• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer LS Downgrades

It's a press of sorts

Kinda follows the same logic we use when we find LS for Jumping

It's the same exact motion just to the side
i mean, if you can dash and lift an entire train just by that and even have the ability to shake it just by the energy output of your stepping force, i don't see how that's not consiedered as AP

btw, is it valid?

i mean, if you can dash and lift an entire train just by that and even have the ability to shake it just by the energy output of your stepping force, i don't see how that's not consiedered as AP

btw, is it valid?
Alright I read the chapters

Unfortunately no, we have no proof that he lifted the entire train

After Tanjiro deals with the demon on the roof he calls out to Inosuke who's like 5 cars down but the entire time he's running towards them

Then it jump cuts to Tanjiro in a random car where he says this
11-59.jpg

"The sound of lightning from the car behind me"

Meaning at this moment Tanjiro is one car in front of the gang

Then we get the feat
13-59.jpg

We see that at least 3 cars had to be lifted in order for Tanjiro to feel the raise since he was in the car in front of Rengoku

3 * 15 tons = 45 tons

Pretty consistent

Can this thread be applied ? Overwhelming approval and on past threads there was even approval from multiple staff members.

It's a press of sorts

Kinda follows the same logic we use when we find LS for Jumping

It's the same exact motion just to the side
LS for jumping is compressing your body then releasing it, or pushing yourself off the ground
This is a step, it looks nothing like lifting strength

LS for jumping is compressing your body then releasing it, or pushing yourself off the ground
This is a step, it looks nothing like lifting strength
It's compressing your quads and then kicking off the ground with enough force to lift a train car

Please explain how this wouldn't be LS

"The sound of lightning from the car behind me"

Meaning at this moment Tanjiro is one car in front of the gang

tanjiro on top of the cart the others are in and started running until he found the demon

17-57.jpg

06-58.jpg

then he is also gets on top of the cart next to it after trying to slah enmu
15-58.jpg

then we see insoku breking the seiling of the train cart the rengoku is in

21-9.jpg

it's a pretty big hole as seen here
03-59.jpg

this is the cart rengoku is in

and we see that nezuko is nowhere near him at this point

04-60.jpg

05-60.jpg

so there was quite the distance between them and nezuko was nowhere near rengoku and zenitsu who is next to her shouldn't be either

well, idk at this point really

Cause he's just stepping, that's like punching the ground and moving up from the force
It's textbook striking strength
the feat was from physical strenght and was done instantly with a single dash motion

i just checked the LS definition

Likewise throwing an object a certain height upwards can be used as lifting feats, as these would require greater strength than just lifting the object.

is this one not valid?

the feat was from physical strenght and was done instantly with a single dash motion

i just checked the LS definition

is this one not valid?
You're trying to word it into something that it's not

It's a step. What you sent is for throwing things up. Like picking up with your hands and launching.

This is just stepping. That's not LS

You're trying to word it into something that it's not

It's a step. What you sent is for throwing things up. Like picking up with your hands and launching.

This is just stepping. That's not LS
wasn't it a dash?

he dashed and lifted the train upwards, that's what i meant

if it's not then my aplogies, i didn't mean to make it misleading

Dash, step, both don’t matter, those are just striking
btw, i'm confused

if the act of lifting the train off the ground by dashing was done instantly wouldn't that qualify for both LS and striking strenght?

the character instantly lifted the train with only his physical strengh by dashing on it

it's pretty much like jumping exept the force behind your jump lifts a train

i legit have no idea

The movement of a dash is a lot closer to a kick (strike) than a shove, I'd say jumping is closer to the latter

The movement of a dash is a lot closer to a kick (strike) than a shove, I'd say jumping is closer to the latter
thanks for the answer, but a dash is more like a kick that propels you further, which is why i'm comfused as that can easiliy be considered both LS and SS

That isn't how KICKING words unless he's just jumping off the ground

Cause he's just stepping, that's like punching the ground and moving up from the force
It's textbook striking strength
It's not like punching at all

He doesn't raise his foot and then plant it into the ground to produce force which is what a punch is

He, from rest, presses of the ground

Pressing is a LS feat not an AP feat

So no it's not textbook striking strength
taking a step and making things fly isn't LS lmao
Pressing of the ground hard enough to do so definitely is

I'll make a calculation group discussion to tackle this

I just want this CRT to be accepted for right now

Any admins willing to do that?

Just need one more vote

Last edited:
I agree that a step or a stomp would be just striking strength but the way people usually dash with swords (think of this stance) would be a lot closer to jumping [albeit forward] compared to just stomping. It's like a sprint start, that is a push off the ground to give the initial boost of speed.

I agree that a step or a stomp would be just striking strength but the way people usually dash with swords (think of this stance) would be a lot closer to jumping [albeit forward] compared to just stomping. It's like a sprint start, that is a push off the ground to give the initial boost of speed.
Save that for the discussion thread

I'm just gonna go ahead and apply the changes when I get the chance since this thread has multiple calc group members agreeing as well as an admin

Back