• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, my brain has officially broken. Let me note this question has nothing to do with Timeless Voids, I'm just questioning how Speed & Dimensions interact.

As it's stated in the Higher-Dimensional Existence section, being of a Higher-Dimension gives you a Large Size for this reason here; Due to the additional angles possessed by them, higher-dimensional objects and beings would be much larger than lower ones. It's pretty well known that Higher-Dimensional Objects and Realms in general are simply larger than Lower-Dimensional ones. So naturally, if you compared a 4D Space and an Infinite 3D Speed, the 4D Space would be larger, even if it is not Infinite. That's simply how big the gap in size is between dimensions.

So from what I understand if I am a Tier 10 Human and I have Infinite Speed, I should be able to reach the "End" of an Infinite 3D Space, however since I am a 3D Being I cannot interact with, or even see Time which is 4D. From what I understand even if I ran in a straight line at Infinite Speed, forever, I would never be able to physically escape the Third Dimension, as that is the limit of my dimension. It's like a 2D is trying to escape into a 3D Space by running.

However if by sheer speed a character managed to break free of Time, I mean physically escaping the 4th Dimension by running so fast PHYSICALLY you go past its "Borders/Limits". As a Tier 10 3D being this should naturally be impossible even with Infinite Speed, so would this be an Immeasurable speed or not?

I mean, time is not regarded as a higher dimension, so running through it like that would be immensurable but have nothing tk do weith HDE.

Going to a higher dimension would probably just be dimensional travel via speed, because higher d beings simple have more directions and access to us, but unless stated otherwise, they are still bound by linear time and thus can have defined speeds, even if their directions are different.

We are 3D but we still use distance for speed despite it being a 1D measure, point a to point b basically, so a higher dimensional being would use it too by default just with more options to move around.

I mean, time is not regarded as a higher dimension, so running through it like that would be immensurable but have nothing tk do weith HDE.

Going to a higher dimension would probably just be dimensional travel via speed, because higher d beings simple have more directions and access to us, but unless stated otherwise, they are still bound by linear time and thus can have defined speeds, even if their directions are different.

We are 3D but we still use distance for speed despite it being a 1D measure, point a to point b basically, so a higher dimensional being would use it too by default just with more options to move around.
Oh, that actually answers a lot of my confusion, appreciate it.

So
Character A is 4D with immesurerable speed
Character B is 5D but no speed feats or statments specified.

Can character B keep up with character A speed ?

Agreed, but yeah, 4D would be faster, but speed doesn't allow you to interact with anything special, so 5D could be infinitely slower and still safe

Dimensionality is not related to speed anymore, speed require travelling component, which is movement and distance, even Immeasurable speed have distance, the different here is the distance being time not space anymore. That why Irrelevant speed got removed and many high tier character got Unknown or Immobile speed rating if nothing show them move or being omnipresent. So yeah, nowaday a MFTL+ from tier 9 to tier 2 can blitz a 1-A with unknown or immobile speed rating

Back