashi can hear it, and only Tohru and Kobayashi can wield it. It exists in orbit around either Tohru or Kobayashi, and can go wherever they go and manifest where they are, but cannot stray from them. It currently has assigned itself the role of Tohru's weapon to wield.
b7245aea-471f-4df5-a2b5-a9bd37b517f5.png

Tohru has used the Sword to oneshot Telne, who at the time was easily far stronger than both Tohru and Elma combined, and implied by Fafnir to be far stronger than the entire present group including Fafnir, Tohru, Elma, Ilulu and Kanna. Tohru and Fafnir together, being enough to destroy 1/4 of the earth. Elma and Ilulu being of similar strength to Tohru.
ce6f849c-4688-4b66-8d74-d6672e36ef5e.png

Telne has expressed extreme fear in its presence and seemingly understands that the weapon is far beyond her ability to counter if used, instead threatening to kill Kobayashi before she has the speed to use it against her.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-41-04.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-28-at-03-28-36.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-28-at-06-07-18.png

The sword, or “Sword-Kun” is both implied and mentioned to have power over Conceptual Manipulation, such as the concept of cutting and being made by the Abrahamic God to pierce through any Dragon, as Telne says that the Gods of Kobayashi-verse have control over concept manipulation and that this is a power she was specifically granted by Gods - and that she can resist the same power because she was granted protection by the same gods against concept manipulation. This obviously didn’t work because Kobayashi becoming Sword’s mother altered it’s nature, but there you go. Telne is similarly stated to have Conceptual Manipulation given to her by gods on other occasions, such as her sleepover with Kanna and Ilulu (scans provided lower down)

Tohru mentions when wielding it that the Sword gives her a strength boost as Sword-Kun described it would do to Kobayashi, but we have nothing yet to go off how much of a boost that means.

Other miscellaneous powers

Time reversal

Tohru can restore targets or an area to a state it previously was in, be that reshaping spoons, bringing furniture and appliances in a room back into existence, or repairing buildings

Notably this is not just Tohru creating her own furniture but including contents she does not know about, such as technology, wall fixtures, electrics, and book contents. Rather than just creating objects Tohru is evidently restoring the room to its previous state in time, minus the dirt.

Passive resistance to magic
DKdo0ui-XUAEg-RUn.jpg

All dragons and to an extent other magical beings in the verse have a passive resistance to magic. This is used in various chapters as the reason why other dragons can see through Perception Blocking, and why certain spells like the love potion don’t work on other dragons like Kanna.
Fafnir has mentioned magical techniques to become more resistant to magic such as bathing in his blood, and Lucoa has demonstrated that spells can overpower magic resistance depending on the target’s level of magic (e.g. Lucoa will be immune to her own spells but not Tohru as seen in the Zombie Chapter of Lucoa is my XX, and Elma can see through Tohru’s perception blocking but not Kanna)

Elma and possibly by extent Tohru are implied to have a resistance to Conceptual Manipulation by being able to resist and push against Telne’s Perception Control attacks, making Telne’s hands strain even though her hands are not actually touching them except in concept
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-42-37.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-28-at-03-51-51.png

351b62f0-f390-4267-9a87-c1bdd81560c4.png

Regeneration - Consolidating Feat -
In the manga Tohru’s battle against Ilulu is much bloodier and more gory than in the anime.

Notably, Ilulu manages to blast a laser through Tohru’s heart and through her chest on panel, and draws deep gushes of blood from Tohru’s body and limbs several times, all of which Tohru heals and regenerates instantly, the flesh of her arms and chest patching itself back together between hits.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-13-at-17-07-28.png

44b251fa67734a4caedbbab4d47088fb-1.jpg

Ilulu becomes worried and resorts to dragonbreath after commenting that she landed many good slashes to Tohru’s heart with her claws (can also be translated as “vital spots” or “vital organs”, the word used 心の literally means “heart” but it also used to generally mean all of one’s vital or spiritual areas including heart and mind, Japanese is confusing lol)
But that despite it Tohru is utterly unfazed, and Ilulu says she doesn’t know how she can possibly kill Tohru like this. This is despite Tohru deliberately letting herself be hit by all of Ilulu’s attacks to shield the people below.
01d97655-22b7-493a-9598-633f76287821.png

When the fight is over Tohru even thinks to herself that she “didn’t take that much damage” and was only concerned with her rising apathy throughout, the minor damage namely being having her vital organs and heart pierced, burned and slashed through many times over

Teleportation via Touch
Different than Tohru’s portal creation, Tohru can instantly teleport herself and others to different locations via touch
e85e9c05-8e90-4583-8571-2f8b44aa7b4e.jpg

This is used by characters interchangeably with portal creation, with no apparent preference.
Kimun Kamui and Tohru used this to exchange letters between dimensions, and in Minidora Tohru teleports the family as far as the Earth’s moon
278fq6dnwju61.jpg

Also add oxygen creation to Tohru’s powers, apparently, hahaha

Sleep Manipulation
IMG-0518.jpg

Perception-Identity Warping

Tohru can make people think she’s a long time friend of theirs and an NPC that’s part of their group???
Lol what a weird but convenient power, closest example I can think to this is that Memory Parasite episode in Rick and Morty
fce7da1f-f2b1-4031-af4a-1e33cb7e01b5.png

download-10.jpg

Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-15-50-14.png

It seems to resemble a form of mind control, since they all obliviously call Tohru different names, ignore her obvious horns sticking out and cannot notice Fafnir’s off clothing and mannerisms

Maybe related is that Tohru’s been mentioned to know a “mind corroding” curse by Fafnir, but that’s said in relation to her “become delicious” curse in the Maid Cafe, and idk how you’re supposed to use deliciousness manipulation in a vsbattle hahaha

Voice Amplification
f7ff8243-c285-4176-916c-ec98364047c0.jpg

Magical Wifi Extension
(Not gonna post a scan because this one's too funny to add to a vsbattle page, it’s a thing she does but it’s so dumb hahaha)

Digital Manipulation
(Can magically fix Fafnir’s computer after she bricked its software in the videogame, also physically left the videogame via “brute forcing” her way through a wifi connection)

Mind Reading (General upgrade)
IMG-0807.png

The Chorogons all show forms of mindreading. Lucoa reads Shouta’s mind on a ski lift, Fafnir reads Azad’s mind when becoming his roommate and reads Elma’s mind when he turns her into a plushie, in the game Ilulu creates a dreamworld level of Kobayashi’s memories, thoughts and psychology that all the dragons go exploring

Shrinking - Consolidating feat -
when Lucoa does the shrinking spell on Ilulu that Tohru mentioned in words that she can also do
[Ilulu shrinking scan is nsfw]
note: all spells in Dragonmaid verse are largely the same and are shared between dragons/wizards because of how they are invented (wizards study and invent spells, dragons have more magical power but must choose to learn spells from those that wizards invented as they aren’t coordinated or studious enough to invent their own, so as a result very few dragons know spells and those that do are using the same spells they learnt from the same source) so it can inferred to be the same spell as Tohru’s or similar in nature

Selective Perception Control - Consolidating Feats
download-11.jpg

IMG-0524.jpg

We know that Perception Control blocks all 5 senses, these are just additional consolidating feats for that because it’s not always obvious
Dragons can choose who and what can see them (Telne allows Kobayashi to see her when others can’t, several times other dragons do the same so only Kobayashi or Shouta and other dragons can see them)
Chapter in Elma’s spinoff where the plot is centred around the joke that only Elma can hear Tohru while she is Perception Blocking, so it looks like she is yelling at a coworker
Even Kanna (who has best sense of smell between the dragons) can’t detect Tohru past her perception block spell

Extrasensory
In the game although Ilulu is not in the area, Kanna and Elma and Tohru can sense the presence of another being stuck in the game with them, while Kobayashi cannot
0e0faf87-b171-4b79-a71a-bdaf7b74a07e.jpg
Screen-Shot-2023-05-12-at-04-15-41.png

233ef8f5-c1ec-4ac4-8c71-37d7296ab884.jpg

85e81fab-9cef-41f3-b850-3af13f5a94c7.png

Also incredible smell/sight/hearing across town/etc

Soul Manipulation
Tohru threatened to Clemene that if he begs for his life then she will only kill him in body and not destroy his soul
This could be seen as flamboyant wording, however in the verse souls and afterlives both exist, and Tohru has spoken in earnest that if Kobayashi dies she will retrieve Kobayashi’s soul from hell and resurrect her.
In addition Fafnir has shown he as well can manipulate and interact with souls, preventing one from passing on to the afterlife. This same soul in Fafnir's computer of which Tohru can accidentally destroy in the videogame if she takes the route wherein she “brute forces” her way out of the game and back into the real world
6923681ee10649c2a60257563e4d99d6.jpg

Destruction/Erasure Manipulation
As seen before Tohru can erase objects from existence entirely, comparing this power to Vishnu and leaving nothingness. Notably Tohru can destroy select objects and this does not appear to be through a process of burning or concussion but simply erasure - getting rid of electric and gas attachments, wall fixtures, holes and electronics and leaving a simple bare room in its place even where there would have been holes or pipes. Tohru can then restore select objects while leaving others behind, such as dirt or dust.

Djinn summoning/wish manipulation
2b43d541-56e4-4686-b706-4a4262664bcf.jpg

Kanna and Tohru both know how to draw a magic circle that can summon wish-granting Jin, this does not appear to have any obvious negative twist as Kanna intended this as a benevolent gift to Saikawa and Tohru'sonly concern is that Saikawa would discover that magical beings exist

Healing
Heals deep life-threatening wounds on Ilulu
[Ilulu healing scan is nsfw]
Kanna has a similar ability in the game where she can heal herself as well as multiple teammates

Eating Lava (Not a feat just thought it was funny lol)
447ec43e-165f-4c92-bce5-cb838d46a286.jpg

Supersonic Screeching
While trying to scream on Yana’s human level in death metal Kanna can yell so loudly that the sound causes Yana and Saikawa to be thrown backwards
60d49ccd-0d8b-449c-89f7-92c4659ac7eb.jpg

Kanna is also the best dragon at imitating human mannerisms and behaviours, and understands by far the best out of all the dragons what is and isn’t normal. This is the least likely her being oblivious to human customs and most likely her slightly overestimating how loud humans can scream
As posted earlier Tohru can also amplify Kobayashi’s voice so it can be clearly heard above an entire army of arguing full-sized dragons
Notably larger animals tend to be directly correlated with larger sounds produced, to the point a call from a whale can easily kill nearby humans and Sauropods are postulated to have possibly been even louder. To be heard above an army of sauropod-sized dragons therefore is an incredible display of sound

Magic Draining/Removal
Tohru can both sap mana from an opponent and more importantly, she can remove their magic vessel - their innate ability to absorb, store and use magic power (used on Azad, difference noted between Mana and Magic Vessel in guidebook)

Clairvoyance
allows you to see from a thousand perspectives at once
d77a3f7b-fda0-4f0f-8c80-d325f4b6e60b.jpg

Regular Cloning
fce7da1f-f2b1-4031-af4a-1e33cb7e01b5.png

As we saw by the Molting chapter, Tohru can create clones of herself by bolting. However the guidebook and the story make a distinction between this “cloning” and the cloning Tohru stated herself capable of, as in fact Tohru didn’t even know that her molted skin would become clones and wanted to get rid of them for being a pest. Ilulu says as well that these were just husks, as opposed to being clones.
Notably, the actual cloning spell Tohru was referring to was then performed on Kanna by Lucoa:
Kanna-Chapter-81-5.jpg

Lucoa has also performed various cloning examples on herself in Lucoa is my XX, creating mirror dopplegangers and even a version of herself that is a girl Shouta’s age, from a strand of her hair.
Notably none of these genuine clone examples require molting, and the molting example perplexed Tohru as she was unaware of this and also unaware that she molted, as Tohru is apparently still growing in size.
Both types of clones involved, molting and non-molting, seem to retain the powers of their hosts. For example Tohru’s clones can fly into space and Lucoa’s clone can kick a football at 5000mph.
I presume the main difference between purposeful regular clones and accidental molting clones is that while molting clones are (mostly) mindless silent husks, regular clones as Kanna/Lucoa created do have the ability for thought, independent action and speech, and can seemingly be dismissed as Kanna’s clones did not stick around the next day like Tohru’s did.

Proposed revision to weakness section
in the guidebook it is said that Dragons are not inherently weak to holy weapons, but that the Holy weapons and armors within universe are so powerful that they can overcome even dragons. Specifically holy swords are so deadly that they can even hurt dragons, and holy shrouds so defensive that even Ilulu can’t pierce them.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-13-43.png

Notably there are several examples of Dragons using holy weapons or powers themselves, such as Tohru and the holy sword or Telne and Perception Control, Dragons simply are not as powerful as the gods within their verse, rather than a type disadvantage

Last edited:
Lucoa Verse Scaling - Unknown Tier

Preface: Dragonmaid and other COOL authored works exist within a shared universe with eachother
Screen-Shot-2023-05-12-at-02-03-00.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-20-37-18.png

ecea886d-d102-4bdf-9d15-4c0089ab4f38.jpg

IMG-0538.png

IMG-0488.png

Dragonmaid mentions many, many times that Kobayashi works for a branch of the company founded by the highschool girl main character Haru Jigokumeguri at the end of the COOL manga Ojojojo, to the point Kobayashi meets and harasses Haru and refers to her as the company president in a chapter.
Kobayashi also appears in the Ojojojo manga, the events of Ojojojo in a newspaper in the Kobayashi manga, Kobayashi also appears in Paranoia Cage.
Miki from I can’t understand what my husband is saying also appears in Dragonmaid, in Miss Komori can’t decline, in Paranoia Cage, and in Mononoke Sharing. Lucoa as well appears in Mononoke sharing, which is important later. All or most of the COOL Kyou works crossover with one another in some way.
As established the plot of Dragonmaid actually subsists off the plot of Ojojojo and other related COOL works, as the end of Ojojojo sees the founding of the company that Kobayashi works for and the main character of Ojojojo is Kobayashi’s company president.

Lucoa’s role in creation

Lucoa is my XX, the Dragonmaid Guidebook, and Mononoke Sharing (where Lucoa appears) all confirm that Lucoa was one of the gods that oversaw creation. Mononoke Sharing says that Lucoa was even directly involved with the genesis of our dimension, and Lucoa is my XX confirmed that part of Aztec myth is true and that it was Lucoa who created humanity by stealing bones from the underworld - the Aztec creation myth that also credits Quetzalcoatl as one of the beings who created the world
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-20-44-12.png

[Mononoke Sharing Lucoa lore is nsfw]
9b7a319232494f7aab60e1230f340811.jpg

In the guidebook and in the manga it is mentioned frequently that there exist multiple other worlds or dimensions alike the earth dimension and Tohru’s own, with different mythologies. Tohru and Elma frequently refer to multiple other realms and other worlds and other planes of existence. For example Nidhogg, Yggdrasil and the Norse myths are set on other worlds/dimensions.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-20-44-38.png

Tohru and Elma refer to and have visited in person multiple different afterlives and realms as existing places, including Valhalla, Jahannam, Niflheim, Gehenna, the lake of fire, Hades, a Japanese afterlife, etcetera. Lucoa has also visited such afterlives and taken Shouta there with her:
[Lucoa afterlife scan is nsfw]
Tohru even fights an Abrahamic God within the Empyrean
Some of these mythologies seem to have multiple realms within themselves, such as Nidhogg and the World Tree which holds aloft the 7 Norse Realms

Lucoa has shown many, many, many powers in Lucoa is my XXX which would seem to support these capabilities, including Life Creation (gives life to a phone and turns regular eggs into baby chicks), Reality Warping (Turns videogame from a regular game into a real world they can physically enter into, caused a zombie apocalypse from watching a romantic movie about zombies she liked), Dimension Creation (Creates an alternate universe and history where Shouta was born as a girl), Mirror Dimension Creation (Creates a pocket dimension within a mirror including its own mirror Lucoa), taking Shouta to different afterlives, History Altering, Probability Manipulation, Mass Mindcontrol, implied Time Travel, affecting 3000 realities at once, etc
IMG-0476.png

Then to apply this to scaling: if Lucoa was one of the gods that created the multiverse and humanity (humans existing on multiple different worlds as well), and different religions reside in different dimensions, and certain dimensions like Norse myth contain several realms inside themselves, and Lucoa can casually create digital dimensions, mirror dimensions and alternate worlds/histories,

Then how powerful is Lucoa?
And
Where does Tohru scale by being able to block one of Lucoa’s blows?

Also of note is that Nidhogg, a dragon who poisoned a multiversal structure in the world tree by biting through its roots, is one of the several dragons that considered themselves weaker than Tohru and who came to Earth to become as strong as her after her fight with Telne. This would imply that Tohru, at least with Sword-Kun, is stronger than them by extension.
852d54e2-2b42-4503-bf46-611b29d7de77.png

Thoughts? I’m eager to discuss

Last edited:
Really well done. Since its really big I think you should discuss it with other supporters then get it added on some blogs or just go with this one.

*TL;DR what I'm hoping to establish itt is
Low 5-B Attack Potency Upgrade - based off Game statement
Low 5-B Holy Sword Addition - via defeating Telne, still probably not enough to scale to 5-A
FTL Speed - based off Fafnir Statement
Class T Lifting Strength Upgrade - via Tohru grappling with Lucoa
or
Class G Lifting Strength Upgrade - via Elma grappling with Telne
Adding Tohru's various abilities from the Other Miscellaneous Powers section
Consolidating other abilities on Tohru's page such as her Low-Mid Regeneration by linking here

And also I wanna figure out with others where the Lucoa scaling stands because I don't know nothing about cosmic tiers

Very well done thread. I will be looking through this and replying with my thoughts.

Also, for next time, please keep everything in the opening post of the thread.

I'd recommend putting some big black bars over some of these scans. Wouldn't want you getting into trouble for posting, um, questionable imagery.

Very well done thread. I will be looking through this and replying with my thoughts.

Also, for next time, please keep everything in the opening post of the thread.
Thank You! It makes me happy I did this well
I'll keep it in the opening post next time. It's because I took the time to type out everything with images, submitting, and only then realising the OP has a 20 image limit

Low 5-B Attack Potency Upgrade - based off Game statement
Based on what you said and showed... It seems to mean that it would destroy 1/4th of the planet over time.

We don't know how much time that is, or how many attacks it would take for this to happen, so we can't scale them to that value with their individual attacks.

The best I think we could do is a "likely far higher" citing this statement as evidence that she is probably a lot stronger than 6-C.

FTL Speed - based off Fafnir Statement
Fafnir's singular statement isn't really enough evidence to straight up say that he can go faster than light.

This wiki has some tough standards regarding statements like this. You'd need something that further implies or shows him going at those speeds, especially for a solid rating.

I could maybe agree with possibly FTL though.

Class T Lifting Strength Upgrade - via Tohru grappling with Lucoa
I agree.

Lucoa's dragon form would have Class T to P via sheer size, and we know the human forms of dragons are equal in strength to their dragon forms.

Last edited:
I'd recommend putting some big black bars over some of these scans. Wouldn't want you getting into trouble for posting, um, questionable imagery.
Hahahaha, yeah you're totally right. That's why I like Dragonmaid so much, you gotta find action by reading through whole phonebooks of lewds

Hahahaha, yeah you're totally right. That's why I like Dragonmaid so much, you gotta find action by reading through whole phonebooks of lewds
Seriously though, please remove some of those more lewd images.

You could end up in serious trouble because of those. And you don't seem like a bad user so I don't want that to happen.

Seriously though, please remove some of those more lewd images.

You could end up in serious trouble because of those. And you don't seem like a bad user so I don't want that to happen.
Hm? Oh ok sure! Removing them now.
Hope you'll understand one or two missing scans

Based on what you said and showed... It seems to mean that it would destroy 1/4th of the planet over time.

We don't know how much time that is, or how many attacks it would take for this to happen, so we can't scale them to that value with their individual attacks.

The best I think we could do is a "likely far higher" citing this statement as evidence that she is probably a lot stronger than 6-C.

Fafnir's singular statement isn't really enough evidence to straight up say that he can go faster than light.

This wiki has some tough standards regarding statements like this. You'd need something that further implies or shows him going at those speeds, especially for a solid rating.

I could maybe agree with possibly FTL though.

I agree.

Lucoa's dragon form would have Class T to P via sheer size, and we know the human forms of dragons are equal in strength to their dragon forms.
That seems understandable, it makes sense we should scale destruction on single attacks. Fafnir has mentioned that he can fight enemies for thousands of years, before.
Possibly we could look to Tohru/Elma's fight when they met, they'd been stated to destroy multiple islands in fights before and in that fight it appeared they destroyed that scale in only one shared blast between eachother instead of a prolonged battle. But I'm happy with "Likely far higher" either way.

Same with the lightspeed, I agree that it should be possibly rather than definite. It is afterall just a suggestion on paper.

Thanks for the clarification on Lucoa's size, I got no eye for this sorta thing so I was just eyeballing it.

I mean, Lucoa is easily Type 4, if not Type 5 on the Large Size scale. Her body can be seen going across the horizon in the sky. From the ground, this would be at bare minimum a few hundred miles away.

And yeah, her head alone dwarfs multiple mountains.

So I think she is at the very least Class T, with arguments of Class P.

But it would be best to get assistance from a Calc Member for this.

Oh! and not to mention this scan.

If her tail end is still on the planet, she could easily be scaled at planetary lengths.

I think it's also impressive that in the Elma spinoff scan, Lucoa's body can stretch way into space while her tail still easily remains on Earth.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-16-06-01.png

That looks pretty far! Like Moon-far

Last edited:
Not to mention, this could potentially be used as speed. How long did it take her to get there?
Well, she's got her head back down to earth before Elma hits the water, so pretty damn fast!

Something else I realised while we were discussing, just as Consolidation, Tohru's firebreath is comparable to Lucoa's
Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-14-55-copy.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-10-at-21-15-07-copy-3.png

And on her page Lucoa's breath is said to be at least Country Level, on account of her carving drawings into a moon

Well, she's got her head back down to earth before Elma hits the water, so pretty damn fast!

Something else I realised while we were discussing, just as Consolidation, Tohru's firebreath is comparable to Lucoa's
I mean how fast did she get up there?

Can you tell me what chapter this is exactly? If I know that I can help more.

Not to mention, this could potentially be used as speed. How long did it take her to get there?

Could you tell me what chapter this is?
Volume 6, Chapter 53. Not yet fan-translated
Screen-Shot-2023-05-29-at-00-29-50.png

From what I can tell it's a spur-of-the-moment decision by Elma, that she wants to go into space so she can feel how humans feel on a rollercoaster. It seems the same time of day when she lands, and she has so much fun she makes Lucoa fly her around across the world the rest of the day as well, and it seems the same time of day when they finish their fun, so I can't imagine it took them more than a few minutes of waiting to get her thrill

I mean how fast did she get up there?

Can you tell me what chapter this is exactly? If I know that I can help more.

There we go!

I can share some higher quality scans of this chapter too, if you'd like reading those

Last edited:
Tohru threatened to Clemene that if he begs for his life then she will only kill him in body and not destroy his soul
This could be seen as flamboyant wording, however in the verse souls and afterlives both exist, and Tohru has spoken in earnest that if Kobayashi dies she will retrieve Kobayashi’s soul from hell and resurrect her.
Here you go
You should get an admin to help you clean up the OP
Loading this page was longer than normal due to the images

Here you go
You should get an admin to help you clean up the OP
Loading this page was longer than normal due to the images
Thank you both for boosting our thread! 😊 I appreciate the support you’ve all been showing me so far

So far I think we’ve established Tohru destroying 1/4 of the earth doesn’t concretely make her planetary, because a timeframe for the fight isn’t given, but does probably mean she is "likely far higher".
Perhaps upgrading to country level for attack potency as Tohru’s firebreath is compared to Lucoa’s/a weakened Elma is described to destroy the country if she becomes delirious from hunger, but I haven’t received feedback on that yet.
Likewise for speed Fafnir suggesting they can surpass lightspeed would mean “possibly FTL” rather than definite
Tohru’s current lifting strength has improved to arguably Class P, as Lucoa being able to stretch from earth to space means she is planetary in size
I was going to ask about Lucoa’s scaling, but thinking about it in hindsight I don’t think blocking punches from a reality warping being is the same as blocking reality warping from them. At most we should be scaling Tohru’s physical strength to Lucoa and not her magic as these are seperate things. Same with Nidhogg’s poison vs raw fighting ability.

I was asked to make this thread 'approved by supporters as well as two staff members', so I think the only things left I would need to ask your support for are adding the holy sword as Tohru’s weapon, and Tohru’s miscellaneous powers such as sleep spells and identity shifting. As well as a second staff member’s support. Then I can update Tohru’s vspage!

Last edited:
Thank you both for boosting our thread! 😊 I appreciate the support you’ve all been showing me so far

So far I think we’ve established Tohru destroying 1/4 of the earth doesn’t concretely make her planetary, because a timeframe for the fight isn’t given, but does probably mean she is "likely far higher".
Perhaps upgrading to country level for attack potency as Tohru’s firebreath is compared to Lucoa’s/a weakened Elma is described to destroy the country if she becomes delirious from hunger, but I haven’t received feedback on that yet.
Likewise for speed Fafnir suggesting they can surpass lightspeed would mean “possibly FTL” rather than definite
Tohru’s current lifting strength has improved to arguably Class P, as Lucoa being able to stretch from earth to space means she is planetary in size
I was going to ask about Lucoa’s scaling, but thinking about it in hindsight I don’t think blocking punches from a reality warping being is the same as blocking reality warping from them. At most we should be scaling Tohru’s physical strength to Lucoa and not her magic as these are seperate things. Same with Nidhogg’s poison vs raw fighting ability.

I was asked to make this thread 'approved by supporters as well as two staff members', so I think the only things left I would need to ask your support for are adding the holy sword as Tohru’s weapon, and Tohru’s miscellaneous powers such as sleep spells and identity shifting. As well as a second staff member’s support. Then I can update Tohru’s vspage!
I am not a VSBW staff, so unfortunately you'll still need two staffs to come to this thread.

Though, I'm unsure how they would take this thread. It's very messy, and you didn't put everything in the OP.

Also, you really should have linked the images rather than inserting them all here. It makes it really hard to navigate your points.

This isn't to discredit your effort though. Mistakes are expecting from one's first CRT.

-----

I don't think we can upgrade Tohru to scale to Lucoa's fire breath. Do we have definite proof that she created the moon rabbit with her breath?

We would need someone to calculate Lucoa's exact size based on the images provided to get some form of LS for her.

I am not a VSBW staff, so unfortunately you'll still need two staffs to come to this thread.
Ah really? I thought Content Moderators were the same thing.
Though, I'm unsure how they would take this thread. It's very messy, and you didn't put everything in the OP.
Once everything's sorted I'll try my luck. If things are ok but they still want me to reformat then I'll take that responsibility and change messy images to links.
I don't think we can upgrade Tohru to scale to Lucoa's fire breath. Do we have definite proof that she created the moon rabbit with her breath?
Now that you mention it, no, I don't think the means was mentioned.
But that's ok with me even if it isn't scaled, I'm happy just to acknowledge Tohru's fight with Fafnir in the game even if the scaling isn't definite. Also I'd be happy to add her various missing powers.

We would need someone to calculate Lucoa's exact size based on the images provided to get some form of LS for her.
...is there someone I can ask for help calculating, or am I meant to learn how to do that myself?

Which ones, btw?

I had some stuff here
Oh I meant the ones I listed in this thread like her teleporting with a touch or regenning her heart. Great points on your list as well, I didn't even think of most of that like resisting space radiation. Hopefully I can add those too if this thread is approved.

Calc Group Members. Or others who know how to do it. Maybe I can ask for you.
Where on the website would I find them?
If you do ask for me thank you so much, seems I still need to be more familiar with where to find things here

Oh I meant the ones I listed in this thread like her teleporting with a touch or regenning her heart. Great points on your list as well, I didn't even think of most of that like resisting space radiation. Hopefully I can add those too if this thread is approved.
Somewhat unrelated but I also didn't notice those clones far went outside of the atmosphere in the span of a single panel. Could maybe be used for speed as well, IDK.

Where on the website would I find them?
If you do ask for me thank you so much, seems I still need to be more familiar with where to find things here
In the "Staff Online" section, probably.

Back