• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimensional tiering

Could a 4th dimensional being interact with a 3 dimensional being? In terms of spatial dimensions and not temporal dimensions on some fused zamasu shit, could a 4th dimensional being interact with a 3 dimensional being, just how a 3 dimensional being wouldn't be able to interact with a 2 dimensional object, would it be the same for the latter? Because it wouldn't make sense right? Because the 3d being would lack that extra perpendicular axis to actually grab onto and interact with, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes. Anything is possible in fiction.

but technically, if they were in 4th dimensional space, the 3D being would be able to interact with the 4th dimensional being just fine, albeit a bit limited in regards to movement and reach.

If they were in 3D space, the 4th dimensional being would appear as 3D cross-section and the 3D being would be able to interact with that cross section. But wouldn’t be able to interact with the rest of the 4D being.

Yes. Anything is possible in fiction.

but technically, if they were in 4th dimensional space, the 3D being would be able to interact with the 4th dimensional being just fine, albeit a bit limited in regards to movement and reach.

If they were in 3D space, the 4th dimensional being would appear as 3D cross-section and the 3D being would be able to interact with that cross section. But wouldn’t be able to interact with the rest of the 4D being.
I'm sort of confused here, a 4d being would exist across 4 planes right? So would x character be able to defeat y characters, even though x character is higher D. Because to me, i thought the 3d being lacked that extra axis for the 4d being to be able to interact with.

I'm sort of confused here, a 4d being would exist across 4 planes right? So would x character be able to defeat y characters, even though x character is higher D. Because to me, i thought the 3d being lacked that extra axis for the 4d being to be able to interact with.
Being x-dimensional doesn’t guarantee you will be stronger or a higher tier.

a 4D being still comprised of 3D volume, which they can interact with in the 3D space.

It all depends on context. Very few medias depict higher dimensional things accurately or similarly.

Being x-dimensional doesn’t guarantee you will be stronger or a higher tier.

a 4D being still comprised of 3D volume, which they can interact with in the 3D space.

It all depends on context. Very few medias depict higher dimensional things accurately or similarly.
Yeah i see now, because i was arguing with someone, they think because x character is 4d in existence, y character who is a 3d being would lose because he cannot interact with said 4d characters, i always thought that was wrong. Because we humans theoretically could not interact with a 2 dimensional object/being, so i thought it would be the same for higher tiers like 3 and 4d etc

And also, how would a 4th dimensional being usually be depicted? Would said being automatically be granted large size for being qualitatively superior to a 3 dimensional plane? Does a 4th dimensional being exist across 4 planes of existence? Or do they just reside in the 4th dimension itself?

Because we humans theoretically could not interact with a 2 dimensional object/being, so i thought it would be the same for higher tiers like 3 and 4d etc
Theoretically speaking, humans should be able to interact with them fine. It’s just that they do not exist or rather have been observed to exist. There really isn’t any standard on what would happen.

And also, how would a 4th dimensional being usually be depicted?
4th dimensional beings and space doesn’t exist so they can look however you want them too, although there are hypothetical models of what they may look like.

Would said being automatically be granted large size for being qualitatively superior to a 3 dimensional plane?
No. They are not bigger in any sense that really matters. They simply have a hypervolume that 3D objects don’t have. They are not superior to a 3D plane

You can have a 2D square thats as big as the moon. It just would be flat and have zero volume and zero depth.

It would also be a good time to tell you that spaces with extra dimensional axes are considered inherently superior, not objects. That is the difference.

Back