• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discusion Thread: Re:Forumtize

also, they have a lot of abilities from Digimon physiology that they don't use because they don't know they have those abilities right.

Digimon lack

-Higher Dimensional Existence (Minus their Digicores of course, but their bodies are very much so 3-D)
-Non-Corporeal (They are blatantly given a physical body when in the Human World)

Everything else they keep.

Their Mind and Soul hax is just another application of their Information Manipulation. All Digimon could target the mind and soul if they wanted to. Just not every Digimon actually does so in character, or even if bloodlusted. We've completely axed the "Mind and Soul hax with every hit" thing we had a few years ago though.

They do so by manipulating your data. Remember, the mind and soul are just another form of data Digimon can target and manipulate. So when characters like say, Devimon or MetalPhantomon target the mind or soul, they are simply manipulating the data that makes up your mind or soul. So it's Mind and Soul hax via Information Manipulation.

If the soul/mind hax on every hit was axed, then How do they target them then ?
most Digimon dont use because they dont even know they have it but digimon like devimon usually have certain moves to mindhax like
  • Akuma no Sasayaki: Emits hypnotic waves from its eyes.

They do so by manipulating your data. Remember, the mind and soul are just another form of data Digimon can target and manipulate. So when characters like say, Devimon or MetalPhantomon target the mind or soul, they are simply manipulating the data that makes up your mind or soul. So it's Mind and Soul hax via Information Manipulation.
Dang, Dragon replied too fast

I ment like, how do they do it ?

Do they need to touch you or can they think you to deth or something ?
I think they need to touch you in order to manipulate your data to mindhax

however this isn't always the case like devimon for example but say Agumon if he knew he could mindhax he probably needs physical contact

@Dragonmasterxyz

I ment like, how do they do it ?

Do they need to touch you or can they think you to death or something ?
Really depends on the Digimon. In general, I would assume that they simply need to hack you like they do everything else. So it can range from contact based to thought based or like with a certain hand motion. Digimon like Ebemon does so with a laser beam, Digimon like Growlmon or Veggiemon were able to do so via thought, Devimon does so with eye contact or physical contact. But overall, it should be no different to how they hack other data by all technicalities, but each Digimon chooses to do so differently.

my question is how many embodiment digimon we have? (except SGDL of course) like embodiment of fire, light, love or anything else.

Im pretty sure Apocalymon and Zeedmileniumon (Conceptual Embodiment of Non-Evolution, Darkness, and Death) and the seven great demon lords are the only ones that embody anything.

At best you could say that Yggdrasil is the conceptual embodiment of light and evolution (And thus the whole Digital World) as the natural counterpart of Ogudomon (X) that is God's other side.

I don't know where else ask this, I guess this thread can work.

Agumon is 1-C in his last key, because he received power from a High 1-C and defeated a 5-B.

Is this a leftover of a CRT, something yet to fix or just not totally clear scaling?

Wrong Machinedramon

Good, I'll replace the link.

Also, I didn't remember there was 1-C stuff in the series I watched 15 years ago (And I would like to see it again)

Yeah, I forgot to update the Machinedramon links when we separated the Digimon Adventure profile and the Species profile. That one's on me lol.

Question, are you guys planning to revise NEP and Regen for Digimons? Because i think the verse can easily have NEP 2 and Mid-godly and High-godly regen.

If I ever finish my "Digimon Mythology: Souls and Metaphysics" we might try something like that after I do the cosmology blog, so we can explain all the metaphysical things. After all for some members a realm that seems to have some "physics" like gravity or speed can't be considered a metaphysical realm... So as usual I'm going to try to explains all points necessary so we don't need to be repeating the same points again and again due to differences on perspectives of what makes something "metaphysical" (That is why I also made my blog about Metaphysical Essences).

But even before all of that, with a lot of recent discussions about canon and the sources that I use (Not only here but also outside of the wiki), I decided to take a break from all of this and focus on a blog about the concept of Canonicity as a whole, then a blog about the Digimon Canon (Since it also affects the metaphysical stuff).

Off-topic:

A recent Toei Financial IR document says that Survive is "scheduled to be released [Fall 2021]" (発売予定 [2021年秋]).

The previous Survive info said that news about the game would be expected to be shared in Spring 2021. So, let's just do a fun information checking.

Spring 2021 in Japan is from March 20 to June 21. Fall in Japan is from September 23 to December 22.

Of course, the IR document wouldn't be necessary to think of a release date closer to the end of the year, since this seems to be the common Digimon release date in japan.

But, it's funny to see how it """""can""""" work. Of course, nothing is 100% certain to happen before it happens.

Damn, i thought it would be easier, like, a 100 times easier.

But i didn't understand, souls aren't already established in the verse? There is still discussion about their existence and/or mechanics?

It is more that we want to make things as clear as possible and to try and clear as many possible doubts as we can. Digimon as a whole is going through hefty revisions due to Decode as Ex posted Decode topics above. There is also Champion level justifications that will get a tweak and such. Basically once we get started, it'll be one update or blog after another.

Back