• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do you think characters from Alice and Sparkle can be in VS Battles Wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just read the controversy section. But I am also curious to know has anyone actually ready the book and if so, what sort of feats are there to find?

First I will speak generally: we should not disqualify works for being created using AI. AI is a tool to be used. Wherever you fall on the morality of the subject is irrelevant, I feel- we are a fiction indexing site, if a given piece of fiction meets our standards for pages otherwise, I think it arbitrary to then disqualify it for being AI generated.

More specifically on this book: I don't think it would meet our standards. I recall it being basically unheard of outside of the controversy, and selling very little. I would also be skeptical if it would actually yield combat relevant characters, given it is a children's book, though I haven't read it and cannot be sure.

I suppose those are valid points.

Probably, yes, but I am too tired and busy to handle it on my own.

I am willing to try to improve on the structure of a new rule text draft though.

Is it necessary? It's not like we have a rule that in any way indicates that they are not allowed. Seems weird to make a rule just saying that there is no exception in regard to this topic.
In the interest of keeping our rules concise and easy to read it might be better to make no extra rule, if there is no need to regulate it in a special way.

Is it necessary? It's not like we have a rule that in any way indicates that they are not allowed. Seems weird to make a rule just saying that there is no exception in regard to this topic.
In the interest of keeping our rules concise and easy to read it might be better to make no extra rule, if there is no need to regulate it in a special way.
More than a rule per sé, I was thinking more of a note that we do allow AI based fiction, since as the op showed, there will undoubtedly be questions about it in the future.

Honestly, I just have read the book online, and... I don't think it should be added, but not because it's made from AI, as even there it needs notability, the origin is completely irrelevant, and moral stuff is not our concern at all.

The verse in itself is kinda... featless? I mean is just a children's book, nothing else and nothing more.

If you want to make this a thread about verses AI-generated like this one though, then you should change the wording.

More than a rule per sé, I was thinking more of a note that we do allow AI based fiction, since as the op showed, there will undoubtedly be questions about it in the future.
I agree with Lephyr. A note to address the undoubted future questions would be nice.

Considering how there exist 0 popular battlefictions that are AI written I somehow doubt there would actually be lots of questions about this, but alright.

Would

suffice?
Likely, but it is better to wait for staffs' input.
Honestly, I just have read the book online, and... I don't think it should be added, but not because it's made from AI, as even there it needs notability, the origin is completely irrelevant, and moral stuff is not our concern at all.
On an unrelated note, if she really create the AI by herself, it is an impressive intelligence feat.

What DontTalk wrote can probably be added as a rule text now, yes.

I added it:

If there is nothing else, this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back