• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon slayer question

Why was douma being poisoned translated to him being weakened X the amount of the lethal poison he took? Don't poison just kill you but don't make you weaker and the result of you being near death is what weakens you, although that could be wrong. But also where did the 700x lethal dosage came from? If memory servers me right its 70, and even then the lethal dosage she's talking about is for regular demons, not also upper moons, I also strongly disagree with the "Struck with a hundred times his normal strength to overpower gyuutaro and slice off his head". That's like textbook definition of hyperbole imo. Also can someone send me a scan of the battle aura of demon slayer's? I don't recall that

Doma is not scaled up using the amount of lethal poison he took; he just upscales from weakend Doma without a multiplier. Kanao is scaled to weakened Doma who scales to the Bodhisattva feat.

Doma was unable to maintain his miniature ice clones (which acts autonomously with the ability to do attacks as powerful as his) indicating his powers were weakened. Kanao was also surprised he has enough strength to create the Bodhisattva. Also, when Tanjiro stabbed Gyutaro with paralysis poison he stated that the poison should've weakened his neck durability.
0093-010.png

A lethal dosage was stated to be 50 miligram, and Shinobu weighs 37 kilogram. 37/0.05 = 740.
In a volume extra, Gotouge acknowledged doing a calculation mistake, so the poison dosage is 700x instead of 70x.
0166-020.png

We recognize a hyperbole by the statement being completely out of league of anything ever shown, but Tanjiro's statement happened to be a perfect match with the previously existing mid and high tier scaling.

There are a plenty of fear aura feats in the verse.
Kyojuro Rengoku's databook page mentions that his Battle Spirit is enough to overwhelm others, and it looks like aura, so it is assumed that aura = Battle Spirit.

I'll gather the aura feats here:
0031-004.png

0036-009.png

0037-002.png

0041-010.png

0051-017.png

0067-008.png

0070-017.png

0083-015.png

0088-003.png

0116-019.png
0116-020.png
0116-021.png

0129-010.png
0129-011.png

TXIL3F5.png
YI7o5LO.png

5C03KbA.png

KDJNFkp.png

In one of the light novels, Gyomei (despite being blind) could tell that Shinobu and Kanao are sisters from their aura.
Behind the body of the demon which was slowly disintegrating were two young girls.

The girl who did not look that old herself was protecting the younger girl desperately.

The two girls gave off the same aura, they should be sisters. They were trembling and crying non-stop.

Wait so Douma upscales an extra 30 tons to his feat cause he was weakened? Since the boddhivista calc was 70.1 tons and 8-A is at least 100 tons. I don't recall an upscaling that huge before. Thanks for the battle aura scans BTW, I forgot about those. Although I'm still a bit skeptical with tanjiro's 100x multiplier, seems kind of weird he's just able to be 100 times stronger than his past self or that he'd knew he needed exactly 100 times his regular strength to slice off gyuutaro, But its not too big of a deal

Much larger upscaling is possible; for example multiple One Punch Man characters upscale by 100 exatons, and occassionally there are arguments to upscale Naruto's top-tiers by 30-80 exatons. Upscaling to the next tier is possible on a case-by-case basis if the feat is above the arithmetic mean of the tier.

Much larger upscaling is possible; for example multiple One Punch Man characters upscale by 100 exatons, and occassionally there are arguments to upscale Naruto's top-tiers by 30-80 exatons. Upscaling to the next tier is possible on a case-by-case basis if the feat is above the arithmetic mean of the tier.
There was a thread with multiple pages just talking about whether or not tatsumaki should upscale to Low 5-B Because she is far stronger than someone who is far stronger than someone who is only 1.3x away from Low 5-B. That one had a scaling chain and is only 1.3. 30 tons is like 1.5x of 70 (not quiet but close). so thats a false equivalence.

Also for naruto they upscaled from Toneri's feat (momo and kinishiki) due to them having forms which is a combination of their's and someone else's power. Momoshiki and Kinishiki both individually upscale from toneri's feat that's 199.3 exatons. 199.3 x 2 = 398.6 Exatons which is just 1.08 times away from baseline. And then naruto and sasuke individually being able to fight momoshiki despite being weakened, and then MAS (which is the only form that upscaled, and jigen). So 398.6 + 398.6 = 797.2 exatons of TNT. Their upscaling isn't the same as one person upscaling a nearly 1.5 gap just because he was weakened by an unquantifiable amount (We know the amount of poison but we don't know how much it weakened him because Upper moons are more resistant than regular demons, as shinobu himself said that he doesn't know if it will be enough to kill an upper moon despite her having knowledge that its 700x the lethal dosage for a regular human)

Back