• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super speed upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows what God Ki users are capable of, and Beerus straight up said that he was testing Goku and sorts coaching him on how to use Divine Ki

So a character with a speed of under 1.8 Billion's times FTl managed to time his attack to the exact time a explosion that moves at over 5 quintillion time FTL and if his attack was off by even 0.00000000000001 literally everyone would be dead.

Or he can move that fast.

Which of these is more likely?

I looked through the scans given after I finished debating. Where'd the timeframe come from, because I never saw an "immediately" or "instantly" in the subtitles like this is trying to portray.

I don't know if its fabrication...I disagree for many of the reasons cal howard does. It would just mean his range is universal level not that his movement speed is.

Even during this scene, Beerus was not shown to move...his energy did the work for him. There are plenty of characters who can do such a thing - not on the level of Beerus of course - and it usually isn't considered speed per se.

Take Trafalgar Law for example. He can create a "room" which drastically increases his melee range. However, if he lifted something extremely fast in the "room," we wouldn't really call that a speed feat. It would be a perception feat at best, because no movement is actually shown.

So yea, I disagreed before on that but I recently got busy so I didn't quite have the time to say it.

@Ala So if this is to be considered it'd just be reaction/perception speed?

I agree its not travel, it is reaction speed, but reaction speed still applies to combat so still pretty important as speed feats go.

Worth mentioning is not only did the explosion not even reach Earth, but didn't even reach far enough to hit Goku and Beerus either, despite it's universal speed (Beerus states he nullified it here, as in near point blank) so Beerus really stopped it at near point blank range, immediately after detonation, not many km away or something like that.

OH I agree on that, but he does have to perceive the explosion and react to it and actively nullify it, so it would still apply to reaction/combat speed.

SSJRyu1 said:
OH I agree on that, but he does have to perceive the explosion and react to it and actively nullify it, so it would still apply to reaction/combat speed.
If he doesn't move it's not combat speed. Speed requires motion. It's reaction timing only

OT: I agree with Alakabamm

So, could anybody else in the staff offer input regarding this?

My question if is this is possibly reaction (not saying it is), how would it be applicable. Considering Beerus didn't even move.

The real cal howard said:
My question if is this is possibly reaction (not saying it is), how would it be applicable. Considering Beerus didn't even move.
I don't see how it's applicable either tbh. You can't really have combat speed without actually moving. For example, Flash has attosecond reaction but he has demonstrated that on panel with quantiifable speed feats

The only thing I can possibly see it is, assuming it's a flawless calc and gets accepted, is an instability to 100%, which would be worthless because fights start out with the assumption he's going 100%.

Well reaction speed would apply to dodging, H2H, speed of using quick hax, that kinda stuff, just not travel really is all. If he can perceive the explosion, and act on it to nullify it, then it would apply to combat.

So unless there are more people who wish to weigh in I think most people are OK with this being used for reaction speed. Any further thoughts?

Actually even if we say he didn't move and his Ki did all the work for him Beerus still scales since DB have been shown on numerous occasions to be able to react to their own attacks.

Scaling him to something which is more indicative of his range on an assumed timeframe would be rater strange though.

True it is an odd circumstance that doesn't happen much since most people don't have to react to there own attacks, but technically I think we can agree he reacted to the combined explosion of him and Goku and acted on it, even if just as a reaction, which is certainly a reaction speed feat.

SSJRyu1 said:
Well reaction speed would apply to dodging, H2H, speed of using quick hax, that kinda stuff, just not travel really is all. If he can perceive the explosion, and act on it to nullify it, then it would apply to combat.
Almost none of that is classified as reaction speed.

Well as far as the feat goes Beerus can perceive, react to and nullify the attack, we have seen he lifts his arm to nullify or redirect attacks all other times so he can logically move his limbs at this calced speed. Not sure if that is specifically considered reaction speed or combat speed, but he can perceive things, react and move his limbs at that speed at least to nullify.

We've seen him nullify beams and blasts coming at him before, and as I said earlier, if it were that case, I'd find this legit. However, because it's not, it makes no sense from a logical standpoint for him to nullify omnidirectional waves from one fixed point.

Hmm. There may just be too many question marks to be able to use this feat.

However, it would be good if we could get a less conservative calculation for Whis' travel feat across the universe. Currently I think that it strictly uses 5 galaxies.

Antvasima said:

However, it would be good if we could get a less conservative calculation for Whis' travel feat across the universe. Currently I think that it strictly uses 5 galaxies.

Sorry if this is said before, but Whis said that he needs 2 full days to reach omni kings world. Can we use it for something?

Antvasima said:
I could do a less conversative one, the one atm is far too conservative.

@Ant There are currently 2 blogs that calc the Whis' trip to U 10 that both put him either in the high trillion or low quadrillion.

One of these blogs have like 50 calcs for this feat alone so there is a good chance at least one of the calcs is right.

You mind getting links?

I don't doubt the Whis U10 trip speed feat, though I still don't think it should scale to anyone else sans Vados, Daiwhateverhisnamewhas, and Zeno.

I understand your concern Ant since it is not as straight forward as some feats, but most people agree this can be good for reaction speed at least, I think the few arguments are just for if it extends to all speed or just reaction speed, but we can probably at least use it for reaction speed if nothing else.

I would be interested to see what Lina Shields post about it says to.

Like I said before, I have no problems with the Whis calc, but I don't think it should scale to anyone who's not blue. Scaling it to Beerus would be calc stacking.

Beerus is about 3/4 of Whis' total speed so it could scale by that,though I'm not 100% sure about that.

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Flew to a planet at 3/4th the speed of Whis)

The real cal howard said:
Like I said before, I have no problems with the Whis calc, but I don't think it should scale to anyone who's not blue. Scaling it to Beerus would be calc stacking.
I can also accept Whis transuniversal feat, but Beerus hasn't demonstrated that so it only scales to Whis, Vados, Daishinkan and possibly Omni King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back