• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy 2016's Strength

I nabbed this nifty strength calc off of a doomguy respect thread and I was wondering if we should edit his class 20 status to higher with armor and or/ berserk power up considering he was naked and just awakened after being sealed for a long time.

>Doom guys strength can be calculated to an extent in the start of the 2016 game. Doom-Guy is strapped to a table and is bound with 1/2 inch iron shackles from a position of rest he flexes each arm and breaks the chains and is able to escape. using this equation for the breaking point of 1/2 inch iron chain...

area = diameter squared X .7854 = .5 X .5 X .7854 = .19635 .19635 X 40,000 = 7854 we get 7854 X 1.63 =12,802 lbs required to break the chain.

source: http://chestofbooks.com/crafts/meta...ers/292-Strength-Of-Chains.html#ixzz49XX7XW21

This feat alone without being strengthened by the suit puts him at a minimum of 6.5 tons for a bicep curl while lying down. For a low-balled strength total of at least 13 tons. When you consider the fact that he was laying down and the speed that he broke the chains it is fair to say his strength is around 9 tons per arm and for a total lifting strength of 18 tons.

Keep in mind this is without the suit and without any weapons or power ups. His strength is difficult to gauge with his suit as we are not provided the science behind the other objects he destroys.

Doom-Guy is also capable of carrying every weapon he comes across and ammo for each weapon.

18 tons would still be Class 25 (Not sure why its class 20+, Class 20 isnt a unit we use here). Its actually a lesser lifting feat than what is curretly on his profile...

I also found that the berserk power up increases Doomguy's strength ten times over giving us anywhere from a 180 to 200 tonner doomguy for a short time which is a crazy difference.

note: I need to rediscover the evidence for the berserk increase.

This is a heavily debatable source since it is the actual game code that shows your berserk mode punches do 10 times the damage they normally would.

Code:
void A_Punch ( player_t* player, pspdef_t* psp ) { angle_t angle; int damage; int slope; damage = (P_Random ()%10+1)<<1; if (player->powers[pw_strength]) damage *= 10; angle = player->mo->angle; angle += (P_Random()-P_Random())<<18; slope = P_AimLineAttack (player->mo, angle, MELEERANGE); P_LineAttack (player->mo, angle, MELEERANGE, slope, damage); // turn to face target if (linetarget) { S_StartSound (player->mo, sfx_punch); player->mo->angle = R_PointToAngle2 (player->mo->x, player->mo->y, linetarget->x, linetarget->y); } }

This should be ok, the game descripton does state that his strength is increased tenfold, but i'd like to get input from other members first

Seems fair. Doomguy practically one shots most/if not all enemies with the Berserk power-up activated. I'm not sure where I remember this from but I remember something about an Angel giving Doomguy his superhuman strength, stamina and abilities.

We should also add something to his stamina about being capable of carrying all of his equipment/ammo at once.

Interesting formula, however, is the calc from above using the 1/2 inch of thickness? and what kind of chain is that? welp, last question could be difficult to aswer...

Antoniofer said:
Interesting formula, however, is the calc from above using the 1/2 inch of thickness? and what kind of chain is that? welp, last question could be difficult to aswer...
Meh, even without the calc above increasing the strength on his profile tenfold is still Class K

the calc is for half inch iron, although the chain could also be steel. the first calc is fairly irrelevant and i only gave it to give reasoning for his class 25 strength besides using the size of a cyberdemon.

Does the Argent energy boost his stats as well?

Welp, if any, using the thickness from above and a chain grade 80, the resulting force is over 200k Newtons, force enough to break 50 femur.

I haven't watch the scene, so can't tell, depend of the effort used to break them; I would need to take a look at those chains too, not sure if those chains are grade 80, but with 1/2 of diameter, that isn't unrealistic.

mmm... doesn't seems to be that wide does chains, it was stated that those chains are that wide?

A 4chan comment doesn't sound enough serious, at least not that one. Anyway, even using the weakest chain with a wide of 1/2 inch, the minimun force is 17 ksi; however, something to make note: this is more related to striking strength than lifting strength, he didn't lift, he broke.

well to be fair he pulled which would affect both striking and lifting, no?

Edit: the 4chan post is only for context and the magic runes on everything.

Maybe related to LS, but not directly, is needed at least 17 ksi to destroy the weakest link of the chain, the max weight that the link can support, the equivalent of a mass of 7.7 tonnes. However, that doesn't means that Doom guy can lift 7.7 tonnes. For example, boxxers can generate 770 lbs of force with one punch, but that doesn't means that they can lift 350 kg

well he pulled up. he didn't punch forward. the strength needed to do what he did while lifting up is his lifting strength.

Back