• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy and The Titan in context

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Does the fact that Doomslayer defeated The Titan (likely with own hands and melee weapons) before he got his armor from the wretch change the context of his physical feats?

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/Artifacts

Slayer's Testament I

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, and those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Slayer.

Slayer's Testament III

And in his conquest against the blackened souls of the doomed, his prowess was shown. In his crusade, the seraphim bestowed upon him terrible power and speed, and with his might he crushed the obsidian pillars of the Blood Temples. He set forth without pity upon the beasts of the nine circles. Unbreakable, incorruptible, unyielding, the Doom Slayer sought to end the dominion of the dark realm.

Slayer's Testament IV

The age of his reckoning was uncounted. The scribes carved his name deep in the tablets of Hell across eons, and each battle etched terror in the hearts of the demons. They knew he would come, as he always had, as he always will, to feast on the blood of the wicked. For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting.

Slayer's Testament V

None could stand before the horde but the Doom Slayer. Despair spread before him like a plague, striking fear into the shadow-dwellers, driving them to deeper and darker pits. But from the depths of the abyss rose The Great One, a champion mightier than all who had come before. The Titan, of immeasurable power and ferocity. He strode upon the plain and faced the Doom Slayer, and a mighty battle was fought on the desolate plains. The Titan fought with the fury of the countless that had fallen at the Doom Slayer's hand, but there fell the Titan, and in his defeat the shadow horde were routed.

Slayer's Testament VI

And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to his evil cause. The wretch adorned the Doom Slayer in a mighty armor, wrought in the forges of Hell, impenetrable and unyielding. With sword and shield of adamantine strength, the Doom Slayer set to banishing all that were left unbroken by his savagery to the void.

During his time in hell, he really did use only his sword and bare hands.

https://youtu.be/ZjCANbxW8qc?t=1m39s

In the above scene, he is crouched, but Doomguy standing up would be at least 1/7 the height of the skull if the jaws still there. (Probably torn off by Doomguy, but that's headcanon at the moment). Some demons are humanoid for the most part and seem to be proportional in terms of head to height ratio. The head to height ratio for the average man is 8 heads to height.

In Quake III Arena, the Marine appears in three levels under the name "Doom". He is described as 6' (1.83 m) tall and weighing 180 lbs. (81 kg), according to the character description from the game.

Plugging in the numbers, this puts The Titan at least 102.48 m tall. That's much greater than the Spider Mastermind with who knows what abilities.

That sounds interesting to say the very least; it's further justification that Doom Slayer is in fact 7-C and possibly much higher among other things.

As for the Titan's size, that looks like it would scale to Doom Slayer's lifting strength being Class-M. 102.48/1.83 = 56 as times DG's height, 56^3 = 175,616 times DG's weight, 175,616*81 = 14,224,896 Kg = 14,225 metric tons = 14.225 kilotons = Class-M.

I've been wondering about this one for a while now. The numbers here definitely vibe with Doom Slayer's 7-C rating, too.

Might just be wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if we could get some KE calcs on the Titan from this. A being who weighs 14.225 KT should be capable of delivering some serious force with its physical attacks.

Well, I did the calculations, assuming the average arm of a human is 5.3% of the human body weight, 14.225 KT * 0.053 = 753.925 T. Kinetic Energy Calculator translates 1/2 (753,925 kg * (10,000 m/s)^2) = 37695974400000 joules or 9.010 kilotons. Still 7-C and seemingly less impressive than BFG, but DS and the Titan should both canonically be much stronger than the BFG 9000.

Edit: if the speed of his leg performing a kick was used, 9.010 kT / 5.3 * 17.5 = 29.75 KT, which is slightly above the BFG 9000's AP.

Huh. Well, at the very least, this should more than justify Doom Slayer's Town level rating even if we don't take scaling from the bosses/BFG into account. And the proof is there in the lore, what with him not even having his Praetor Armor until after defeating the Titan. (Naturally, he didn't have access to any of the UAC's weapons or tech at the time either. He doesn't even get his hands on the BFG until sometime after he meets Samuel Hayden in person)

We might be able to make a profile for the Titan based on this stuff as well, though its powers would most likely be limited to 'Superhuman Physical Characteristics' if we did.

Sadly, I don't either. But I believe the upper half of The Titan's skeleton exists at the beginning of the Titan's Realm level (I've seen the ribcage in different gameplay videos), and the Doom Wiki also happens to have this image right here.

Might be able to find screenshots of the Titan's Realm entrance somewhere, but I dunno.

Since we aren't getting much feedback and @Antvasima generally seems to trust us with Doom revisions, I suppose the additions can be made.

His tier won't really change; at least 7-C is still a good rating. His lifting strength on the other hand will probably be upgraded to Class-M.

Back