• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball MuLTiPLiErS

So in this thread we can mess around with multipliers in Dragon Ball. Multipliers are known to be inconsistent, mainly ssj2 and 3 so because of that they're not accepted on the wiki. In this thread however we can go in depth on how strong we think these transformations are. I'll start with my massive example down below.

First we have the baseline of the multipliers and that's ssj. It's 50x multiplier is very credible. Goku got 20x stronger with the Kaio-Ken and was somewhat comparable to 50% Frieza. Ssj is 2.5x stronger than the Kaio-Ken 20x because Goku was actually superior to 100% Frieza but wasn't at his fullest because of his long battle with Frieza and ssj without training burns through a lot of energy.

Next we have ssj grade 2 and this is very simple. We know that ssj Vegeta wasn't enough to beat semi Cell but grade 2 absolutely demolished him. It's hard to put an exact number so lowballing would put it at 2x.

Next is Grade 3 and for this one, I'll use a method that is a very common method people use. And that's El Manga Legendario. It states that Trunks becomes 10x stronger than grade 2 making it 20x stronger than ssj. This is in now way contradicted and isn't a stretch because Trunks was stronger than Cell with this form by quite a large margin.

Next is Grade 4, this doesn't really have a multiplier, it's just ssj but better stamina, emotional control and training growth. Due to its advantages Goku and Gohan at half power surpass grade 2 Vegeta. To even things out let's say that they were 2.5x stronger than Vegeta at half power, making them overall 5x stronger than grade 2 Vegeta but still weaker than grade 3 Trunks.

Now we have ssj2 and it should easily be 20x ssj as well because it should be at least equal to grade 3 in terms of a multiplier. It makes no sense for a form superior to grades 1 and 2 to be inferior to grade 3. There's also the fact that ssj2 Gohan at half power was much stronger than grade 3 Trunks. Ssj2 Gohan at half power also vaporized super Perfect Cell who's way stronger than perfect Cell and grade 3 Trunks. Ssj2 is a form that maintains energy like grade 4, has a tremendous power up like grade 3 and has a speed increase like grade 2, it has all the good qualities of each grade. There's even the fact that Cell also has a grade 3 form because he told Trunks he can do the same thing, and also has saiyan cells. Cell uses this for against Gohan but still gets one shot while Gohan is still holding back, so ssj2 being 20x ssj isn't too far fetched.

Next we have ssj3 and I actually have a pretty solid analysis for this one. I'm sure we know that self destruction in Dragon Ball makes your energy output much much stronger than your average. For this I'll use android 16 as an example. 16 is on the level of imperfect Cell, however his self destruction was said to be able to blow up Cell. Let's say that 16 is equal to ssj Vegeta at the time. If the self destruction can kill Cell, then that would make 16 10x stronger with self destruction. Vegeta with his self destruction was on the level of Majin Buu and ssj3 Goku could beat Buu if he went all out. If Goku's ssj3 is at least on par with Vegeta's final explosion, then that makes ssj3 at least 10x stronger than ssj2. Ssj3 should also be stronger than a super Kaio-Ken 20x because Goku trained and preferred to use ssj3 over the Kaio-Ken even though they both have the same risks.

This is just the beginning of stupidly large increases in power. I didn't even mention things like UI, fusion, the Kaio-Ken and legendary Broly, think of the possibilities and have fun.

its not that incosintent

ssj 1 is a 50x multiplier confirmed by the Daizenshuu and Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide

ssj grade 2 is unknow but like the man said it most likely 2 times

ssj dan san dankai aslo know as grade 3 is a 10 times multiplier but only for brute force confirmed by El Manga Legendario

full power :we dont know power scalers put it at x5 ssj

ssj2: x2 ssj1 full power confirmed by Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide

ssj3: 4 times ssj2 confirmed by Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide

ssj god and blue : no clue

so i dont see any incosistencies just facts or we dont know

Ssj2 Gohan vaporized Cell with half his power. If it was just 2x then Gohan at half power would be equivalent to normal ssj. There's also no way that grade 3 is superior to ssj2, let alone 3.

Gohan did not have half his ki, he only thought he did due to his injured arm.

Zamasu Chan said:
Ssj2 Gohan vaporized Cell with half his power. If it was just 2x then Gohan at half power would be equivalent to normal ssj. There's also no way that grade 3 is superior to ssj2, let alone 3.
I didn't Belive it eiether but grade Is 10x but only for brute stregth sure ir makes You strong but You can't move what good is stregth if you can bearly move also the transformation burns a lot of ki In other worrds makes you strong AF but it makes you slower then a turtle and waste stamina

Zamasu Chan said:
@Golden by that logic Trunks would be solar system level.
Not really I mean trunks is not as strong as cell with grade 2 Vegeta got humiliated Goku full power was not as strong as perfect cell and Goku 50% suprases Vegeta by a lot So even with the 10x of ssj Dan San dankia We know that super perfect cell multiped his power by 2 (ssj 2) So going by power scalling

Vegeta grade 2 Goku 50% at minimum has to be 2x So goku 100% is 4 times Vegeta

Cell is more powerful than goku so 8 times Vegeta

Super perfect cell would be a 16

Trunks is weaker then Vegeta even with ssj Dan San dankai he can't reach super perfect cell

None Taken i Wil try to explian better Trunks ssj grade 2 is inferior to Vegeta Goku ssj grade 4 at 50% is superior to Vegeta by a lot Goku ssj grade 4 at 100% is weaker then cell Super perfect cell is x2 perfect cell So even with a 10x multiplier by ssj Dan San dankia trunks is weaker then super perfect cell (ei the solar system buster)

@Zamasu

Goku told Gohan that he's been holding back. Gohan only thought he stood no chance against Cell due to his broken arm, but in truth he had plenty of power to spare as we later saw.

Sera EX said:
@Zamasu

Goku told Gohan that he's been holding back. Gohan only thought he stood no chance against Cell due to his broken arm, but in truth he had plenty of power to spare as we later saw.
It's true Gohan ssj 2 was stronger It make Sense since Gohan ssj 1 full Power could already beat perfect cell (said by the 2007 guide legend of the manga )

It does make Sense since Gohan in ssj full power is already stronger then perfect cell and ssj 2 has a. X2 multiplier That would still make ssj 2 Gohan the strongest of the 2 Since sure cell got a x2 boost but Gohan also has a x2 and was already stronger than perfect.cell so cell increasing x2 does not make him stronger than Gohan

You're missing the point. 2x is too small of a multiplier. Like Sera said, Gohan was holding back the entire time, and if he was using half his power then that means it'll be like ssj1 vs Cell. That itself proves that it's not only 2 times. There's also the fact that ssj2 is the true next level. It makes absolutely no sense for a lower grade to be weaker than ssj2 and 3. Why would ssj2 have better stamina and stamina than grade 3 but not strength? You also gotta remember perfect Cell in a power stressed form is still far weaker than a suppressed Gohan. Ssj2 being 20x ssj is not far fetched at all.

Cell getting vaporized has more to do with kamehameha boosting power tremendously of its own rather than SS2 being that big of a boost.

Zamasu Chan said:
You're missing the point. 2x is too small of a multiplier. Like Sera said, Gohan was holding back the entire time, and if he was using half his power then that means it'll be like ssj1 vs Cell. That itself proves that it's not only 2 times. There's also the fact that ssj2 is the true next level. It makes absolutely no sense for a lower grade to be weaker than ssj2 and 3. Why would ssj2 have better stamina and stamina than grade 3 but not strength? You also gotta remember perfect Cell in a power stressed form is still far weaker than a suppressed Gohan. Ssj2 being 20x ssj is not far fetched at all.
A 20 times. Mutiplier is far-fetched And like I said Gohan in ssj1 was already stronger then cell in ssj1 I don't know by how much but Even if Gohan was just 50% stronger than cell would be enough

Example with small numbers

Perfect cell is a 10 Gohan is a 15 Super perfect cell is 20 Gohan is 30 That power difference is enough in my opinion

Zamasu Chan said:
that is the same guide where i got the multiplier of ssj dan san dan kai ( i wonder why it did not spread to the english cominunty , ya que yo lo sabia desde 2016)

https://pm1.narvii.com/6279/c98c7220eef9d51169f7299e477547b44309f872_hq.jpg

"it says during the figth gohan realizes that he is stronger than cell and tries to convince him to stop figthing "

so that is why i say that x2 for ssj gohan makes sense since he by ssj1 full power is already stronger then cell

So the guy in the blog post made a pretty fair point. He said that Katopesla got 300x stronger and Vegeta had to go ssj to beat him. Putting grade 4 at 300x.

I think that once god ki came into the picture, multipliers became null and void.

Eh I don't know , if You áre refering to the god transformations then yes but the normal ones still have their mutipliers Also kioken is still very consistent

GoldenS81 said:
Eh i don't know if You áre refering to the god transformations then yes but the normal ones still have their mutipliers I see no reason why they would lose it Also kioken is still very consistent
Y also forgot to say I mean I vs where it's DBZ Goku I mean there the ssj 1 2 and 3 mutipliers do matter

Zamasu Chan said:
So the guy in the blog post made a pretty fair point. He said that Katopesla got 300x stronger and Vegeta had to go ssj to beat him. Putting grade 4 at 300x.
Nvm I forgot Vegeta was holding back.

Katopesla's battle mode gives him 300x strength. He says his ultimate mode gives him 300x strength and speed, so he only gets a speed increase. Why Vegeta had to transform when he was already fighting him at 300x is unknown, but it seems that multiplier only makes him comparable to Vegeta's base.

It could also be that because Vegeta may be able to keep up via speed against his battle mode, but such an advantage became null the moment he went Ultimate.

At this point we are just going against author intent. Credible sources approved by the creator give SS2 and SS3 mulitpliers. Honestly the people on this website think they know everything, and that their word is law when compared to the people who actually made the series. This is one of the reasons I don't trust this website. Also the fact they scale DBZ characters as only 4-B and think the anime is non canon. That too.

Ben Shapiro...?

Someone get him off this cite please? His name alone is evidence that he seeks cause more conflict than help with.

Guy doesn't even understand Death of the Author.

Really? Kicking me off the site because my username is someone you politcally disagree with? If that isn't pathetic I don't know what is. I shared my opnion, thats it. I'm sorry if my memey name doesn't align with your world view.

oMg itS BeN shApIrO, He dOesnT aGREe wITH mE pOlitaClLy sO ThAT MakeS HiM BAd!

I don't think Amexim meant it like that, it's just people with user names similiar to your username are usually trolls

What Dienomite said.

Though, someone who listens to Ben Shapiro unironically is already inherently questionable at best.

Back