• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon: Data and Network Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Knights, Sovereigns, and Three Great angels are a comparatively small group.

I can handle those in about ten minutes and then pitch in wherever necessary.

That I can do.

You can send me a message for all the characters this encompasses and the exact changes on my wall.

Not helping. Too salty that Digimon's getting even more OP while my best accomplishment this week is .6 c Lonk ovo.

Nah, in all seriousness, I could potentially help. Not today, but maybe tomorrow. If only to widen the gap between mine and Weekly's edits and I can keep my spot as 4th most edits on this site

Now I'm glad Pokemon is getting a downgrade. Because I don't want any of them against these monsters (both, figuratively and literally), whether it's Lucario, Muk, Gengar, or Dusknoir ovo.

Sometime next week I will be editing the Digimon Adventure files as the Powers and Abilities sections are not good. I just don't feel like it today because, we are doing these revisions as of now.

So I've done my main sections. I will take a break for now and continue later on whatever files are left to be edited.

That's as much as an Urban Legend as Databook N.E.O. (Only those who have read our random Digimon convos know who that is)

Why u do dis to me

This looks fine. However, do the DA digimon receive the resistances? Since they lack soul and stuff. I mean, I know they already have them, but do they receive another layer of protection?

The real cal howard said:
Oh, while we're on the subject of Digimon, I don't think Quartzmon should be the tier it's at. Quartzmon being High 2-A/Low 1-C via being a result of the clash of DarknessBagramon long-ass-name-mon is like saying celestial bodies are 3-A/Low 2-C via being a result of the Big Bang. Quartzmon should probably be unknown, though there's probably something that scales it to High 2-A anyway.
You are not the only one who has issues with Quartzmon/DBagramon/Shoutmon's ratings.

Not sure if this is the place, but why is it that when you click one of the first keys on Quartzmon it just sends you to the bottom of the page? That's really annoying.

That's due to the fact that when wiki updated awhile ago, they made it so tabs direct you to headings of a similar name. It's annoying.

Honestly we are going to have to redo some files. Quartzmon along with Ryo and Meiko are ones that I have in mind. Should I just delete them for now?

We also have too many files for the Anime Keramon line. Those should be fused. I will make a thread next week in order to detail pages that need updating.

@Cal

IIRC, Quartzmon was said to be affecting all worlds and is superior to RKs, so probably 2-A at least.

I'm also okay with deleting Ryo, Meiko and Quartz's profiles for now. I can recreate them with new standards once we decide on them.

If you need, I can start updating some profiles now.

Perfect timing Dark. lol Can you handle all the Tamers (minus Sayo and Koh) as well as Bun and the Commandment Commanders? After that we will be done.

"Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Digimon attacks are able to interact with each others' Digicores, which constitute a Digimon's mind and soul. Hence, all Digimon are able to manipulate, attack, and destroy the minds and souls of others), Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (The bodies of Digimon shield their Digicores from the attacks of other Digimon, which in turn protect their minds and souls from external interference)"

^This is the text we are using.

Just keep in mind for those who already have said abilities.

For tamers you should likely put "(All Digimon)" similar to how we seperate all the Digimon abilities for those files.

Did you realize that quartzmon getting downgraded means a dowmgrade for clockmon?

Yes I did.

Well I should be done with Tamers unless I mised anyone. Tfw Kazu and Kenta's profiles were both deleted.

But they were main characters

I guess they were delted because Tamers profiles in general were super outdated. Kazu's Guardomon managed to hurt Beelzemon a few times and kept up with powerful D-Reaper agents and Kenta's MarineAngemon is...basically featless but it scared off JERI TYPE.

PaChi2 said:
Did you realize that quartzmon getting downgraded means a dowmgrade for clockmon?
I believe that this is the moment when I find some obscure information that has not yet officially left Japan to maintain the status of Digimo

we all know that you make this stuff up, go back in time a couple of years and post it so that you can use it in the future. That's how you upgrade digimon.

doesnt 2-A already denotes infinite in itself, adding an "at least" in front is kinda redundant ƒÿæ

Crzer07 said:
doesnt 2-A already denotes infinite in itself, adding an "at least" in front is kinda redundant ƒÿæ
It means that they may be High 2-A but there isnt enough proof as of yet for an upgrade.

So Ex just made a massive post on my wall that may be interesting for everyone to read here as it would effect our "Databook" keys as a whole.

"There are Keys that literally do not have much need to start divisions. A Databook Key is simply unnecessary, the Databook is not a different continuity from the main one we already know, and the very idea of the Network is something that has been worked on by Bandai Nanco / WiZ so it is something that is already a basis for the whole franchise .

Digital World most of the time, is used with the meaning of a Network. I'll show something:

Diablomon was previously Low 2-C for being able to destroy the Digital World, but was placed as 2-C because of the Royal Knights. In any case Diablomon profiles are very clear:

Digimon Reference Book> It repeatedly absorbs all the data on the Network in order to evolve and grow larger, and is depleting the Digital World to the brink of destruction.

Digimon Jintrix> An avaricious Digimon that grew to its size by absorbing data all over the network.

Digimon Adventure 02 Tag Tamers> Gennai: The most recent thing was that the Diablomon that was defeated by Omegamon was resurrected! Diablomon will devour all of the network data! At this rate, the Digital World will disappear!

Diablomon relates the Digital World as the whole Network, not just a Server.

In Digimon Chronicle the Digital World is also the whole Network, not just a Server coming to be mentioned that Servers were in overload, then it is impossible the Digital World in this condition to be only a Server.

Bx-33> Chapter Two: In order to delete Digimon that are overloading the servers, Yggdrasill activates the X-Program!

Megidramon also affects the entire Network, not just a Server. Digimon Tamers was actually one of the first products to consider the Digital World as being formed from various Worlds.

Therefore, especially in games, there is practically no chance that Digital World will be considered only a Server (This only occurred in a single game, and I still believe it was a translation error, but I never found a gameplay of the original game to check).

The Digimon Tier 2 feats are:

Diablomon destroying the Network, Megidramon destroying the Digital World, Gankoomon preventing the destruction of the Digital World, Chronomon DM destroying all the worlds, Susanoomon destroying the Network, Mother Eater restarting the multiverse, Lucemon Satan Mode destroying all worlds, Omegamon Alter-B destroying all worlds, Death-X-DORUgoramon having the power to destroy the entire Digital World, Death-X-Mon restarting the Digital World, ExoGrimmon destroying a Server, Clockmon being able to collapse the Digital World referring directly to Networks), Megadramon being able to destroy the whole Network, Apocalymon destroying the existence of the Digital World and creating an infinite dimension, Zeed Mille destroying all network and creating his new world, Zeed Mille (Xros Wars) destroying all existence and nothingness, Vitium having control over the entire Digital World and being able to destroy it, Yggdrasil supporting the existence of the entire Digital World N.E.O destroying of the Digital World, Lucemon Falldown Mode absorbing the Digital World and the Real World.

And that's just what I could remember. Omegamon Alter-B, Chronomon DM, Mother Eater, Zeed Mille and Lucemon Satan Mode are already directly related to the whole Multiverse, so it is the highest level of feat (Not including the Higher Dimensions).

Diablomon, Mille, Susanoomon, Clockmon, N.E.O, Yggdrasil and Megadramon directly mention the entire network.

About Megidramon we know that it is the whole Network because the works where this is mentioned (Digimon Tamers) Digital World is the whole Network, not just a server.

We do not know much about the feats of Apocalymon, Gankoomon, Death-X-DORUgoramon, Death-X-Mon, Vitium and Lucemon Falldown Mode.

ExoGrimmon is the only one that specifies that it would destroy only one Server and not the entire Network.

Anyway, the products of the time of Death-X-mon and Death-X-DORUgoramon (Like Digimon Chronicle and Digimon World X) specify that the Digital World is the whole network.

The only ones that are not sure what is being talked about are Apocalymon, Lucemon Falldown Mode, Vitium, Gankoomon and N.E.O.

It turns out that in practically all Bandai Nanco products, Digital World is used as synonym of Network. So I wonder if we should still put the Digital World base as being only Low 2-C rather than 2-A. I mean, pretty much all 2-A feats scale the factions, and the only reason we still have 2-C is to keep the Databook Key that does not even make sense mainly because Databooks come from products that define the Digital World as being the Network and being separated into several Servers.

The only feat of Digimon that is definitely Low 2-C is that of ExoGrimmon because it specifies that it would destroy only one Server."

What do you all think?

Just fix the end, "The only feat of Digimon that is definitely Low 2-C is that of ExoGrimmon because it specifies that it would destroy only one Network." the right is "Server" and not "Network". I have already fixed this in your Message Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back