• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM - Maykr Flight/Combat Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Universe being comparable in size to Hell, which is infinite in size. The Makyrs can traverse it all, as per OP's sources.
Heyo, that's a no.

The universe being stated and accepted to be infinite, and is a part of creation, therefore winged Seraphs should have the capability to traverse it.

What was the quote?
It's the first quote in the OP about how they "winged" through creation before the Father stripped them of their wings, where they lost their ability to traverse creation. Which is made up of at least 7 different universes, as dimension 7 is the home universe of the Doom Slayer, has a space-time, and is infinite in size. There's also Urdak, which is the 6th dimension.

They are strictly separate dimensions that you need some kind of portal to travel to get between in the current day in-canon. But this is saying the Seraphs could travel through them with their wings.

The universe was accepted as infinite in size in a CRT by Gewzbumps dude. The "comparable to Hell" stuff isn't accurate at all because Hell isn't just another dimension, and hasn't been since it was Jekkad.

Which is made up of at least 7 different universes, as dimension 7 is the home universe of the Doom Slayer, has a space-time, and is infinite in size. There's also Urdak, which is the 6th dimension.
The issue is that it's just not explicit. Winged through creation could still only refer to one space. It's why I was asking if they had a statement about traveling from one realm to another.

They're referred to as different realms/dimensions. That's why they're numbered dimensions you need dimensional travel via porrals to move through. It's plenty explicit.

Jekkad was the first dimension, Urdak is called the 6th Dimension, Urdak is stated to be beyond the bounds of the universe all point to the individual dimensions being separate. And the home universe has a space-time.

If it were all the same dimension, then the Icon of Sin wouldn't make any sense. The Icon was in the home universe, and was destabilizing reality, and would've created a black hole that was stated by Samur Maykr to be already starting to destroy the space-time, and would've destroyed it entirely and sucked it all into Hell.

If it was all just 1 big space with different places inside of it, none of this would make sense.

They're referred to as different realms/dimensions.
From your response I'm guessing there's nothing more explicit than just winged through creation.

I guess if you all want to go with infinite or Immeasurable, sure I can't really stop you. But its a pretty flimsy reasoning for such tremendously large speed upgrade in my view, even if it was just a possibly or likely rating rather than a solid one.

Didn't it like specifically say winged through "all" creation, implying the infinite number of universes and not just a single one?

Anyway, crossing dimensional barriers into other universes is actually not Immeasurable speed evidence and I'm pretty sure DontTalkDT would be shaking his head to that based on what he said in previous threads. And it would require dimensional travel however, but it is still traveling through an infinite number of spatial positions within a finite amount of time.

So I would stick to Infinite speed.

I'm happy with Infinite speed then

If I haven't already said so multiple times

Didn't it like specifically say winged through "all" creation, implying the infinite number of universes and not just a single one?

Anyway, crossing dimensional barriers into other universes is actually not Immeasurable speed evidence and I'm pretty sure DontTalkDT would be shaking his head to that based on what he said in previous threads. And it would require dimensional travel however, but it is still traveling through an infinite number of spatial positions within a finite amount of time.

So I would stick to Infinite speed.
No, it's just winged through creation. I don't think that specific wording would be necessary anyway, as flying through creation implies they can traverse the entirety of creation anyway.

If someone says you can fly through the Solar System, you don't assume they can only fly to the moon just because it doesn't specify you can fly through the entirety of the Solar System.

I still believe Infinite is a safe, solid minimum for this. Hell, I can even see an argument for a possibly, but not because of the scale of travel. Because of the form of the Seraphs that had wings vs transfigured seraphs with wings. I could genuinely see that, but not the scale of the travel.

Hell, I can even see an argument for a possibly, but not because of the scale of travel. Because of the form of the Seraphs that had wings vs transfigured seraphs with wings. I could genuinely see that, but not the scale of the travel.
If its infinite it wouldn't be travel speed. But I still don't think on its own its the best for just infinite.

But that's my two cents on the subject.

Okay. After continued discussion, we have the following staff/knowledgeable member tally for infinite speed scaling:

Agree: 5

Neutral/Disagree: 1

It seems that we have reached a general verdict.

On another note, due to the relation between Infinite Travel Speed and Reaction Speed, shall I revise the profiles above again to the general Infinite Speed rating respectively?

If its infinite it wouldn't be travel speed. But I still don't think on its own its the best for just infinite.

But that's my two cents on the subject.
...? It... has to be travel speed? Because they're travelling with it? You can most definitely have infinite travelling speed. That doesn't even make sense.

Okay. After continued discussion, we have the following staff/knowledgeable member tally for infinite speed scaling:

Agree: 5

Neutral/Disagree: 1

It seems that we have reached a general verdict.

On another note, due to the relation between Infinite Travel Speed and Reaction Speed, shall I revise the profiles above again to the general Infinite Speed rating respectively?
Ye. It JUST being reaction speed is kind of silly since you can't travel with your reactions lmfao

... has to be travel speed
Travel speed means the rating doesn't scale to combat, reaction or perception speed. It would only apply to long distance speed.

So unless you're saying they can fly infinitely fast but can't react that fast, it's not travel speed.

What? Travel Speed when it comes to stuff like flying extremely large distances like that just doesn't scale to those other speeds by default. It can scale. That's the whole point of the travel speed standards.

You still call it Travel Speed even if you have reason to believe they can fight at those speeds as well.

Last edited:
If it does scale, it's no longer travel speed. The point of travel speed is to suggest different levels of speed that don't scale to each other.
Then what is it? The speed page doesn't say that. The speed page says that in a specific scenario it doesn't scale to the other speeds without a reason.

"Regarding Travel/Flight Feats and Reactions​

If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions."

Notice how it says also reaction speed, implying it would still be Travel Speed, just with something else as well? Let's also not forget the definitions of Travel Speed or Flight Speed don't say that.

Again, we don't make that distinction for Infinite Speed and above. Infinity divided by anything is still infinity. To make turns at infinite speed your reactions have to be able to cope with that speed or else you'd be ploughing through an infinite number of planets and stars and cause catastrophic damage, whereas with finite speeds, you don't, because you can make plans ahead of schedule to outmaneuver them all without needing that insane of a reaction time.

Then what is it?
Just general speed for Infinite or higher. Look at the text you quoted

the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed.

In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed
Travel speed for non-infinite explicitly does not scale to reaction or combat speed without evidence.

If someone has MFTL+ travel speed they can have Subsonic combat speed for example. It's treated as a completely different speed statistic.

It's not "general speed" just for Infinite or higher. It would be "general speed" for any scenario where the travel speed doesn't differ from every other speed. But you could still say travel speed.

It just so happens that having Infinite speed is a scenario where the speed wouldn't differ.

where the travel speed doesn't differ from every other speed.
The sole reason why this feat wouldn't just be travel speed is because its possibly infinite. In any other circumstance it doesn't scale to general speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back