• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Doom do anything about his machines being turned into flower petals? Also if he tries to succ Altair she can reverse the causality of the attack and the machine will succ him instead.

It still operates on the principles of cause and effect. The "succ-ing" itself isn't higher-D anyway; it just works on beings up to that level. The fundamental principles of the attack don't change because it can work on incredibly powerful beings, at least in my opinion.

Honestly with Doom being unable to resist pretty much everything Altair does I really struggle to see how he can win unless his succ is instant and it also bypasses cause and effect.

The entire argument is on the "One Day Prep" where Doom can prepare himself to fully counter Altair and since he has Nigh-Omniscient, it's easy win.

Remove that prep and Altair has lot of ways to win.

But it's completely NLF to assume that he even has the ability to counter things that he has never shown any resistance to. He will have his machines, sure, but it isn't like he can make his machines immune from being written out of his character or he himself resistant from being written back to his base form.

Then there's the Fourteenth Movement, which is shown to be passive, that can, in all likelihood, turn around his succ. Even if he knows that will happen he still doesn't have a way to beat it.

It's not about countering it's about having a day to just think Altair into being absorbed at the start of the match

Also 14th movement turning around High 1B absorbtion is immensely more NLF then just outright gaining a resistance

And when his machine tries to succ it will get its causality reversed and steal his powers instead.

Give Doctor Doom a day of prep and he may as well draw power from The One Above All.

He's tried it before. Didn't go very well for him, but still.

For the record, I'm not really voting for Doom, I'm just saying what options he has here so that people can come to their own conclusions.

Stealing from TOAA is either A: an outright laughable outlier B. showing TOAA isn't Tier 0 if he can have power drawn from him.

Not stealing power from TOAA, just deriving power.

Well if he uses his day of prep to go get that level of power it's an impossible stomp since he rises to who knows where in tier.

Doom with prep likes to do a lot of power stealing and tier jumps.

Ye, but on TOAA? Seems a bit of stretch to say he would choose that out of everything,

I mean even if he tier jumps to cosmic level it's a massive stomp. If Doom with prep likes to tier jump there is nothing Altair can do to a higher-D.

Zachary was told repeatedly to change his OP on other threads and still doesn't

Closing is probably best

Im reopening this just to ask why prep is supposed to make people jump tiers like in this case. Prep is supposed to make people use all the stuff available to them that does not make them jump, otherwise why do you specify the tier used? If Doom is allowed to jump to High 1-B via prep time why is Low 2-C doom even mentioned when its really High 1-B.

I believe it's because what he's doing is hax. It's not something confined by tiers.

Schnee One said:
Zachary was told repeatedly to change his OP on other threads and still doesn't
Closing is probably best
I literally didn't have my computer or my phone when people were telling to me to change the OP...

Yes you do. Because we're telling you to adjust the distance and yet you still responded afterwards.

So it's Doom with Galactus' powers now. I kinda feel like doing Galactus vs Altair would be less redundant than this, but I'm still scared to make that thread because of all the previous shut downs.

If it's just Low 2-C then Passive Causality Manipulation that reflects conceptual attacks protects her from any action Doom takes whereas she can insta rewrite Doom or Erase him or make a duplicate of him to fight him or copy powers or power nulls that bypasses resistance to Powernull or Law Manip incaps or Plot Manip incaps

Also, Galan is 2-C so dunno how would that match be fair at all.

And yet, Bill vs Doctor Strange is fair.

If I recall, if they exist on the same level of existence, it's fair.

Dunno about Bill vs DS lol

And they don't exist on the same level. Galan is a 4D being with 2-C tier. Altair is a 3D being with a Low 2-C tier.

Sir Ovens said:
So it's Doom with Galactus' powers now. I kinda feel like doing Galactus vs Altair would be less redundant than this, but I'm still scared to make that thread because of all the previous shut downs.
Oven FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back