• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Genjutsu work on those without chakra

Normally? No, but the standard battle assumptions equalize Chakra to the energies found in other verses.

like i said, telepathy, in some storys telepathy works on animals too, and naruto-animals, basically all living beings in naruto, even nature itself has energy, and genjutsu is the ability to manipulate other chakra with your own... so i guess via verse equal it will simply be telepathy :)

Well what about the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Kaguya used it on people before they ever had Chakra or even a moon. That genjutsu at least should count even without verse equalization

IIRC this has been discussed many times. Yes, because of Verse Equalization.

It has worked on characters without chakra, but i don't think this site takes that at face value.

The people have energy even if it isn't chakara they can (the person that did the Genjutsu) still manipulate it with theirs but that only in the naruto verse

FictionalBlade101 said:
Well what about the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Kaguya used it on people before they ever had Chakra or even a moon. That genjutsu at least should count even without verse equalizatio
since genjutsu is said assumed to work via verse equal than inf-tsuk will work too,

and im still a bit doubtful about the IT mechanisms, but it doesnt matter, genjutsu = telepathy and inf-tsuk= very strong telepathy :)

No.

Without verse equalization, genjutsu doesn't affect people without chakra network. Only the Infinite Tsukuyomi avoids that requirement.

Yea but IT isnt just a pure regular genjutsu, Zetsu even explains this and he's basically a will of Kaguya so its almost as if she's explaining it in a way

Aparently there are at least 3 ways of casting IT.

1) Through the flower/tree thing. (Obito's plan)

2) Thorugh the moon via reflection. (Madara's way)

3) Without the tree or the moon (Kaguya literally cast Infinite Tsukuyomi on a planetary range without the tree or the moon)<<<<<<<<ATM people didn't have chakra.

^at least the filler showed that kaguya first opened a gate to a dimension where there was already a moon, and than IT began :)

^i know, it shouldnt be a argument against what you said but at least there had been a on-screen showing of what happened in the past, and a moon was involved, makes at least more sense than a sudden IT with no moon whatsoever :)

GreatestSin said:
^i know, it shouldnt be a argument against what you said but at least there had been a on-screen showing of what happened in the past, and a moon was involved, makes at least more sense than a sudden IT with no moon whatsoever :)
And none of it is canon so it may aswell not exist.

Also, there's no evidence the IT affected the countries away from the Ninja world. In fact, there's a report of another land that "had no outside interference"

I'd wager that complete mind control of your subjects is outside interference.

Why would it be outside help? Kaguya is the only one in the verse who can use it without the assistance of a moon

its not limited like Madaras and Obitos are she can use it anytime she wishes. Theres no proof hers needs as much prep as there's do

That is true. Also aparajita I am talking about kaguya using it to end all wars in the original manga so tell me was it anime only or was it stated in the manga

Huesito88 said:
That is true. Also aparajita I am talking about kaguya using it to end all wars in the original manga so tell me was it anime only or was it stated in the manga
Manga, i'll look for it.

Back