• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do we have spoiler tags installed on this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Checking the media wiki, and that exists. It would be very helpful to this site if we did, so well...do we?

I think a person should ecpect spoilers without the need of someone else pointing it out for them.

True, but it's just to be on the safe side. For example DBF Wiki has spoiler tags, and I'd assume to expect spoilers from there as well, due to the nature of their site being somewhat similar to ours.

Well, in that case we do have the function. Either as shown above through

<div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" data-expandtext="Spoiler" data-collapsetext="Spoiler">Spoiler</div>

or through

Spoiler
<div class="mw-customtoggle-Feats wikia-menu-button">Spoiler</div> <div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" id="mw-customcollapsible-Feats"> Spoiler </div>
to get a button. (the later also has the advantage that in profiles aligns to the left, while the prior aligns to the right)

Well, it seems possible to use them then, but like Kkapoios mentioned, it seems unnecessary, and we cannot go through thousands of profiles to insert them.

Just use the knowledge to not spoil others in a Verse discussion thread if you want, don't need to use it to meddle with profiles

Spoiler
(Text Here)

Btw, the actual coding for the above toggle button is

• <div class="mw-customtoggle-Feats wikia-menu-button">Spoiler</div>
  • <div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" id="mw-customcollapsible-Feats">'''(Add Desired Text Here)'''</div>
If you want to use it, just copy+paste the coding I have written above (excluding the bullet points)

Spoiler
(Add Desired Text Here)

Can you post that somewhere where it won't get buried and lost to time? This thread will eventually be buried amongst the hundreds of other threads in the forum once it runs its course, which would make it difficult to search for and find again when someone wants to use that code.

^This. I'd rather want to be able to find this in a place where anyone would want to use this for anything.

Then again, i could just put this on my profile somewhere for "safekeepings"....

Lina Shields

The spoiler tag code has been copied into my profile. Feel free to use the coding as you see fit (just copy+paste the code) and type the spoiler in the (Add Desired Text Here) section of code.

HIT IT said:
I think my method is less intrusive, though...
It requires highlighting to read, though, while Lina's method requires just a click. It'd be better if it worked like TV Tropes' spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back