• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

speedster352

He/Him
Base zeref vs demon king all forms who wins?

Zeref's Soul Manipulation isn't impressive tbh, but Death Manipulation should be countered by The Ruler given that it based upon the concept of Magic Conversion.

Zeref's Soul Manipulation isn't impressive tbh, but Death Manipulation should be countered by The Ruler given that it based upon the concept of Magic Conversion.
His soul manip is more potent than Larcade's who was going to remove souls of the entire/most of the battlefield back in Alvarez which is in like the 100,000s range.

I mean, it is said that any magic is irrelevant with The Ruler, and there are spells with this ability among many demons. So I guess?
This kind of sounds like a NLF tbh. However I'm not entirely aware of the potency of NNT's soul and death hax. However if they aren't even comparable then I find it hard to believe that the ruler can neg something far above anything it's negged before.

His soul manip is more potent than Larcade's who was going to remove souls of the entire/most of the battlefield back in Alvarez which is in like the 100,000s range.
This is stated nor implied anywhere in the Manga, Zeref doesn't have access to Pleasure Magic and has never displayed the ability to manipulate more than one soul. Not to mention Larcade doesn't Soul Rip directly, the Soul ejection is an indirect consequence of his Pleasure Magic.
This kind of sounds like a NLF tbh. However I'm not entirely aware of the potency of NNT's soul and death hax. However if they aren't even comparable then I find it hard to believe that the ruler can neg something far above anything it's negged before.
Read above, it's based upon a literal concept and last I checked we don't treat Death Manipulation in the same way we do with soul and mind hax.

This is stated nor implied anywhere in the Manga, Zeref doesn't have access to Pleasure Magic and has never displayed the ability to manipulate more than one soul. Not to mention Larcade doesn't Soul Rip directly, the Soul ejection is an indirect consequence of his Pleasure Magic.
Larcade can remove 100,000+ souls, he can't remove Mavis and Zeref's souls with pleasure magic, Zeref can remove Mavis's soul with his Soul manip.

Zeref's soul manip > Larcade's Soul Manip.
Read above, it's based upon a literal concept and last I checked we don't treat Death Manipulation in the same way we do with soul and mind hax.
Scans of it conceptually changing the magic to something else

Edit: Speed isn't equal either here so Zeref Blitz's badly here

Larcade can remove 100,000+ souls, he can't remove Mavis and Zeref's souls with pleasure magic, Zeref can remove Mavis's soul with his Soul manip.
That doesn't mean their Soul Manipulation is above his own, that means that he couldn't affect them with his own Soul Manipulation, I.E a resistance.

Pleasure Magic needs the make the opponent feel Pleasure before it removes the Soul, it's not as simple as "Yeah he just Soul Rips." if he can't make you feel Pleasure then he can't eject the soul. Stopping the Pleasure makes the soul removal irrelevant.
Zeref's soul manip > Larcade's Soul Manip.
Not stated anywhere.
Scans of it conceptually changing the magic to something else?
I'm not a fan of NNT, I'm only using what's on the profile.

The Ruler doesn't nullify, it changes the concept of the spell. If, for example, you use a spell that makes him weaker, the spell will actually make stronger.

Zeref gets neg my the commandment so hard
  • Faith: Anyone who shows faithlessness before him has their eyes set ablaze. The "faith" concept applies to anything the victim once had faith in, such as love or family.
  • Love: Anyone who has hatred in their heart in his presence will be unable to inflict damage to others. They will not even be able to summon the strength to raise their weapons or activate their powers.
  • Pacifism: Anyone who kills in his presence will have their remaining lifetime stolen from them, aging rapidly to death.
  • Patience: The full effects of Patience are currently unknown.
  • Piety: Anyone who flees from him is forced into mindless obedience to him. He can undo the effects of the commandment at will.
  • Purity: The full effects of Purity are currently unknown.
  • Repose: The full effects of Repose are currently unknown.
  • Reticence: The full effects of Reticence are currently unknown, but it is known that it imposes a penalty on the victim for speaking their true feelings buried in their heart.
  • Selflessness: Anyone with feelings of greed, desire, or selfishness in his presence loses their memories, emotions, and sense of self.
  • Truth: Anyone who knowingly tells a lie in his presence is turned to stone.
Also the demon king can remove immortality and curse for rebirth

Damaging the Demon King = Healing him
Healing the Demon King = Hurting him

thats the nature of The Ruler
Yeah but abilities are also inverted like ban's snatch and even grey demon Hendrickson has death hax and others can resist it. Or are you saying everyone is weaker than grey demon Hendrickson or hendrickson=zeref in death hax?

Yeah but abilities are also inverted like ban's snatch and even grey demon Hendrickson has death hax and others can resist it. Or are you saying everyone is weaker than grey demon Hendrickson or hendrickson=zeref in death hax?
What? I never mentioned Zeref or others characters, I just gave the example of how The Ruler works

The thread starter should remains neutral in his vs thread

What? I never mentioned Zeref or others characters, I just gave the example of how The Ruler works
Oh sorry it's just that everyone says that zeref one shots people because of his death hax and yes in some cases yes but it can be dodged or resisted even with magical items like igneels scarf.

Oh sorry it's just that everyone says that zeref one shots people because of his death hax and yes in some cases yes but it can be dodged or resisted even with magical items like igneels scarf.
Plus his best death-hax requires him to value his opponent's life

How exactly do the Ten Commandments work?

How exactly do the Ten Commandments work?
  • Faith: Anyone who shows faithlessness before him has their eyes set ablaze. The "faith" concept applies to anything the victim once had faith in, such as love or family.
  • Love: Anyone who has hatred in their heart in his presence will be unable to inflict damage to others. They will not even be able to summon the strength to raise their weapons or activate their powers.
  • Pacifism: Anyone who kills in his presence will have their remaining lifetime stolen from them, aging rapidly to death.
  • Patience: The full effects of Patience are currently unknown.
  • Piety: Anyone who flees from him is forced into mindless obedience to him. He can undo the effects of the commandment at will.
  • Purity: The full effects of Purity are currently unknown.
  • Repose: The full effects of Repose are currently unknown.
  • Reticence: The full effects of Reticence are currently unknown, but it is known that it imposes a penalty on the victim for speaking their true feelings buried in their heart.
  • Selflessness: Anyone with feelings of greed, desire, or selfishness in his presence loses their memories, emotions, and sense of self.
  • Truth: Anyone who knowingly tells a lie in his presence is turned to stone.

Does Zeref fights with hate in his heart? if he doesnt, the commandment of love wont work
It's a little complicated. He used to love life, but Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 340, Page 15 reveals that he's changed his mind since, and now hates the world for what it's done to him. In his final battle with Natsu he literally uses his negative emotions to power up, in Chapter 535: "Then I will turn my darkness into power! My curse! My rage! My sorrow!"

It's a little complicated. He used to love life, but Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 340, Page 15 reveals that he's changed his mind since, and now hates the world for what it's done to him. In his final battle with Natsu he literally uses his negative emotions to power up, in Chapter 535: "Then I will turn my darkness into power! My curse! My rage! My sorrow!"
So he get stopped by love

Isn't that when he has the fairy heart? or nah?

Isn't that when he has the fairy heart? or nah?
The second time, but it's also a well-known fact that wizards use their emotions to strengthen their magic, and Zeref certainly doesn't have many positive emotions since they activate his passive death-hax, which doesn't happen anymore.

While I personally find it hard to believe that mind-hax would work on Zeref, since a number of other controlling spells don't, based on the Wiki standards we can't assume that: so for lack of evidence I think it's fair to say Love would work.

The second time, but it's also a well-known fact that wizards use their emotions to strengthen their magic, and Zeref certainly doesn't have many positive emotions since they activate his passive death-hax, which doesn't happen anymore.

While I personally find it hard to believe that mind-hax would work on Zeref, since a number of other controlling spells don't, based on the Wiki standards we can't assume that: so for lack of evidence I think it's fair to say Love would work.
Love its not mind hax, but paralysis and power null at once

By the way
All the Commandments are already revealed

•Piety: Anyone who shows their back to the wielder becomes a
servant of the Demon King.
•Love: Anyone who feels hatred becomes unable to fight
•Retience : Anyone who expresses hidden feelings or emotions is
rendered unable to speak
•Purity: Anyone who commits impur acts suffers from disease
•Patience: Anyone who shows intolerance to pain is inflicted with
additional pain
•Repose: Anyone who fights without rest sees his magic sealed