• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball speed upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku could have aim dodged that. We don't see if he jumped before or after the bullet was fired
He still dodges bullets after they were fired in the anime which to my understanding is supplementary to the manga

And really all you have is an assumption hence the "could have" which isn't a debunk on top of the fact of how its presented even in the anime

He still dodges bullets after they were fired in the anime which to my understanding is supplementary to the manga

And really all you have is an assumption hence the "could have" which isn't a debunk to how its presented even in the anime
You should calc the anime feat then, it would be allowed

And really all you have is an assumption hence the "could have" which isn't a debunk to how its presented even in the anime

You also assumed he dodged after it was fired

There's no indication Goku aimdodged that, in the slightest. This is fine
In the manga, there's no indication he dodged it after it was fired

I literally had the clip on hand of how it's presented and we know the anime is supplementary material, how is that an assumption
Everything is an assumption. The manga itself doesn't if he dodged after it was fired or before, only the anime makes it clear that its after. So why not use the anime calc?

In the manga, there's no indication he dodged it after it was fired.
The anime shows he dodged it after it was fired, thus, in the manga - if there's no contradiction - that's what happened too.
End of the story.

We use primary canon if possible, it's possible here, the distance is very calculable, so no, we're not using the Anime calc. Hope that cleared your concerns, have a great day.

The anime shows he dodged it after it was fired, thus, in the manga - if there's no contradiction - that's what happened too.
End of the story.

We use primary canon if possible, it's possible here, the distance is very calculable, so no, we're not using the Anime calc. Hope that cleared your concerns, have a great day.
The anime distance is also calculable. If you use primary canon if possible, then why use anime instead of manga to determine if the feat is not aimdodging or not? This is circular logic

NGL using the anime to assume it's not aimdodging but then using the manga to calc does seem like Texas Sharpshooter to me. I'm in agreement with King here at the moment.

NGL using the anime to assume it's not aimdodging but then using the manga to calc does seem like Texas Sharpshooter to me. I'm in agreement with King here at the moment.
I mean we have the anime calc too but either way again as said prior the anime is supplementary evidence and just saying "it could've been" isn't a debunk

I mean we have the anime calc too but either way again as said prior the anime is supplementary evidence and just saying "it could've been" isn't a debunk
"It could've been" is him making an equal interpretation, the possibility that he aim dodged. Because you are making the positive claim that it wasn't, (because this thread couldn't exist if you think it is aim dodging) you need to supply evidence that it wasn't aim dodging. It's much simpler to just use the anime.

Dale you are proving my point. If we already have a consistent anime calc why even have this one???
Shit mine is cooler that's why nah I'm jk but look I just did the calc and thought I'd do a CRT for it 😭😭

If it's that contentious then we can use the anime one it's only a couple m/s lower anyways

The anime distance is also calculable.
The manga takes priority over the anime, as said before.
If you use primary canon if possible, then why use anime instead of manga to determine if the feat is not aimdodging or not? This is circular logic
It is not. You quoted me right, "primary canon IF POSSIBLE", it is not possible to determine whether or not Goku was moving before or after the bullet was shot, thus, allowing us to take the context of the official adaptation to clarify.

You seem confused. Just because we take one element from the Anime (context or timeframe), doesn't mean we have to calculate the entire feat using solely the Anime, especially if the Manga is usable for other factors.

That is ridiculous.

The manga takes priority, always. UNLESS when it cannot provide us with enough context. The Anime is secondary canon, if it's not aim dodge there, then we can determine it's not aim dodging on the manga. That's where the Anime is needed, and when it stops being needed. Manga takes priority again for accurate depictions of movement and distances. It's not that hard, nor is it that deep. Seriously.

The manga takes priority over the anime, as said before.

It is not. You quoted me right, "primary canon IF POSSIBLE", it is not possible to determine whether or not Goku was moving before or after the bullet was shot, thus, allowing us to take the context of the official adaptation to clarify.

You seem confused. Just because we take one element from the Anime (context or timeframe), doesn't mean we have to calculate the entire feat using solely the Anime, especially if the Manga is usable for other factors.
If the manga takes priority over anime, then you can't use anime to prove he wasn't aimdodging

So you're only allowed to take context of official adaptations for finding out if something is aimdodging and you can't use it for calcs? What is this double standard?

If the manga takes priority over anime, then you can't use anime to prove he wasn't aimdodging

So you're only allowed to take context of official adaptations for finding out if something is aimdodging and you can't use it for calcs? What is this double standard?
This is stonewalling. Priority is momentarily ceased once the manga is incapable of proving enough context for the calculation - thus allowing us for us to take said context from the Anime, which is a lesser canon. I've explained this twice, and you still repeat the same complaint over and over again, disregarding the explanation.

We're allowed to use or calculate the Anime version, but the Manga version's distance and movement scaling takes priority, since it does provide visual context for scaling, the manga version would be superior. You'd need to find a reason to discard the manga version entirely - aim dodging is not a reason FRA.

Please stop repeating yourself and stomping your feet on the same debunked complaint.

This is stonewalling. Priority is momentarily ceased once the manga is incapable of proving enough context for the calculation - thus allowing us for us to take said context from the Anime, which is a lesser canon. I've explained this twice, and you still repeat the same complaint over and over again, disregarding the explanation.

We're allowed to use or calculate the Anime version, but the Manga version's distance and movement scaling takes priority, since it does provide visual context for scaling, the manga version would be superior. You'd need to find a reason to discard the manga version entirely - aim dodging is not a reason FRA.

Please stop repeating yourself and stomping your feet on the same debunked complaint.
Why does priority cease once the manga can't prove more context? What is this arbitrary rule you just made up? The anime also provides visual context.

Why does priority cease once the manga can't prove more context? What is this arbitrary rule you just made up?
King, I understand you have trouble making the slightest attempt at the act of thinking, but please do it -
Why do you think we have properties? "Primary" canon, "Secondary" canon.

The primary canon can be aided by the secondary canon, when it can no longer prove enough information about a particular feat.
The priority ceases to exist for this piece of information because it's literally impossible to proceed in the manga alone.
The anime also provides visual context.
The Manga takes priority over the Anime. If two canons have comparable visual context, the primary canon wins, always. The anime just cleared one doubt we had, it is no longer going to be used

I've had to explain basic logic over and over again. I hope you won't bother this thread again.

King, I understand you have trouble making the slightest attempt at the act of thinking, but please do it -
Why do you think we have properties? "Primary" canon, "Secondary" canon.

The primary canon can be aided by the secondary canon, when it can no longer prove enough information about a particular feat.
The priority ceases to exist for this piece of information because it's literally impossible to proceed in the manga alone.

The Manga takes priority over the Anime. If two canons have comparable visual context, the primary canon wins, always. The anime just cleared one doubt we had, it is no longer going to be used

I've had to explain basic logic over and over again. I hope you won't bother this thread again.

Another arbitrary rule you made up

If its impossible, why not just say you don't know how to interpret it?

Sure, and the manga doesn't confirm if its aimdodging or not, therefore we use the manga, so the feat can't be used as it isn't clear

Another arbitrary rule you made up
"When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.

If the feat is correctly depicted over multiple canons any of these can be used to judge the feat. Should different results be reached by judging the feat through multiple canons, the result of the primary canon will have priority."
Canon

We can use multiple canons to judge the same feat. We can use information of two different media of the same canon. I can use the context of the anime, and calculate the manga version. The primary version's result takes priority even if the Anime's context is used. It's not a made up rule.

Now please CEASE AND DESIST.

We won't upgrade Goku to 9-A+ though, that feat is only for supporting consistency. We will upgrade him to 8-C.
My calc for 21st budokai goku has high 8-C and 8-C results 🗿

That is ridiculous.

The manga takes priority, always. UNLESS when it cannot provide us with enough context. The Anime is secondary canon, if it's not aim dodge there, then we can determine it's not aim dodging on the manga. That's where the Anime is needed, and when it stops being needed. Manga takes priority again for accurate depictions of movement and distances. It's not that hard, nor is it that deep. Seriously.
That's the definition of Texas Sharpshooter...
Watch your ******* mouth when you talk to King like that or anyone for that matter. You've been warned multiple times about your condescending tone. I personally refrained from reporting you from other threads because I didn't want to see you get reported again as I know others who talk exactly like you but dodge repercussions for being productive members. However you keep getting chances and you keep getting warned but you proceed with talking to people like that. I swear if I see you make another comment like this your going straight to RVR.

Last edited:
I've made my argument, I doubt I'll need to say anything more. I'll be watching but I've effectively unfollowed.
That is fine apologies things went like that it seems we'll need a staff verdict but if the rule TioKill posted above is valid then it seems using my calc will be fine and it's already been accepted but we'll see

That's the definition of Texas Sharpshooter...
Multiple canons can be used to judge the same feat, and we don't have to commit to one version because a single element is taken from it, that's a written rule.

It's not even feasible to make a fair argument as to how that's a bad thing in the first place - feat lacks context due to media limitations, other media aids that, the feat is now usable. It's perfectly fine.
Watch your ******* mouth when you talk to King like that
Seems like King is your friend by how personal you're taking this - the very emotional "watch your ******* mouth" seems to be baiting a reaction out of me - that's pretty sad. Stop getting angry over internet debates before telling me how to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back