• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Domestic Cat vs Virginia Opossum

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, I felt like this could be debated here. Cats and opossums often have encounters with each other on Youtube videos, but what if those things actually fought? Well, that's what I intend to find out here. For this match, both the cat and the opossum will be bloodlusted. Also, speed shall be equalized. That aside, these are the profiles you'll be looking at.:

Domestic Cat's Profile

Opossum's Profile

Who takes this?

Opossum
Domestic Cat
Why

Cat: 7 (GreyFang82, Joaco0902, GlaceonGamez471, Armorchompy, Volt12121, Stalker Maggot, MetalGearRaiden)
Possum: 0

Inconclusive: 0

So uh... Speed Equalized takes the Cat's main advantage away and a Bloodlusted Opossum is far more likely to goes for bites which can do pretty good damage.

This really depends on what kind of cat we are using here, for example if we are using a cat that is able to tackle small children I think the Cat can outlast the Opossum and just tackle and attack it into submission and takes it pretty handily.

Otherwise, it's pretty close with the cat having better Durability showings than Opossums due to tanking attacks from humans pretty comfortably but the Oppossum's sharp teeth dealing good damage, though Cats have better range thanks to relaying on claws and not bites. My only thing is that cats do go for the eyes when both fighting each other and other animals, and since it is bloodlusted and very smart for an animal, I think the Cat Blinds the Opossum thanks to range and then just bullies the Opossum into submission.

I spend too much time thinking of how real life animal fights would go down, and having spent my life around stray cats, I know how crafty and durable these creatures are.

Also I 100% imagine this fight starting due to the two of them finding a half eaten cheeseburger with both wanting it.

Cat FRA. Though I think equalizing speed in real life matches such as this is... kinda dumb yknow

Back