• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Elizhaa

Yes, the Spiral in that profile is the same Spiral in this thread, it is infinite-layered temporal construct which confirmed to be dimensions multiple times.

@Ant

Not offense, Ant, you are one of the best admin in my opinion, but I think you are a bit of... bias toward this?

Thank you, but I am not biased against Doctor Who. I just want there to be explicit statements about infinite higher geometric dimensions, not pieced together speculation, especially as "dimension" is recurrently used as a synonym for universe within fiction. That is just me trying to follow our usual standards of requiring conclusive evidence for massive upgrades.

I understand.

But the feats and statements I just post is not piece together and said dimension is not universe, it is directly stated to be dimensions, the universe is universe is seperate.

"A really powerful vortex that drags into itself anything that comes into its trajectory. A vortex made up of an infinite number of well, levels for want of a better description. And if they seem to diminish as they get towards the bottom of the vortex, rest assured, it's an illusion. For this vortex has no bottom. It is, being constructed of chronon energy, and thus temporal in nature, endless. Eternal. Bottomless, topless, middleless."

The statement was referred to the Spiral, which formed the axis of Time Vortex.

"Monica looked up to the ceiling. 'I'm coming for you, Doctor!' And in a flash of light she resumed her Lamprey form and vanished straight into the heart of the Spiral that formed the axis of the space-time vortex."

The levels is confirmed to be dimensions many times, like:

"'How! How can you touch me! I'm intangible. I am across all time and space. I am everywhere at once.'

'No,' the Doctor said, pained, exhausted and just a littleangrily.

'You are trapped here. By me. One solitary individual against your omnipotence. And I will beat you.'

'How?'

'Because I am... the... Doctor!' And he threw himself into the spiralled crucible, dropping downwards into the dimensionally transcendental abyss, accompanied by the screeching Monica/Lamprey, sending shards of blue light around them as they fell."

And

"the energy from the assembled Doctors battering the two figures, distorting them along every dimensional plane"

And

"For millennia, scholars have tried to fathom the true nature of what they have come to refer to as 'The Spiral'. They have failed because, of course, they cannot tell whether each time they examine the Spiral they are seeing it exponentially or randomly.

It is theorised that creatures live within the confines of the Spiral, creatures that have access to multiple dimensions"

And

"Rummas had crossed the room to join her. 'It's a sacrifice, across time and space. Across universes and multiverses. Across dimensions and ―' " (This one directly seperated the universes, multiverses, and dimensions)

Okay. That seems more reliable then, but what was mentioned was still "levels", not "geometric dimensions".

I would prefer more staff input here.

Let's wait for Elizhaa then.

By the way, is "geometric dimensions" something like flat, bloat, stretch?

The 3 basic ones are height, width, length.

By the way, can you contact Elizhaa to give input here? He's the one who ask for this statements.

And other members who's in this thread and watching, please give us your thoughts.

I would prefer if you or somebody else asks several VS Battles Staff members to comment here, preferably administrators and discussion moderators. You can tell them that I sent you.

I asked the three admins that are knowledgable of the verse, which is Ultima Reality, Starter Pack and Elizhaa, and other two.

I waited for @Elizhaa because he's knowledgable and is the one who asked me the statements, so let's wait for him.

Okay. It would have been easier if Azathoth was still active, but you can ask a few other administrators as well.

GHG4589 said:
Let's wait for Elizhaa then.
By the way, is "geometric dimensions" something like flat, bloat, stretch?
I could see argument for High 1-B. I found a old thread that upgrade the current to the current equivalent of HIgh 1-B rating. Here the thread:https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/57906

In thread, From the quote below provided Everlasting:

"Imagine, if you will, a vortex. A really powerful vortex that drags into itself anything that comes into its trajectory. A vortex made up of an infinite number of well, levels for want of a better description. And if they seem to diminish as they get towards the bottom of the vortex, rest assured, it's an illusion. For this vortex has no bottom. It is, being constructed of chronon energy, and thus temporal in nature, endless. Eternal. Bottomless, topless, middleless. It is neither linear not multifaceted in existence. It is completely unique and is, theoretically, situated at the centre of creation. Of course, in a multiverse that expands exponentially and is unfixed and infinite in nature, a 'centre' is a theoretical and practical impossibility For millennia, scholars have tried to fathom the true nature of what they have come to refer to as 'The Spiral'. They have failed because, of course, they cannot tell whether each time they examine the Spiral they are seeing it exponentially or randomly."

I see a case for Possibly High 1-B.

In Doctor Who, higher dimensions are definitely infinitely superior to lower ones. I'll provide quotes later.

I'm also kind of reluctant about this, since it would mean the Spiral and Time Vortex transcends the Six-Fold realm.

Thank you all for the input.

@Elizhaa

In the same thread, Azathoth, who is one of the most knowledgable about Doctor Who in this site, also confirmed that it is dimensions. Nice one Elizhaa.

@ByAsura

I actually provided the reasons that higher dimensions are definitely infinitely superior to lower ones, but I would be really appreciate your help.

Well, despite the Spiral and Time Vortex transcends the Six-Fold ream, the Six-Fold God still turn it inside out with a little bit of their powers, so I think it is only applied for the top tier who is scaling from the Vortex and the Six-Fold God.

It turns out I can't provide quotes from The Quantum Archangel, for some reason. I'll try getting it fixed.

If you can't find it, it's fine, I think we got enough of that.

I just want to hear you thoughts about the infinite dimensions feats.

I am still uncertain if levels genuinely means spatial dimensions in this case.

It may also be too inconsistent, as Asura mentioned, especially if we are drawing upon secondary canon, which recurrently tends to be ignored by my experience.

It is the main canon.

The feats comes from the novel that's confirmed to be Sixth Doctor's final story and effectively canon.

Well, I think that only the TV series is considered as primary canon that should always be closely followed by the writers of the show.

I agree about TV being the most canon, such as The Moment originally being a wide-scale De-Mat Gun or another random super weapon, but then getting retconned to a sentient doomsday device by the TV show and Engines of War (a direct tie-in novel that's on the same level as the TV show in terms of canon). However, none of this stuff—neither the Six-Fold realm nor Spiral—is actually mentioned in-universe.

9/10ths of these ratings would probably be Low 1-C to 3-A, if you want to go by the show.

Don't worry, we'd still have an 11-D TARDIS.

Anway, I don't exactly agree with the revisions, but I don't disagree either. I'm neutral on it because of how inconsistent Doctor Who cosmology can be.

Maybe. I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread now. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I am also getting tired of this neverending discussion. You should ask more of the staff members that I mentioned earlier.

We will likely soon not allow composite profiles anymore, so we might have to go by the show only then.

Antvasima said:
We will likely soon not allow composite profiles anymore, so we might have to go by the show only then.
That's not how it works however. Doctor Who has no canon and the characters aren't composites, they just are. Sometimes something gets retconned, but that doesn't hurt it's canon. Doctor Who is a series with 60 years of history, it cannot simply be the show.

Agree with above.

Fans of Doctor Who followed the TV Show, Novel, Comic, Audio, for a long time. The stories happened, then it's happened.

It's just that. You cannot simply cut all the feats that the official have provided us for 57 years with just "I think that only the TV series is considered as primary canon".

Like your are watching a very long-running TV Show, which has many media as a part of merchandise, and then someone breaks in, and tell you to not care about other things besides tv show. It's not works like that.

Technically, the Doctor should not have the tag "Composite", like, that's the same character from the same continuity in the same reality, just able to regenerated and have body-changing ability should not be treated as "Composite".

We cannot treats the long-running verse different from other verse just because they're long-running.

Look, if you are not okay with the feats I provided (Which I still saying that it is legit, for Possibly High 1-B, at least) then just stop it here.

I'm very tired, it's like you keep asking me about the feats and the explanation, and when I giving it to you, you just ask more and more. And then, suddenly, the "TV series is the only canon media" came up.

Like, just stop. I'm not angry or anything, but I'm tired and I'm bored. If the thread isn't going anywhere, then let's just stop it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back