• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doki Doki Literature Club Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a lot of the profiles and they make little sense to me. Most of Monika's abilities are apart of manipulating the files of the game itself and wouldn't be possible without data manipulation and affecting the DDLC game. Secondly, why is she universal+/multi-universal for, "erasing" save files? There's little to no proof they're actual timelines and not just a simple game mechanic and mostly assuming they're just that. If that's the case should every save file in a video game be considered a timeline? Characters should be 10-B with data manipulation, nothing more.

Then should most Tier 2s be 10-B with Reality Warping, since apparently such abilities aren't AP now?

Timeline thing was discussed before. The whole game runs on metafiction, calling this "game mechanics" makes no sense within the context of the verse.

That is not anything close to what I said. Most of her abilities run off data manipulation, ex. deleting the files characters.

Link to this discussion please, and why would it being metafiction be proof that save files are timelines?

And why does this matter regarding her tiering?

Savefiles pretty much acts as timelines, being alternate copies of the evens of the game. Being metafiction means that no, they aren't "game mechanics"

This post is wrong for the conceptual reasons that are in the state of above by comparison to mine.

The former of my post is more so about a powers and abilities revision. She can not erase someone's existence without deleting a character's file, which is apart of her data manipulation.

I look back on it and mistake the 10-B, just low 2-C since she did destroy the game. Based on? You still have to click to progress, which in itself is a game mechanic.

>Saving is required for the good ending

>Saving is mentioned in the Good Ending

>Monika disables saves entirely

>Just Gameplay Mechanics

I also agree with Saikou. Monika does delete everything. However, I am...unsure about saves being timelines rather than a point to reset to

Ok I'll concede to saving being a game mechanic. I didn't know it was referenced in the story. But the ability point still stands?

Lumping all of her powers under "Data Manipulation" wouldn't change anything in what she can do in a VS Fight and will just end up confusing the hell out of everyone rather than doing anything positive.

I think that Saikou makes sense.

Saves being timelines in this case seems super sketchy with lack of anything actually referring to timelines.

Still tier 2 metafiction, though.

Saves are timelines and there is no other possible explanation. Because timelines can exist for contradictory events simultaneously. Which is pretty much the textbook definition of timelines. You can save after accepting Sayori's confession and then after rejecting it and both actions result in slightly different outcomes.

I agree with the guys above and disagree with the downgrades. Seriously, how many times are people going to try to downgrade Monika?

MatPat did a video on it, so did Pewds. That means it's the UT hot game of the month. When people will stop flooding in the threads will stop.

So, should we close this thread?

Theres still the proposal for adding in a real life key for her as the game AI in the last thread

Crzer07 said:
Theres still the proposal for adding in a real life key for her as the game AI in the last thread
That makes no sense because no matter how much some people want to claim she is an AI like Giffany, she isn't. There are multiple instances that contradict this. For example when the mask falls off completely she tells you about her escapades with the club girls, meaning she actually lived in the world of the game, had a past and is as real as our world is to us. Also how before warping to the space room she took one of Natsuki cupcakes and stated she had to do it becuase it is the last time she would be able to eat one and her cupcakes are the best. This means she can actually eat the game food and it has a taste to her, which is odd because Natsuki's cupcakes have zero art or even coding (no values or variables assigned to them at all). All of this only makes sense if she actually exists in the Doki Doki world and is a real world where she lives.

I wouldn't say that the Doki Doki world actually exists IRL, just that it's an incredibly complex virtual world.

Regardless, like I said, a 11-A key for Monika isn't needed, much like a 11-A key for most metafiction isn't needed. I only did so for White Face due to how WF is strictly seen as an AI.

I still think that it seems like a good idea to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back