• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimensionality Question: About Humans and Higher Dimensions

Want to make this real quick to get a quick confirmation on something to see if its right or not. From what I've always been aware about, and from what I still hear others here say, 3-D ordinary humans existing within a higher dimension is treated as an inconsistency against the higher dimension being one thats infinitely superior to lower ones. And by humans, I mean people without some explicit Higher-D ability that makes them special exceptions to do Higher-D stuff.

Is this true?

I don't have the faintest idea myself. A human could feasibly exist in a higher-dimensional space, of course, they'd just be infinitely "thin" there by virtue of lacking the other axis.

Would you mind listing some of these threads?
This thread as a first example with Yu-Gi-Oh. And while I don't have access to the link, there was an earlier thread years ago with this same topic on higher dimensions for Yu-Gi-Oh when Azazoth was still here when humans was used as a direct counter against the verse getting actual higher dimensions.

Another example is Pokemon. Humans existing in the Distortion World, a 4-D realm, was also brought up as an inconsistency for it. This thread also isn't the first time its mentioned but its the most recent occurrence I can find for it.

But it should fulfill the point I tried making. Humans existing in [insert number here]- D realms have been brought up here before, recently and sometime ago, as a kind of inconsistency for verses and their higher dimensions, which gave me the current impression that we've always done this.

I thought that there was already a note on that. Also adding something to this, what matters in the setting is what is necessary, that who can and why they can, to interact with said world.

In the most basic way, you could say that our world is 4D, but we only interact directly with the three spatial dimensions while the fourth dimension of time is something that we only perceive as an idea while we move across time. If a setting is 11D, then 3D being existing in said 11D setting isn't a problem as long as the 3D can only fully understand the 3D section of said 11D realm.

When you talk about "Higher planes of existence", would be the same as we only understanding an "existing" in the three first levels, while the other 8 are beyond our comprehension. So someone having no problem to direct interact with higher planes of existence with simple no reason, would be a problem if one is trying to equate said "higher planes" as anything more than just a parallel realm that can't be normally interacted, but there's no true difference in existence.

However if someone does that by "amplifying infinitely its own existence", that could already be enough excuse for not being a problem to have said interaction to occur, because the level of existence of said character was adapted into that of the higher plane of existence.

I thought that there was already a note on that. Also adding something to this, what matters in the setting is what is necessary, that who can and why they can, to interact with said world.
Should we add a note then? Or should I make a brief staff thread to suggest a note be written given the topic?

Back