• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dies Irae Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
>The problem is that you keep insisting totality of nights=Lui's durability. It is not. Most of his feats are REGEN feats, not durability ones. And he has shitload of mystery to draw on for that. And guess what? Only one who scales, being able to one shot it all at once, is Reinhard (with the honorary exception of Machina). Those jaws of darkness just contain a portion of Lui's mystery but the thing is... they are not separate from him at all. They are just extensions, and extensions can suffer damage via Bey's attacks the same way Lui himself can, due to the blood contract. Lui is darkness, thus jaws are just manifestations of darkness that were grafted unto his nature due to mankind's prejudice. Becoming Einherjar did shit to let him harm Methuselah, this status just gives him borderline limitless amount of souls to draw on, but his "maximum output" at once remains 8,000. This is lower than even Schreiber's, who couldn't hurt Methuselah or his constructs in any significant way.

This is just... not true.

Meth is the concept of darkness, the night. He embodies this concept completely. His durability would be equivalent to his darkness. The only "regen" feat he has is a plot point which contradicts other important plot points, that being that Wolfgang "interacting with Meth", despite the fact that Wolfgang can't affect someone conceptual like Ludwig - only Reinhard, Mercurius, and Machina can do that (Wilhelm can too with the Claduia blood connection).

His attacks are him segmenting a portion of his darkness - a specific amount of nights in the form of an offensive attack.

A portion =/= a whole.

This is explictliy stated in the novel - "each and every fang possess a hundred nights within them".

For further proof, Meth specifically segmented 500,000 layers of night so that Machina would have to go through each and every one of them to destroy all of them. If Ludwig's attacks were still "connected" to him like you say, then Machina erasing his layers of night would have affected Ludwig himself, which it didn't, because when Meth creates an attack, he takes a portion of the nights from his body, segments it from himself, and uses it as an attack.

Destroying his attacks doesn't affect Ludwig himself. Saying that Meth's attacks = durability is just inaccurate.

As the scans show that Wilhelm was able to destroy the Jaws of Darkness, yet admits that he can't do shit to Meth by himself, only Reinhard (and Machina) could. That scans prove my point.

And no one is saying that becoming an Einherjar allowed Wilhelm to let him effect Meth, the blood connection with Claudia did that, but becoming an Einherjar did allow him to fight indefinitely - with each punch, he released the entirety of his soul stock, which is substantially more powerful than his normal attacks, which allowed him to destroy the Jaws of Darkness.

Wolfgang might have a bigger soul stock than Wilhelm, but he doesn't release all of his souls in one attack - as that leaves a Die Ewigkeit user in a state no stronger than a normal human being.

That's why Wilhelm got such a power boost.

>My point is that the "conceptual poison" has nothing to do with Briah. That's it. Whether you consider conceptual manipulation or not... don't care. It certainly is Nasu style Conceptual Weapon fuckery though.

It's not specifically about a Briah, but the entirety of the Holy Relic.

It expliclty says that, "An injury inflicted by an Ahnenerbe was no ordinary wound" . The topic is about the Holy Relics. And how they create a poision that is explicitly effective agaisnt other Die Ewigkeit users.

Anyway, I am in class right now - can't respond for at least a few hours.

I disagree with removing 5-A, and am neutral for the rest. Warren also seems to make sense to me.

Well, Trexalfa is one of our two main Masadaverse experts.

While I personally think that smashing one of the jaws of darkness with a hundred nights in them would result in some absurd yields... It doesn't really work in this case. Bey is basically running on super Anti-Methuselah juice and is shown as once he goes into Yetzirah, the briar is glowing. Hell, he even mentions that his connection to Claudia and Methuselah's reverence of the Light (Claudia) is what makes the attacks so effective.

And while Methuselah's durability or size or however one should put it is insanely huge... It isn't like it has to be planetary and above to hurt him. You need to be planetary and above to destroy him all at once. But they are still wounds, so it isn't like he cannot be harmed by anything less than a planetary attack. It is just pointless to go for anything less.

As for the conceptual stuff: That is basically how Briah works. It enforces a Law in accordance with the craving of the user and allows them to ignore the laws of physics. Which is why Schreiber can ram into Methuselah's body despite it being made out of darkness. Of course, that is about as effectjve as using a toothpick to scrape down a mountain to dust. It is going to take forever.

>While I personally think that smashing one of the jaws of darkness with a hundred nights in them would result in some absurd yields It doesn't really work in this case

It works like that.

>Bey is basically running on super Anti-Methuselah juice and is shown as once he goes into Yetzirah, the briar is glowing. Hell, he even mentions that his connection to Claudia and Methuselah's reverence of the Light (Claudia) is what makes the attacks so effective.

You are misreading/misinterpreting it.

This is the text: "You getting it yet? A blood relation forms between those who take it and those who give it. From you to her, from her to me - there's a straight line between us"
Thus, through Claudia, I was able to counter Ludwing's attacks. That was the logic behind why I could match Methuselah, who'd completly dominated the rest of the obsidian table.
In a sense, I was fighting with Claudia's powers.

It literally tells you that the reason why He can damage and affect Methu (who was surprised at this the first time) is because of the blood pact, nothing else. He isn't some sort of ultra anti darkness guy or something like that.

The only "powers" Claudia granted was the ability to interact with him.

He uses Assiah and stays in that form as he mentions how his briah would be useless with Glads backing his ass up and only uses the Yetzirah when Methu was going to blow up the continet/planet to pop the blood inside him.

>Hell, he even mentions that his connection to Claudia and Methuselah's reverence of the Light (Claudia) is what makes the attacks so effective.

Wrong, he mentions how the connection between them allows him to attack Methu, not make him weaker because of some sort of smug speech about darkness and light.

>And while Methuselah's durability or size or however one should put it is insanely huge... It isn't like it has to be planetary and above to hurt him. You need to be planetary and above to destroy him all at once. But they are still wounds, so it isn't like he cannot be harmed by anything less than a planetary attack. It is just pointless to go for anything less.

Thats called chip damage in case you didn't knew that. Last time I checked that's not really used in this wikia. But if you want to go that way just let me put it this way: I am a normal human being, by our standars I am 10-B, a wall is 9-B and an ant is 10-C, guess what, with enough time I can take down a wall and hurt myself at the same time. An ant can hurt me and with enough time even injure me (obviously depends on the type of ant). That is chip damage and it isn't accepted. (I don't really agree with it but meh)

This is the same here, Wil could destroy the jaws made of 100 nights and damage the body of Ludwing, not deal with the entire being known as Methuselah, this thanks to Glads which insta regens him and backs up his 8k souls that he burns in every blow and Claudia who's blood inside Meth allowed this.

Anyway, I also trust Trexalfa and EvilMegaCookie when it comes to the Masadaverse, but I have to unsubscribe due to time constraints. I would strongly advise that you all listen to them though.

You can send me a message later if you need my help.

>While I personally think that smashing one of the jaws of darkness with a hundred nights in them would result in some absurd yields... It doesn't really work in this case. Bey is basically running on super Anti-Methuselah juice and is shown as once he goes into Yetzirah, the briar is glowing. Hell, he even mentions that his connection to Claudia and Methuselah's reverence of the Light (Claudia) is what makes the attacks so effective.

The blood connection that Bey has with Ludwig via Claudia sucking on his blood allows Bey to touch/interact with Ludwig. It doesn't weaken Meth, or enhance Wilhelm in anyway. The fact that Wilhelm still states that Meth is way beyond him despite being an Einherjar and being able to touch Meth is proof of that.

The only reason why Wilhelm being a temporary Einherjar allows him a different level of strength is because with every blow Wilhelm deals, he's expending every soul from his soul stock all at once - leading to him dealing astronomically more powerful attacks - which Glads regenerates instantly, allowing him to continue fighting endlessly.

>And while Methuselah's durability or size or however one should put it is insanely huge... It isn't like it has to be planetary and above to hurt him. You need to be planetary and above to destroy him all at once. But they are still wounds, so it isn't like he cannot be harmed by anything less than a planetary attack. It is just pointless to go for anything less.

To kill Meth, you need to destroy his entire mystery - every single night of darkness that he possesses. No more and no less is required.

Whether that be by destroying each individual layer of darkness, of which there is a nearly infinite amount, or by destroying the totality of every layer of darkness - which is Meth's very being.

>As for the conceptual stuff: That is basically how Briah works. It enforces a Law in accordance with the craving of the user and allows them to ignore the laws of physics. Which is why Schreiber can ram into Methuselah's body despite it being made out of darkness. Of course, that is about as effectjve as using a toothpick to scrape down a mountain to dust. It is going to take forever.

Except it isn't?

The way a Briah works is that a Die Ewigkeit user imprints their greatest desire (or their "law") onto reality. Either to the space surrounding them (a Hadou Briah), or onto themselves (a Gudou Briah).

Briah's do not allow for Die Ewigkeit users to interact with abstract ideas such as thoughts or concepts unless you are Reinhard, Ren, or Machina.

Machina's Briah is so special because of it's all-ending lethality. Because it can even affect things like powers, thoughts, and concepts. Machina is an exception to the rule, not the defintion. Same thing with Ren and Reinhard.

And to that, Wilhelm needed a very specific blood connection with Claudia to even be able to interact with Ludwig showcases that Wolfgang being able to "injure" Meth is most likely just a plot hole, as the narrative contradicts the logic presented here.

Wilhelm's connection with Claudia depowered Methuselah too but Warren has a point. visual novel never talked about Jaws of Darkness and never tried to showing destroying them as a impressive feat too, but it specfically talked about the very reasoning for Wilhelm being capable of damaging "Methuslah himself" and not jaws of darkness is having connection with Claudia. so i think Warren kinda debunked this one.

but i'm still pretty doubful about not adding conceptual manip. especially seeing i don't know where "concepts got transformed into the a poison that slowing down Regenerationn" comes from. as that never stated in novel and as stated by ALRF, EMC and Trexalfa they have conceptual manip too although according to ALRF that's in form limited intracting with concepts. that's better if we can specfically talk about conceptual manip in a another thread.

anyway idk at this point discussion is over and i should ask for Evaluating or not? seeing we got many disagree votes for removing 5-A keys and adding conceptual manip but at same time our Masadaverse experts had agreement about them.

My apologies, but I will most likely not go against the conclusions of our main experts regarding this series.

Well, they have traditionally been some of the most reliable regarding the subject, if I remember correctly.

What does ALRF think?

Isn't that a bit of a Authority Appeal? I understand people with better track records have more weight, but disregarding everyone else sounds.... problematic

I suppose that could be a problem, but I try to err on the side of caution in lack of better options, given how overworked I am. However, I am just saying that I am unlikely to take a side against them when they have been very reliable in the past regarding this.

Would somebody be willing to ask ALRF for input about this? He has a new username here if I remember correctly.

beSleepyTBubble said:
About the second one
The only thing you can give them for this is limited interaction with conceptual beings while in Briah but i am iffy on this part
His new username is SleepyTBubble and he has appeared here as seen above its just he hasn't said much, unfortunately hes pretty busy IRL so he only pops up randomly.

Also we should really avoid "Appeal to Authority" since just because someone is more knowledgeable/an expert doesn't mean they are always right or cant be debunked, theres also the case that this is about Dies Irae not K3 or Sen meaning there is an English translation that plenty of the people here have read so while some might be more knowledgeable on Masada as a whole due to reading the Japanese Only things that doesn't exactly mean they know more about Dies Irae since as I said its the most available.

Okay. Well, I am neutral about this, due to being too tired and distracted to properly evaluate it at the time.

Yes. That is true. I just have more experience with the others handling Masadaverse evaluations.

Anyway. I am too distracted by handling many tasks at once to be able to properly evaluate this.

You can ask a few of the following staff members to help out with giving input if you wish:

Promestei, SomebodyData, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, Celestial Pegasus, Dark649, Soldier Blue, Monarch Laciel, Saikou The Lewd King, DarkDragonMedeus, Andytrenom, AKM sama, Wokista, Ultima Reality, Mr. Bambu, Gemmysaur, Theglassman12, Qawsedf234, Crabwhale, Crimson Azoth, Sir Ovens, The Calaca, ByAsura, GyroNutz

Trex and EMC agreed it was wank and I believe on them far more than anyone else on this wiki with Masada.

ALRF exists you know, but whatever. I know he doesn't care but I'm just saying.

Also let's not bother all those staff with this, I know for a fact the vast majority of them don't care.

Well, it is part of the staff's responsibilities to evaluate content revision threads, including ones that they do not know much about if enough people that do are not available.

I also agree with Yobo that the appeal to authority isn't going to cut it here. Warren does makes some good points as does Trex and Cookie, and I say that being knowledgeable on Masada myself. It really just depends on whose interpretation you agree with more here since they both make good points.

Okay. Sorry about that then. I have had a hard time making a decision here as well, since the conclusion is not clear-cut and might require indepth knowledge.

No need to apologize, I understand where you're coming from, especially with such a high tiered verse like this one.

So then if Ant can't decide because he doesn't have in-depth knowledge. Then what should we go off if they both make good points because personally I'd go with Warren based on those other guys not having any refutations for his new good points.

Maybe Sera can try to help make a decision?

Well, it seems like he has the most support then.

What do you think Sera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back