• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disembodied Thought vs John Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Lady Death doesn't resist possession

>Possession is the DT's go-to move in every sense of the word.

>This version of DT is literally possessing the universe or something.

Stares mothafuckaly

Last I remember, DT was having a fair matchup with characters like BB.

What exactly made this seem fair for Lady Death at all?

I'll put it this way.

Going by the last few DT threads I recall, you might as well have thrown Lady Death against John Taylor.

Okay so...

Right off the bat, possession is officially no longer on the table anymore. Particularly because a group of immaterial, higher-dimensional Outsiders tried it on him and failed harder than Jennifer Lawrence at the 2013 Oscars.

It's possible (actually, I'd say it's very likely) John can use his gift to either rewrite probabilities in a way that eliminates the DT, or just separate it from the universe the way he separated Kid Cthulhu from the higher-D Outsider taint that was merged with his body.

If he's BFR'd to the Golden Gate, he'll probably be able to withstand the mindhaxing elements of it, since he's withstood mindhax from Outsiders and other absurdly potent beings numerous times. And I'm fairly positive he can find a way out, because that's one of the more mundane things his gift could do for him.

Not voting yet (because I probably need a refresher on the other things the DT can do), but I'm leaning towards John for right now. Even outside of the two examples I gave, there are other potential ways he can kill the DT that I'm aware of, and they're all things he can do with his gift. Besides that, the DT is a player character, so there's no real way of knowing what it will do once it completely fails to possess John.

Has John Taylor dealt with like, every single character on this wiki in some form or another

Bad match up. Outside of BFR, everything Thought can do is possession based. The only thing i think it can do to kill John is possessing something big and running over John with it, but John can kill Thought 100 times before he does that.

Andytrenom said:
Has John Taylor dealt with like, every single character on this wiki in some form or another
Not yet. Fortunately.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Bad match up. Outside of BFR, everything Thought can do is possession based.
Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back