• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do these statements warrant tiers?

Now while obviously I believe a tier can be warranted if it's a supportive statement/claim or made by a reliable source, I ask this specifically because I had made a profile for a weapon within a series which has a statement that it can destroy a City and want to know if it's safe to give it 7-B (Baseline) for that reason: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Pharaoh-Waker

The creator of said weapon stated it would blow up the city if it detonated:
IMG-20210603-200334.jpg

In addition, there's another statement made by the antagonist stating that he'd destroy the City (He's a high tier within the verse from what I've read so far) and would like to know if that would warrant him 7-B (Baseline) as well:

He's stopped before he can do it because his avatar body couldn't handle his power and any more damage would've caused the avatar to break up, making him retreat. It's so broken up he looks like a monster, when normally he looks like a normal human, because he is a human biologically.

Personally I think the statement can be used, but I want to know what others think.

You need to know how big the city is to get a value, or calculate the explosion to get a value, destroying a city doesn't mean it's baseline city level it could be more or less.

You need to know how big the city is to get a value, or calculate the explosion to get a value, destroying a city doesn't mean it's baseline city level it could be more or less.
Hm, fair. We never get a view of the whole city from what I recall, but we do see big portions shown on panel. Would it be fine to give the character a possibly 7-B rating for stating they could 'oblitherate' the city? I think I saw a similar solution akin to that in another thread.

Hm, fair. We never get a view of the whole city from what I recall, but we do see big portions shown on panel. Would it be fine to give the character a possibly 7-B rating for stating they could 'oblitherate' the city? I think I saw a similar solution akin to that in another thread.
Maybe ask for it to be calculated, I don't know if that rating would work.

What type of weapon is this? If it’s something that would effect the immediate surroundings (so the city they’re in would be the metric as opposed to distant ones), you can probably get a calc done if you have a way to tell what city they’re in or estimate the size of the city.
For the avatar, it depends on the context, if it’s something like him preparing for an attack that would destroy the city, same as above. But if it’s just a vague statement like “I’ll destroy the city if you don’t stop me” that could be over time.
If there isn’t enough context to tell how big the potential destroyed city is, then feats like this are sometimes given ratings like “at least small city level, possibly higher” or just “likely city level”.

What type of weapon is this? If it’s something that would effect the immediate surroundings (so the city they’re in would be the metric as opposed to distant ones), you can probably get a calc done if you have a way to tell what city they’re in or estimate the size of the city.
For the avatar, it depends on the context, if it’s something like him preparing for an attack that would destroy the city, same as above. But if it’s just a vague statement like “I’ll destroy the city if you don’t stop me” that could be over time.
If there isn’t enough context to tell how big the potential destroyed city is, then feats like this are sometimes given ratings like “at least small city level, possibly higher” or just “likely city level”.

I might be able to get an estimate of how big the city is based on chunks I've seen and the geographical information given to us (It's definitely a city in modern japan as stated in the Manga), but if I can't, I think I'd be fine with a 'at least small city level, possibly higher' rating.
As for the scan of the character claiming he'd destroy the city, given the context I do believe he was going to destroy it in one attack. He stated "Have it your way. I'll oblitherate the humans here... city and all!" whilst he was charging up what looked to be one of his Black Hole attacks but likely far stronger given that he was shown to control the strength of his black holes. Oblitherate also makes sense given the context that he stated he'd use his black holes to utterly destroy his friend Imhotep and it was shown to completely erase whatever it touched. He's also a top tier and I would think he scales above the weapon which the creator of said weapon stated would blow away the entire city given that the creator is very unimpressive when it comes to anything but his creation magic (Even humans are able to ragdoll him around). I also don't know if the use of the word oblitherate would be less vague than just saying destroy, but I think it is. Oblitherate is to completely wipe something out, while destroy means to put an end to something by damaging or attacking it. I'm leaning more on he can destroy it in one attack, but I wouldn't mind waiting for calc's to come out for the other characters who scale beneath him to be done first (Some of the feats seem pretty promising and might be able to support the city oblitheration claim).

Back