• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared General Discussion Thread (Spoiler warning)

"In 2020, it was announced that Don't Hug Me I'm Scared will be airing on Channel 4 as a television series. It began streaming on All 4 on 23 September 2022, coming to Channel 4 on 30 September."

I did see a general discussion thread for this series.... But it hasn't been active in several years. So let's discuss it here.

The series is new, so be mindful of spoilers, please, folks.

Last edited:
Creating any profiles would be based on nothing but speculative headcanon ATM.

Like, you could theoretically argue higher-dimensional shit with the house's layers and a few teachers and their wacky world they live in seemingly being controlled by a woman who has "backups" of them.

Creating any profiles would be based on nothing but speculative headcanon ATM.

Like, you could theoretically argue higher-dimensional shit with the house's layers and a few teachers and their wacky world they live in seemingly being controlled by a woman who has "backups" of them.
Eh, arguably.
The briefcase has hax considering he put them in a job & despite barely any time seeming to pass for Duck, yet they end up aged 40 years, & all brainwashed as if they believed it.
The main cast are might be 9-C with weaponry, considering they've seemingly fought & harmed one another.
Duck can also seemingly operate & function without his heart inside him, & had smoke emit from his finger instead of bleeding, IIRC.
Roy might be 9-C for being implied to have killed that whole family.
There's whatever Worm did with seemingly stopping "time"/"playback"(?) yet characters seemingly being aware of it & rewinding it (With minor differences between what happened & what's shown in the rewind.) & the whole going into the brain & interacting with beings are something.
The transport teacher sort of has a feat for seemingly causing an earthquake, or at least, for the house to shake with his arrival.
Lesley does seem like a limited capacity reality warper, yes. I have no idea how you'd argue higher-dimensional stuff, though the fact that you can't go too far from the house before things become like the real world again.
Yellow seeing his smart version's reflection in episode 5, & earlier on, describing the layout of the house implies he at least has memory that persist through the resets. Unsure if there's evidence for the other characters.
Yellow has that weird thing about the effects of giving him good batteries.

Even if you think it lacks VSBW potential, I'm interested in just discussing the series in general.

Also, considering it released within the last, what, day or 2, in retrospect, perhaps I should put spoiler warning in this thread?

Yeah, probably. I agree the verse definitely has hax and do have some feats and a weird physiology, but there's also the fact that in a grand scheme it's fictional characters who are a bit aware they're in a tv show and with tons of meta stuff like humans in suits moving the characters and being inside them for their costumes.

It's a bit weird to tackle.

Yeah, probably. I agree the verse definitely has hax and do have some feats and a weird physiology, but there's also the fact that in a grand scheme it's fictional characters who are a bit aware they're in a tv show and with tons of meta stuff like humans in suits moving the characters and being inside them for their costumes.
Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand your point(s)?

The characters are fictional. The series is meta. It acknowledges these are simply characters and puppets played by actors, as we can see from the og series and even still in this one where you can see the actor behind red guy taking off his costume and the set people fixing the other characters and the fact there's people in suits that move the puppets as seen directly by Yellow Guy.

I'm not sure how we can tackle this verse in terms of the profiles getting made or anything.

Also, the higher dimensional shit is more so based on the fact Leslie seemingly transcends the narrative, seeing the characters as clearly fictional and having their entire environment be a mere playhouse set for her, and Yellow Guy ascending the steps to achieve higher knowledge and awareness means he temporally broke free of the confines of the narrative. I'm not saying it's fact or anything though, and Leslie or the show or something seemed to have known he would eventually do this and it was all scripted anyways as seen from the pictures. And this all is without acknowledging that there are another pair of steps leading to somewhere else that Yellow Guy didn't see even beyond Leslie's place.

Well, if part of the narrative is that they canonically are part of a puppet show, then so be it?

I'd say that's one interpretation for the stuff about Lesley (Going off license plate spelling.),
His ascension up the stairs to higher floors was achieved through intelligence, rather than power. & what of him seemingly remembering the structure in episode 5?

If the issue is mainly just the characters not having feats, that would more than certainly disqualify a lot of characters. But I think there are some things we could note about the main three:

All three of them would scale to each other physically- they had a rather violent fight during the end credits of Episode 4 that made it sound like they were relatively on even ground.

Red Guy had an enormous amount of blood drained from him in Episode 3 and recovered like a champ. Appears to be the most rational of the group, possessing knowledge of how to drive. In Episode 5, he tore a GPS from the car and then moments later lifted someone implied to be Yellow Guy's dad and tossed him out the car window. He also drove the car straight through the wall of the house, which wouldn't necessarily be a feat for him specifically but there is potential to have the car as a specific key since we often list vehicles as weaponry.

Duck Guy in Episode 2 was lying in a small, tight coffin for half a day and didn't get fatigued. Implied that the Duck Guy we follow from this point forward is actually Stain Edwards, the Forever Boy, so if we made a profile for Duck we'd probably need an additional key just to note Stain's specific abilities. He accidentally pulled on the phone in Episode 1 so hard he pulled the fax machine it was attached to right off alongside a piece of wood.

Yellow Guy has the least number of specific feats of his own but still has some to note- in the odd time-dilated reality, he got his hand gorily cut off his body and remained conscious, though most likely would've eventually bled out if the briefcase hadn't come back and brought them to reality. Shown that if he gets his batteries replaced with fresh ones his intelligence is raised significantly, not just becoming more rational-thinking but seeing past the boundaries of the universe.

Another feat or 2 for Yellow Guy I noticed. I think.
During the on the road song, he falls out of the car window while the car is in motion, tumbling backwards along the road. Very soon after, he's shown, seemingly running behind the car.
So he survives falling onto a road from a car in motion (Albeit, tumbling may have reduced the damage.) & can quickly catch back up to the car after. Though IDK how fast it was going nor if they slowed down for him.

Last edited:
Hm, I forgot to add one more thing for Duck Guy:
The Duck Guy who kills the other Duck Guy, who is most likely Stain, effortlessly cleaves the other one's head with a shovel, which seems like a pretty good feat of strength... especially since most shovels aren't nearly that sharp.

So, what do you all think of the TV series so far? In any way? In general, as a Versus Debater, personally?

In general, I really like a few of the new songs, even if all of them are not good.
The shift in favor of comedy is also nice for me. I don't like gross-out stuff. It seems to be because the longer episode format means you can't just fill episodes with shock content.
As a Versus Debater, I like how weird yet simple the characters seemingly are, & think gathering info on them would be interesting.

Duck in the shorts seemed more thoughtful observant. Here he seems selfish & less considerate. Hilarious. I'd dare compare him to Daffy duck.
Red Guy expresses more emotion than before, but I feel his characterization is different in another way, but I'm not sure how to articulate that at the moment.
Yellow seems the same, just more characterized.

Also, their intelligence seems to fluctuate wildly. At times, they seem to be unfamiliar with simple concepts, IIRC, or struggle with stuff like operating a simple computer, other times they seem to understand stuff relatively fine.

I'm kinda disappointed that the writers decided to antagonize us by just presenting what seems to be a lore book & then ensuring it is both not once opened & then promptly shredded.
But on the other hand, Smart Yellow Guy made a "spatial distribution puzzle" with the symbols on the book's cover before he even saw it, & I've seen info posted online showing how those symbols show up in the series in ways that might give info, so those may be worth looking into.

I like Electracey's voice; I really enjoy Electracey's delivery in some lines. I disagree on the fan interpretation that Electracey isn't a bad teacher, but Electracey is a better teacher than many of the others.

What about everyone else of you all?

I was reading TV Tropes & apparently Yellow Guy lifted a tree once?

Also, Duck Guy in his song, 1 of his "family members" who are identical to him flips the family's dining table with food on it. But it might've been imaginary.

Oh yeah, surprised that Yellow Guy lifting a tree hasn't come up before.

From what we've discussed I think the main three at least deserve their own profiles.

Oh yeah, surprised that Yellow Guy lifting a tree hasn't come up before.

From what we've discussed I think the main three at least deserve their own profiles.
Bizarrely, 1 of them DOES:

There's some content to salvage from it. He's the only character in the 'verse, & the link to the 'verse page is a link to DHMIS's Youtube Channel.

Still, some of the justifications & statistics may be worth considering.

Loving the 2022 show so far made it up to Episode 5, Wonder if there will be Season 2 ?
Unknown. But it'll probably need lots of support (Financially especially.) to make that happen. Buy the merch.

& it'll probably take a while. Multimedia, with puppets, 2D, 3D & Claymation animation can't be easy, I imagine.

Thing is I don't know how popular this show will remain cause every time it's the same gimmick,
Puppets learns life lessons (which is good but) it's gonna get very one dimensional very fast it feels like it's missing something.

Last edited:
Thing is I song know how popular this show will remain cause every time it's the same gimmick,
Puppets learns life lessons (which is good but) it's gonna get very one dimensional very fast it feels like it's missing something.
By the way, have you seen episode 6 of the TV Series yet?

Loved Episode 6,
There's a lot they can so with the show moving forward if it gets another season I'd like to see more of a plot and Storyline regarding to the book we saw in the finale.

HUGE Bump

So I feel like we have a LOT to talk about in terms of power scaling and creating profiles for more DHMIS characters. Because Red Guy is the only character we’ve got in terms of DHMIS characters on the wiki and his profile…. isn’t the greatest and definitely could be better.

The characters who should definitely have profiles are: Tony the Talking Clock, The Healthy Food Gang, Colin The Computer, The Lamp, Electricity robot (idk remember her name), Warren The Eagle, probably Roy, and of course Bird and Yellow Guy. Those were the main ones with notable feats or abilities I could see although I could see the argument for other characters getting profiles.

Also would love to talk about the series in general because I just watched the new TV series recently and really liked it.

Bump

Had a few days to sit on the series after watching it and overall it was really good! Would love to hear some opinions on everyone’s fav episode or teacher type character!

Anyway let’s get into VS debating talk lol. So there’s definitely a bunch to dive into concerning DHMIS and from a VSBW stand point, this is going to be incredibly difficult and interesting to try and scale, as in it of itself DHMIS is extremely meta and vague at some points. So it’s hard to make an argument for a versus battle perspective without it being “that’s head canon or hypothetical” (mainly when it comes to ep 5+6 with the debatable higher dimensional stuff and the machine that Red use at the end of the web series) However I feel like it’ll be extremely interesting and fun to talk about regardless. So why not?

So I’m going to come in and take a shot at proposing two OP abilities here for our 3 main characters (+possibly the entire cast?) (it’s honestly going to get disputed against but whatever, it’s part of the fun)

Time stamps are 22:39 for first vid and 19:29 for the second. At least Yellow Guy, Duck, and Red Guy should possibly have Fate Manipulation and Immortality (Type 8) (Via Lesley. Lesley states “Journeys made, and lessons learned, you may feel like you are alone. But no matter how much the wheels turn...the journey always ends up back at home.” implying that they will always end up back at the house regardless of what actions they take to escape or get taken away from it. Lesley keeps “backups” of each character and will replace them when damaged or needed)

Possible big feat for Yellow Guy, at 3:50 he casually takes an electrocution from an electric chair. This thread claims the initial discharge from an electric chair is 9-B, I’m not knowledgeable enough to say if this holds truth but I will say we could potentially have a wall level feat for DHMIS as the other 2 have harmed Yellow. Also this has already been discussed but in the original web series, Yellow Guy holds one half of a tree over his head in ep 2.

Won’t propose or talk about anything else now since it’s literally 2 am and feel like dropping fate manip and type 8 immortality as well as potential wall level DHMIS is enough lol. Anyway thoughts to whoever is interested?

Bump

Had a few days to sit on the series after watching it and overall it was really good! Would love to hear some opinions on everyone’s fav episode or teacher type character!

Anyway let’s get into VS debating talk lol. So there’s definitely a bunch to dive into concerning DHMIS and from a VSBW stand point, this is going to be incredibly difficult and interesting to try and scale, as in it of itself DHMIS is extremely meta and vague at some points. So it’s hard to make an argument for a versus battle perspective without it being “that’s head canon or hypothetical” (mainly when it comes to ep 5+6 with the debatable higher dimensional stuff and the machine that Red use at the end of the web series) However I feel like it’ll be extremely interesting and fun to talk about regardless. So why not?

So I’m going to come in and take a shot at proposing two OP abilities here for our 3 main characters (+possibly the entire cast?) (it’s honestly going to get disputed against but whatever, it’s part of the fun)

Time stamps are 22:39 for first vid and 19:29 for the second. At least Yellow Guy, Duck, and Red Guy should possibly have Fate Manipulation and Immortality (Type 8) (Via Lesley. Lesley states “Journeys made, and lessons learned, you may feel like you are alone. But no matter how much the wheels turn...the journey always ends up back at home.” implying that they will always end up back at the house regardless of what actions they take to escape or get taken away from it. Lesley keeps “backups” of each character and will replace them when damaged or needed)

Possible big feat for Yellow Guy, at 3:50 he casually takes an electrocution from an electric chair. This thread claims the initial discharge from an electric chair is 9-B, I’m not knowledgeable enough to say if this holds truth but I will say we could potentially have a wall level feat for DHMIS as the other 2 have harmed Yellow. Also this has already been discussed but in the original web series, Yellow Guy holds one half of a tree over his head in ep 2.

Won’t propose or talk about anything else now since it’s literally 2 am and feel like dropping fate manip and type 8 immortality as well as potential wall level DHMIS is enough lol. Anyway thoughts to whoever is interested?

Looking for more abilities + feats, would love any help for anyone as well willing to create profiles and such. Would make a CRT for some of this stuff when I gather everything I can find but would love opinions before I would do something like.

Also I’m not very knowledgeable on higher dimensional stuff and would love some feedback concerning what happens in ep 6 and how we could implement it to VSBW

Glad there is some interest for this.

Given that we have a profile of characters who are almost human level except for one special ability or feat, I feel like the puppets who can cleave heads off and lift trees could qualify.

Thanks to this thread popping up I can now go back and experience endless nostalgia about this series.

Can we really make profiles for this stuff? That's epic

Man the Clock guy would be kind of broken with a profile.

Arguments for Time Travel, Time Manipulation, Age Manipulation via Time Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, maybe some other stuff

Man the Clock guy would be kind of broken with a profile.

Arguments for Time Travel, Time Manipulation, Age Manipulation via Time Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, maybe some other stuff
I mean, he's OP in his universe, but he's likely not that impressive against other time-based characters.

Back