• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Donkey Kong (Character) revision: Possible Composite Key

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Good day, everyone. Dino Ranger Black here. First of all, I like to say congratulations for our lovely couple moving to Tokyo, Sera and Venom, and Ryu's promotion. I wish the best for all of them. Now, on to the main topic. It's about the Mario franchise's recurring ape, Donkey Kong, who happens to have his own series of games. Due to the expansive nature of the universe, Donkey Kong should have an additional key included in his page. The main reason is due to the fact he actually faced Mario in the first game of the Mario and Donkey Kong puzzle series, Mario vs Donkey Kong, where the characters are fighting each other over mutiple terrians due to DK commiting theft over the Mini Mario toys. I initially ignored it at first but then I acknowledged that Donkey Kong is pretty much the only boss Mario faces in the entire game. This means the characters fought each other prominently enough to justify being scaled from each other, with Donkey utilizing actual full blown punches should the plumber get to close to him and Mario unleashing a deal of punishment upon him, even on his giant robot he pilots. Here are the all the boss fights in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9UdQumVXQ

With that being said, I believe we should provide a composite key for Donkey Kong, scaling him off from Mario (Who is currently Large Star level, likely Multi Solar System level with Sub Relativistic combat speeds) due to frequently battling him, not to mention he's potrayed to be physically stronger than Mario, who already has strength feats of his own. His ultilization of using a battle robot in the final battle is also worth noting for his intelligence. I should note that two keys were provided for another recurring character in the franchise Wario, one for his series and another is composite for his overall apperances in the series due to the fact he engaged in actual combat with Mario and Bowser in Super Mario Land 2 and Super Mario 64 DS, respectively.

This last annoucement is rather irrelevant but I'm invited to an Anime Con in Illinois by my brother. I was initially hesistant to go but sincewe are going to leave each other again rather soon, I accepted the offer. I'm going to be gone in a few days, starting by tomorrow around 12 PM, I'm shoving off, so I hope we can reach a conclusion to this topic before then. Not that I hope to rush anybody, mind you.

@Matthew

Technically, it's not a "canon" DK. Just a seperate stats focused on the DKC games since it's a franchise of it's own. It just happens to takes place within the same verse.

I think that a separate key should probably be okay.

I agree with a composite key, considering Wario has one too.

I recieved less feedback than I thought. Well, since people are ok with it, I might as well include the new key before I leave.....

That should be fine, yes.

I also hope that you do not mean leave the wiki in general.

@Antvasima.

He said he's going to an Anime Con in a few days. Thankfully, I don't believe he means leaving forever.

Anyway. I'm okay with a Mario Bros/Composite Donkey Kong key.

Okay. That is good. Given the various important contributors leaving or intending to leave the wiki lately, I was worried that he intended to do the same thing.

1. That's not how composites work. DK has not fought Mario fair and square since Galaxy, so he doesn't scale. Even if he did, it would be incredibly iffy due to how inconsistent power levels in the Mario universe can be; Kirby this franchise is not.

2. Wario doesn't fight Mario nor Bowser in SM64DS. Only Mario is let into the Bowser levels, and apart from the non-canon multiplayer mode, if you're playing as Mario then Wario's not on the screen, and vice versa.

@Warrior Ware, actually, Wario has fought Mario in Super Mario Land 2 and was considered physically surperior to Mario. And Dino Ranger Black has mentioned numourous times that technically all Mario Spinoffs are canon since all the Mario characters are actually actors. Donkey Kong was also consistently shown to be physically surperior to Mario, so he gets a composite key as well.

@WarriorWare

Basically, what DarkDragon said. And I already made a thread about a consistent set of feats that's been happening throughout the entire franchise. It's here if you wish to revise it.

@Ant

I'm back. Sorry for worrying you Ant. I wasn't leaving, just going to be inactive for awhile. I didn't edit te profile before I left. I'll proceed in editing the profile.....

Back