• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Dante Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, don't know why we use a twitter post in the first place, for Dante, Rick, or otherwise. Not because of Hideki being a troll, but because people/creators can legit say whatever they want, due to it not being really official. It's not an interview that will stay in the books for people to remember. It's a random tweet that will get buried within the hundreds of tweets that will come the next week. And considering I was on twitter a lot in high school, I know (especially considering how during the end of it, there was a giant scandal between two people that got forgotten within 2 weeks). The creator of High School Musical could legit get on the site and say that the show takes place in an America in the 5th spatial dimension. Not like it's an official interview. For the record, this is High School Musical

That aside, I do agree with the changes, considering that we've already accepted it. There's no reason to keep a lowball if the tweet/feat in question has been accepted as universal.

@Cal Why I support this is that it's not just Hideki saying on Twitter that Mundus is capable of creating a universe. If that were the case I wouldn't agree with rating them as such.

In this case, there is an actual feat within the cutscenes of the game where Mundus creates a universe. Some people interpreted it otherwise and Hideki said that Mundus did in fact create a universe in that scene.

This isn't an author statement of what a character can do. This is the author confirming a feat that actually happened within the story.

It'd be like in a story if a one character blew up a planet, though many people saw it differently, so the author confirmed that they did blow up a planet. Not just the author saying "Oh yeah they could blow up a planet" with nothing in story backing that up.

Yeah. I understand that. Feat being clarified. Just that I really don't trust Twitter when it comes to well...anything. As someone who follows music, I've seen celebs make up fake beefs with each other on it. I was fine with unknown. Emphasis on was though. Support the upgrade still considering my rant won't matter, and universal Mundus is a thing.

What does it matter the platform one is stating something on, if that statement is true?

Hideki's word does not suddenly lose validity because it was on Twitter, nor would being on Twitter naturally incline him to lie as opposed to if he was on some other website.

Twitter may be a place where a lot of people act irrationally, lie or state falsehoods (you can pretty much say that about practically every site on the internet), but that does not mean that you cannot trust anything that is said on Twitter, simply for it being on Twitter.

Regarding the ratings we have for DMC, we:

• Do not see any semblance of a single planet/planetoid being produced.
  • Do see a vast space being produced. This includes countless stars, and also a single planetoid that Dante/Mundus land on in their battle.
  • Hideki did state, specifically, that Mundus had created a universe in twitter (While this could be due to the fact that Dante vs Bayonetta happened, the fact that Hideki directly said it on Twitter provides more proof to Mundus creating an actual universe, instead of just a single planet)
From the evidence we have, and what we see in the video, we have more evidence pointing to Mundus being Universe level compared to him being Planet level. Anything else, would just be speculation at this point.

This is after Dante was granted Sparda's powers. He was nowhere near close to the level of hurting Mundus otherwise. Mundus also did this feat casually btw, with just a single flap of his wings.

I say just 3-A is fine for Mundus and Devil Trigger/Majin Dante.

Okay. I've just confirmed that Hideki isn't really serious or is trolling about the universe level thing. Or, more specifically, we don't even know if he's serious or not. He pretty much just says generic one-liners without caring much for the answer. When I tried to make him specify exactly how big it is, he gave me a joking and very vague answer. He doesn't need to be a jerk to someone to be trolling.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/787502731820879872

Not only has this been discussed in Multiple threads, there is no concert answer or solution to this.....I request for this thread to be closed and not be opened up again...

I really don't see how just getting another example of Hideki giving a joke an answer in an unrelated case disproves a case where nothing suggests he was trolling or giving an illegitamate/joke

It's already been agreed that using other cases of Hideki trolling doesn't invalidate this situation. So this isn't really much different.

It disproves it because the number of times he's given vague and sarcastic responses far exceeds this one example which we somehow accept despite his reputation as a known troll who gives zero ***** about how powerful his characters are. This is one response out of what, hundreds, thousands? I dont see why we should take one single response as legitimate when there is a massive amount of other cases that show that he DOES NOT CARE and will just say things to make people leave him alone.

As Promestein has said, nothing within this case except bringing up other instances suggests that this case is him giving a joking response, and while he does give troll tweets it's not like he never actually says anything.

However if most do not agree with any changes to the stats, I guess I'm fine with them remaining as well.

Universe as a word in and of itself is a very vague response, and this recent response has shown that he really doesn't care too much about the series in the first place, jokingly throwing out one-liners on Twitter commonly. It should really be taken with a grain of salt.

Ryukama said:
As Promestein has said, nothing within this case except bringing up other instances suggests that this case is him giving a joking response, and while he does give troll tweets it's not like he never actually says anything.

However if most do not agree with any changes to the stats, I guess I'm fine with them remaining as well.
Basically this

Tivanenk said:
Universe as a word in and of itself is a very vague response, and this recent response has shown that he really doesn't care too much about the series in the first place, jokingly throwing out one-liners on Twitter commonly. It should really be taken with a grain of salt.
Whether you like it or not, Hideki gave a blunt and simple answer which gets accepted due to our sites jurisdiction. And asking Hideki on how big the dimension was even though he answered it already is very naive, and just goes to show what lengths you're willing to go to to downplay. It's pretty pathetic, cant you just admit you're wrong and that the assumptions you make have no ground to stand on?

"@Tivanenk

The dimension Mundus created is as big as how nowhere this thread is going."

Funny joke Matt, this one had me right slapping my knee.

Wasn't he the one who said Jubblies is the strongest character in Bayonetta which contradicted like everything?

I agree with Promestein. I think that it seems best to close this thread, and let the statistics remain as they are, to be on the safe side. A "likely" might be an idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back