• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know about is behaviour in the Anime(s) nor the Manga(s), but here's what the Pokedex says:

Oshawott:
BlackIt fights using the scalchop on its stomach. In response to an attack, it retaliates immediately by slashing.
WhiteThe scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade.

Not as relevant, since Dewott may fight differently or better, but still useful.

BlackStrict training is how it learns its flowing double-scalchop technique.
WhiteScalchop techniques differ from one Dewott to another. It never neglects maintaining its scalchops.
Black 2
White 2
As a result of strict training, each Dewott learns different forms for using the scalchops.

Legends: ArceusIts exquisite double-scalchop technique is likely the result of daily training, and it can send even masters of the blade fleeing in defeat.
I'm not sure who Laventon witnessed for his data. Maybe it was in a book. But he also said they made their way to Sinnoh/Hisui from other regions, so IDK.

But yeah. The likely info is Dewott's first response is slashing, possibly its signature "flowing double-scalchop technique".
Its signature move is Razor Shell, which is described with:
"The user cuts its target with sharp shells. This attack may also lower the target’s Defense stat."
Since it's described with plural shells, contrary to the singularly named name, I'll assume it refers to this.
In gameplay, this has a 50% chance of dropping the target's Defense. (Assuming it hits.)

Other likely moves, based on Oshawott's tendency of slashing might be Fury Cutter, Retaliate (But 1vs1 means much less likely.), maybe Revenge? Maybe also Swords Dance?
if we include Egg Moves, Air Slash, Night Slash & Sacred Sword are also possible, among other moves.

But yeah, conclusion for Dewott's behaviour is that its very skilled, training constantly, perhaps even being superhumanly skilled, with two well-maintained scalchops.

Anyone else willing to input?

Skill is basically equal, AI has an ap advantage, a notable one at that, but Dewott can boost his AP and defense and has ranged moves and way higher LS. I think I'll vote for Dewott based on versatility and range.

Skill is basically equal, AI has an ap advantage, a notable one at that, but Dewott can boost his AP and defense and has ranged moves and way higher LS. I think I'll vote for Dewott based on versatility and range.
Basis for Al matching in Skill?
What are the AP values?
Also, Dewott has Defense Boosting abilities? It learns Tail Whip multiple times, Razor Shell does have a Defense-related effect, & it learns Screech as an Egg Move, but all of those moves only have Defense LOWERING effects. What are you referring to?

Still, the Range & LS do help, so I'll tentatively vote for it for the time being.

Ah, i guess I can't say anything about that
Fair enough. But yeah. Literally my first post was explaining Dewott's likely behaviour & to a lesser extent, skill:
I don't know about is behaviour in the Anime(s) nor the Manga(s), but here's what the Pokedex says:

Oshawott:
BlackIt fights using the scalchop on its stomach. In response to an attack, it retaliates immediately by slashing.
WhiteThe scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade.

Not as relevant, since Dewott may fight differently or better, but still useful.

BlackStrict training is how it learns its flowing double-scalchop technique.
WhiteScalchop techniques differ from one Dewott to another. It never neglects maintaining its scalchops.
Black 2
White 2
As a result of strict training, each Dewott learns different forms for using the scalchops.

Legends: ArceusIts exquisite double-scalchop technique is likely the result of daily training, and it can send even masters of the blade fleeing in defeat.
I'm not sure who Laventon witnessed for his data. Maybe it was in a book. But he also said they made their way to Sinnoh/Hisui from other regions, so IDK.

But yeah. The likely info is Dewott's first response is slashing, possibly its signature "flowing double-scalchop technique".
Its signature move is Razor Shell, which is described with:
"The user cuts its target with sharp shells. This attack may also lower the target’s Defense stat."
Since it's described with plural shells, contrary to the singularly named name, I'll assume it refers to this.
In gameplay, this has a 50% chance of dropping the target's Defense. (Assuming it hits.)

Other likely moves, based on Oshawott's tendency of slashing might be Fury Cutter, Retaliate (But 1vs1 means much less likely.), maybe Revenge? Maybe also Swords Dance?
if we include Egg Moves, Air Slash, Night Slash & Sacred Sword are also possible, among other moves.

But yeah, conclusion for Dewott's behaviour is that its very skilled, training constantly, perhaps even being superhumanly skilled, with two well-maintained scalchops.

Anyone else willing to input?
For what its worth, the "beating blademasters" feat is from Legends:Arceus, so there might be some room for skepticism with it being said by Laventon.

Most of Al's skill feats are based around defeating enemies that are stronger than he is and accuracy against moving targets

However, relatively early in the manga it's stated that Al's "chaotic" style (which he heavily incorporates acrobatics into) makes it nigh impossible for highly trained "orthodox" fighters to keep up with him and that he could "change the history of swordsmanship" this scales to the skill of his first keys

I'd say their skill is probably relatively equal, imo

Most of Al's skill feats are based around defeating enemies that are stronger than he is and accuracy against moving targets

However, relatively early in the manga it's stated that Al's "chaotic" style (which he heavily incorporates acrobatics into) makes it nigh impossible for highly trained "orthodox" fighters to keep up with him and that he could "change the history of swordsmanship" this scales to the skill of his first keys

I'd say their skill is probably relatively equal, imo
Thank you for the information.

pokemon, especially second stages, are getting upraded already, no point in bumping this
Are, as in will be, or have been?
If the former, then the characters technically are still of match-compatible tiers. It just means that if the match concludes before the CRT, the results will have to be removed very quickly.

Are, as in will be, or have been?
If the former, then the characters technically are still of match-compatible tiers. It just means that if the match concludes before the CRT, the results will have to be removed very quickly.
I mean 7-B second stages are basically a guarantee and all we need is one or two more mods commenting approval

Back