• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading everyone's AP (Sonic IDW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalDread

Call me Dread
Username Only
VS Battles
Retired

Introduction​

Hello. So, yeah, Sonic IDW verse has some gruesome mistakes on its AP ratings, from misunderstanding to irrefutable mistakes in basic math, which I'm not sure how the CGMs missed, as it has been on there for several months, I believe.

Credits​

I would like to mention first that the credits for the concept of this idea and the person who saw the error in the calculations are for @GodlyCharmander

Let's address the feats one by one, shall we?​

First, the 8-A feat. Some noticeable mistakes at first glance. So, regarding the pixel scaling. I did it from scratch and got 380 Tons of TNT… That's a lot less, huh? Yes, I did use another panel to measure Sonic's arm width, getting 3.69 cm rather than 4.21 cm, but that difference does not justify the gap in results.

In fact,

(4.21/3.69)^3×1593302630×1000 is still just 565 Tons, still far from the whopping 830+ Tons in the original calculation.
Here's my version of the pixel scaling
Here's my version of the pixel scaling

The bottom of the lance is 6px, while the hole is 264px, an exact 44x ratio.

You can check the original calculation linked earlier, but, in Therefir's version, the bottom of the lance is 28.52 cm, while the hole is 14.88 m, an astonishing 52.17x ratio!

Mind you, me and Therefir used the exact same app, Image Meter, to measure it. I believe he might have made a measuring mistake on the lance, as it's very small. I made sure mine was near pixel-perfect and visible. Unfortunately, I can't check his, but the discrepancy is very clear evidence that the pixel scaling is incorrect.

— “So, the pixel scaling is incorrect? Okay, just correct it, and we're done with it, right?”​

Erroneous. That's the first problem. The second is the logic of the feat itself, it's incongruent and has apparent leaps in logic.

Look at this panel right here:
XYUZZfu.png

Does it look like the bottom of the lance is exactly aligned with its target, or does it look like it's flying further away, VERY far from its point of impact? Definitely the latter. Then why do we assume the bottom, this little dot, is in the exact same spot as the thing it just hit? This wanks the calculations significantly, mind you, as it appears smaller the further it gets. It doesn't work, we need a new way to measure the size of the hole.

— “We're done then?”​

Of course not, didn't you learn anything? One more thing. It's also assumed the lance pierced through a thick cylinder of steel…
WHY? The equipment is very clearly hollow.

NUNsSGD.png

Now we're done.

Conclusion for first feat

The 8-A+ feat should be re-pixel scaled, re-calculated, and likely downgraded to further down the Tier 8 range.
It's very cavernous, so I'd say High 8-C, but we can't know the size of the hole, so we should remove the feat for now.

• Second Feat – Misplaced value​

This is very unequivocal. LaserPrecision made a mistake when calculating the surface area.
He calculated Axis A and B to be 3.634 m, that's 3.6. And C at 4.922 meters, that's 4.9.
As shown:

ubHvqvP.png

But when inserting it into the calculator, he accidentally put 492.2 m, thus getting a Surface Area of 17000 m², which is nonsensical.

rVPWbOE.png

Here is the link to the calculator. But correcting the value, we get the underwhelming result of 206.30113386207m², a 98x offset!!
But proceeding normally with the correct result, for LS, we get:

Tensile strength yield ranges from 200 to 2100, giving us an average of 1150.
115010^6206.30113386207 = 2.37246304e11 Newtons or 24192390.266 Tons/force, or Class G

Oof.
For AP: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LaserPrecision/Silver_crushes_metal_owl_part_2

Displacement: 2.0408163265306122×65 = 132.653 (1.32653)

With that, we have what we need:

Work
W = Force x Displacement
W = 2.37246304e11 x 1.32653 = 75.21 Tons (8-B+)

Mega oof.

Conclusion for the second feat​

• 7-C ratings should be downgraded to 8-B+? Or the Low 7-C feat we have with Eggman.
  • 8-A+ ratings should be downgraded to the next best feat, which is Amy's 8-B+
I disagree with Robotinik's feat being in just one attack, y'all can figure this out.

Not much I can say on any front since numbers aren't my forte.

Probably best to notify the active members of whatever feats are being looked at, though.

Just saying even if these feats are bunk null did literally post mad calcs so no real downgrade

Definitely agree with this. Although I'm unsure when the Amy feat happened, so idk if scaling the early cast to it is appropriate?

I mean, even the best case scenarios are High 8-C and 6-C and Tier 5 wouldn't scale to the base cast
They have one Low 7-C and one 8-B+ feat according to OP, so they'd just scale to that

This thread needs CGMs first and foremost due to their expertise in math magic which will actually get the ball rolling, with supporters as a secondary priority since they may be helpless in matters regarding calcs but could be useful in the circumstances of figuring out which characters of the verse scale to what.

This thread needs CGMs first and foremost due to their expertise in math magic which will actually get the ball rolling, with supporters as a secondary priority since they may be helpless in matters regarding calcs but could be useful in the circumstances of figuring out which characters of the verse scale to what.
I've tried to contact one CGM on Sonic's general thread

I've tried to contact one CGM on Sonic's general thread
Executor, by chance? He's often pretty busy with other projects, though we'll see if he shows up. Therefir might be a better option in this scenario, as he's the one who did the 8-A+ feat which is being downgraded iirc. LaserPrecision might also be good to contact despite not being a CGM, as he's also tied to Silver's LS calc in OP.

Executor, by chance? He's often pretty busy with other projects, though we'll see if he shows up. Therefir might be a better option in this scenario, as he's the one who did the 8-A+ feat which is being downgraded iirc. LaserPrecision might also be good to contact despite not being a CGM, as he's also tied to Silver's LS calc in OP.
LaserPrecision was considered, but hasn't been on the wiki since September 10th. I don't know who Therefir is, could you contact him please?

Looking back at this feat I also thought the lance might be too far away to use it to measure the hole in the machine, so I agree with removing that feat all together.

Looking back at this feat I also thought the lance might be too far away to use it to measure the hole in the machine, so I agree with removing that feat all together.
Cool! Would you mind giving an input on the thread as a whole? It will happen things move faster, the OP will only have to contact supporters to figure out which characters scale to what.

Cool! Would you mind giving an input on the thread as a whole? It will happen things move faster, the OP will only have to contact supporters to figure out which characters scale to what.
Scaling them back to the 8-B+ should be fine.

Since I am not a verse supporter (I made it clear at the start, which credits this goes to)
@Dalesean027 Mind helping me with profiles?
Can't not right now I've got all my shit packed up since I'm moving out today apologies, I'll be moving out of state so it'll be quite a few hours until I get to my destination

On mobile rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back