• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord vs Sans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. I'm still personally in favor of Discord due to his reality warping and intangibility hax allowing to be unaffected by the moves Sans will dish out on him.

Sans. Speed is equilized, but sans can still teleport around to make it hard to keep track of him while he makes his rain of attacks. Even with 0 kr he can still kill a multiversal chara with ~90 hits, each hit destroying the SOUL (which according to undertale verse makes up everything about a character from physical aspects to spirit to memories and personality and everything else).

Even if you assume that Sans wont deal any KR damage, his base damage is more than enough to wear down multiversal beings. Argue about 'but discord wouldn't die' or whatever if you want, he's effectively dead if he takes too much SOUL damage and forgets who he is or how his powers work.

Discord can teleport too and has mass reality warping to be able to hit Sans no matter where Sans goes. Sans doesn't have the ability to attack intangible beings, which Discord has the ability to become. In addition, Sans didn't actually hurt the multiversal Chara, he was able to hurt the physical form Chara who is like Country Level at most IIRC prior to mass Determination.

My vote still goes to Discord.

Discord doesn't have an Undertale soul

Heck, of the elements of harmony can't kill him, I dont see sans killing him either

Pikachu942 said:
In addition, Sans didn't actually hurt the multiversal Chara, he was able to hurt the physical form Chara who is like Country Level at most IIRC prior to mass Determination.
No, he most definitely hurt multiversal (or at the absolute least multi-universal) Chara. He was still attacking their SOUL and not just their physical body, and the only thing Chara having to use a body restricted was their movement and range (since they couldn't be an omnipresent concept yet). In fact, Chara's stats when they break the game are around the same as UtU's, so they almost certainly still had the power. Just not the versatility or range of movement.

Jinx666 said:
Discord doesn't have an Undertale soul
Heck, of the elements of harmony can't kill him, I dont see sans killing him either
You can't write off the powers of one character because they are written in a different universe or there would be no point having a vs battle wiki. What your saying is the same as 'a digimon character cant hurt batman, batman's not a program he's a real person so he doesn't have data'.

@Azzy

Ah OK, that actually makes sense. I still don't see any way Sans can beat Discord, though, the hax is just too much for him to handle.

I still think Discord takes the win, Sans may hurt him a lot but Discord will survive any attack that Sans will throw at him.

One AOE magic spell from Discord and Sans is wiped out (unless if Sans just teleports away which will just annoy Discord)

Discord ignore normal durability, since he can turn into gelatin for example. (And his already made this once). I vote for Discord.

Many people here is voting for Discord due to intangibility-that makes you immaterial- but can it really make someone's soul disappear? Also Sans's 1 base attack is enough to kill 1/92 part of the soul of a multiversal being(and if Discord can't escape in time he'll take multiple hits)...I'd say Sans due to these.

Grand Landmaster said:
Also Sans's 1 base attack is enough to kill 1/92 part of the soul of a multiversal being(and if Discord can't escape in time he'll take multiple hits)...I'd say Sans due to these.
Soul Attacking is considered Hax and ignores durability.

Grand Landmaster said:
Still, that doesn't change the fact that it can hit Discord.
Can't*, nothing suggests that any of it is able to pierce his Intangability. With Speed Equalized, the first thing Discord is going to do is become intangable, then Reality Warp Sans into a pineapple.

Aparajita said:
Grand Landmaster said:
Can't*, nothing suggests that any of it is able to pierce his Intangability. With Speed Equalized, the first thing Discord is going to do is become intangable, then Reality Warp Sans into a pineapple.
Intangibility doesn't affect soul. Sans can hit Discord even though he has intangibility.

Grand Landmaster said:
Aparajita said:
Grand Landmaster said:
Intangibility doesn't affect soul. Sans can hit Discord even though he has intangibility.
There is one problem with that, if you see during the fight with napstablook you can't really attack them because they are intangible. If undertale fights are concentrated on the souls why couldn't Frisk hurt someone like Napstablook or the Mad Dummy (until the ghost infused with their body to become the Dummy itself)?

@Xeno

You got a point over there. Seriously, what's up with the souls? In every Undertale battle it creates a problem. I guess in Undertale intangibility doesn't work as it does in most franchises...

so who wins this overall? I mean there are a lot of battles that are not even listed in the losing/winning profile lists

Also the comment about the souls in a nutshell:

Soul attacks cannot bypass intangibillity in undertale (Ghosts can't be attacked in undertale) so Discord being hurt by soul attacks won't affect him unless proven otherwise

However, monster's, unlike humans are fundamentally different in terms of relationship between souls and bodies. Their physical bodies are tied to their SOULs so a physical attack to an Undertale monster is the same as a spiritual attack and vice versa. This also applies to intangibility. Thus when Napstablook is intangible it also conceals his SOUL due to the relationship between monster SOULs and their bodies. Humans are different. While Chara's SOUL is a multiversal existence, his/her physical body is only that of a young child's. Thus, monsters are a special case as it is specifically stated that their SOULs bear connection to their bodies. Discord on the other hand does not have such a connection. Thus when he becomes intangible, his soul is not concealed and as such will be hurt by SOUL attacks.

Xenomorphios said:
Soul attacks cannot bypass intangibillity in undertale (Ghosts can't be attacked in undertale) so Discord being hurt by soul attacks won't affect him unless proven otherwise
Yes, they can. They just have to be magic attacks, which monster attacks are. Human attacks aren't. The reason Napstablook's tears cause Mad Dummy pain is because they're magic.

I don't think Sans can dodge reality warping, especially not on a scale that was affecting the entire country / celestial bodies, and stars in the background.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Xenomorphios said:
Yes, they can. They just have to be magic attacks, which monster attacks are. Human attacks aren't. The reason Napstablook's tears cause Mad Dummy pain is because they're magic.
Right, the mad dummy brought a bunch of robot dummies with magic attacks to fight the player with and they end up hurting him when the player dodges around so that they miss.

so who wins in th end? This thread might go for way longer if we keep this up... I vote for Discord, just too many Aoe Hax to hit Sans (Discord's Abilities are literally the exact counter to Sans' Attacks)

Edit: one more thing to mention:

Discord can sense Magic so he will know where Sans when he is near by (Sans can't hide if he needs to) Sans using his "genocide run" powers will make him a huge beacon since he uses far more magic.

Discord, as he can warp reality in a way to attack Sans twice in a single turn.

Or if you prefer without addressing the game mechanics.

Discord wishes Sans out of reality...

Vote Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back