• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disappearing alerts

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
I keep seeing a number that indicates multiple alerts for threads and such, but when I look, I only ever see one at a time. Is anyone else having this problem?

To quote the Advice to the staff of the VS Battles wiki page:

"Due to a glitch in the programming of the wiki, only updates for a part of the discussion threads appear in the notification bar in the upper right corner of the screen, while the rest remain hidden. To get around this issue, after opening the threads that need to be browsed in a separate window, click the "Mark all as read" button, as this will allow the notification bar to show updates to the discussions that were not shown previously. Depending on the length of time that the update system has glitched, repeating the above procedure several times may be necessary for the notification cache to be completely cleaned and function properly again. It is recommended to make a habit of performing this maintenance at least once every week."

Back