• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Strange ability addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that's not canon

About the animated thing... What is that meant to be? What if this just TK? Also the next panel hints at tk rather than life manip.

Rest seems alright at a glance
"Animate" means bring to life. He can be sending them towards enemies and giving it life

Can you tell me why its not canon?

"Stan Lee meets" was a commemoration piece for Stan Lee's 65 years of employment in Marvel. Going off this it's based in Hembeck's universe which is Earth 77640 so assuming the wiki is correct, and all of these "meet" comics are in one connected universe, then it would not be Earth 616.
Stan Lee Meets Doctor Strange had 616 strange though

Jibz is correct.

Also, about the animate part, can you explain why it's life manip as oppose to TK which the scan kinda makes explicit, hm?
The scan explicitly states it brings the hoses to life. It doesnt confirm it to be TK, "sending" could just mean he tells them to do something

Secondly, animate does mean brings to life, but it is context dependent. The latin rootword is "anim" which translates to "mind" and "spirit" hence its usage in bringing stuff to life. It can also be used to describe the appearance of movement, as seen when you directly search the words "animate definition", which despite being used to describe the literal artform that is animation, it can also apply to cases like these.

For example, "anime" is a form of animation in which characters are animated to move and act in specific ways. Are these characters brought to life? Figuratively yes, but literally no. They aren't real. For example, and old show i watched had a wizard (that was also a tomato) animate belts to attack the main character. Those belts were animated to attack the mc.

I would love to talk about etymology all day, but im rather busy. So ill end off by saying, it isnt always necessarily bringing something to life. It can be used to give something the appearance of life, the key word being APPERANCE so unless the water hoses Dr here used were shown to have sentience. I have to disagree.

Prove it then
Because he gave them life

Secondly, animate does mean brings to life, but it is context dependent. The latin rootword is "anim" which translates to "mind" and "spirit" hence its usage in bringing stuff to life. It can also be used to describe the appearance of movement, as seen when you directly search the words "animate definition", which despite being used to describe the literal artform that is animation, it can also apply to cases like these.

For example, "anime" is a form of animation in which characters are animated to move and act in specific ways. Are these characters brought to life? Figuratively yes, but literally no. They aren't real. For example, and old show i watched had a wizard (that was also a tomato) animate belts to attack the main character. Those belts were animated to attack the mc.

I would love to talk about etymology all day, but im rather busy. So ill end off by saying, it isnt always necessarily bringing something to life. It can be used to give something the appearance of life, the key word being APPERANCE so unless the water hoses Dr here used were shown to have sentience. I have to disagree.
That requires more assumptions that just assuming animates is literal. There's also another scan for life manip

Because he gave them life

That requires more assumptions that just assuming animates is literal. There's also another scan for life manip
both interpretations hold equally the same amount of merit. The only difference is that i assume its him giving them the appearance of movement, whilst you believe they are given sentience.

It says its 616 strange
Most likely because it had to link to Strange and there is no page for earth 99062 dr Strange because who on earth would make one. Regardless you cant ignore the fact it states its Earth 99062 yet also use it because it links to 616 strange

Mate, these stories aren't 616. Just because the wiki linked it as such, doesn't make it 616.

Prove it.
It says he animates them

both interpretations hold equally the same amount of merit. The only difference is that i assume its him giving them the appearance of movement, whilst you believe they are given sentience.
Animates doesn't mean what you said though, most of the time its just giving life. What you mentioned is also giving life anyways

It looks like he's just animating them just as a puppeteer would animate a lifeless doll. It even states he's moving them around instead of saying the hoses are moving with their own with sentience.

Prove its TK
"He sends them snaking through the hate-maddened mob"

That directly shows he is physically moving them, like a puppeteer would animate a puppet. Now if you argue "prove he isnt commanding them to do so" then you are merely assuming that it is life manip rather than TK. As the description of animate would facilitate both interpretations, and as both interpretations hold the same amount of merit (and one could argue its far more likely to be TK then life manip due to the direct lack of actual sentience or "life") then this would all be fallacious.

Assumptions hold no place in debating. Facts do. Stop pushing a point based on a fallacious argument in the hopes we'll just give up. We won't.

The killing blow lies in the fact that Strange is said to be moving them around, and there’s no mention of him bringing them to life. TK is something I’m willing to bet a sorcerer supreme could easily do, so ye

"He sends them snaking through the hate-maddened mob"

That directly shows he is physically moving them, like a puppeteer would animate a puppet. Now if you argue "prove he isnt commanding them to do so" then you are merely assuming that it is life manip rather than TK. As the description of animate would facilitate both interpretations, and as both interpretations hold the same amount of merit (and one could argue its far more likely to be TK then life manip due to the direct lack of actual sentience or "life") then this would all be fallacious.

Assumptions hold no place in debating. Facts do. Stop pushing a point based on a fallacious argument in the hopes we'll just give up. We won't.
Sending doesnt mean he uses TK though, and prove that other assumption holds the same amount of merit

Anything and everything is an assumption

The killing blow lies in the fact that Strange is said to be moving them around, and there’s no mention of him bringing them to life. TK is something I’m willing to bet a sorcerer supreme could easily do, so ye
Proof?

King, can you not be annoying and accept tha your scan isn't enough for life manip? You are just going in circles now.

Seriously. Just read your own scan, again, and this time, pay proper attention.

King, can you not be annoying and accept tha your scan isn't enough for life manip? You are just going in circles now.

Seriously. Just read your own scan, again, and this time, pay proper attention.
Prove its TK

The fact my interpretation is just as logical as yours is why they have the same amount of merit

Read your own scan
"Animate" means bring life to something most of the time, so i think thats the default assumption

This is the last time I am going to mention this... Read your own damn scan and this time with your eyes open.

FFS this is annoying af. You are blatantly ignoring your own scan and can't even prove if he created them or not. Spoiler alert, he didn't bring them to live. If you disagree with that, then talk to Marvel/the writer about it. Because they made it obvious it's ******* TK

This is the last time I am going to mention this... Read your own damn scan and this time with your eyes open.

FFS this is annoying af. You are blatantly ignoring your own scan and can't even prove if he created them or not. Spoiler alert, he didn't bring them to live. If you disagree with that, then talk to Marvel/the writer about it. Because they made it obvious it's ******* TK
You agree with the other abilities and resurrection?

"Animate" means bring life to something most of the time, so i think thats the default assumption
idk how it works here. But in most parts of battlebording, and the wider world "assumptions" aren't seen as evidence / proof. Also i flat out described the etemology of the word animate for you, yet you act so obtuse. I refuse to waste my time on this shit. Bring more evidence, or life manip is off the table.

I deadass searched for two seconds and found this image of him turning a gun into insects, its genuinely not that hard. I did this by searching google for four bloody seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back