• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Immediately, I wanna say Inconclusive. Neither can really die and their powers don't really work on one another. Ironically, I think their powers actually strengthen one another.

and the absorption of the soul?
That's iffy for me. While not listed as an ability for the Nazgul, I would think that their souls (which is pretty much all they are by now, undead shadows of their former selves, forced to serve Sauron) wouldn't be so easily absorbed. Right now, yeah that might be how Dementor wins, but given that LOTR profiles are pretty... not finished... I don't really know how the battle would go.

Dementors seem to only be capable of consistently pulling off a soul absorption against incapacitated targets, such as unconscious or restrained ones, since they didn't just French kiss Sirius as their opening move and only went in for it once he fell unconscious from being worn down by them. Needless to say a Nazgûl isn't just gonna let it happen, and I doubt they're gonna be incapped by a Dementor, either. Even if that did happen, they may not even be capable of absorbing the Nazgûl's soul, be it due to generally verse-wide soul manip resistance in the Legendarium, or due to Sauron already calling dibs on theirs. Neither is harming the other with brute force, either. Voting incon

Dementors seem to only be capable of consistently pulling off a soul absorption against incapacitated targets, such as unconscious or restrained ones, since they didn't just French kiss Sirius as their opening move and only went in for it once he fell unconscious from being worn down by them. Needless to say a Nazgûl isn't just gonna let it happen, and I doubt they're gonna be incapped by a Dementor, either. Even if that did happen, they may not even be capable of absorbing the Nazgûl's soul, be it due to generally verse-wide soul manip resistance in the Legendarium, or due to Sauron already calling dibs on theirs. Neither is harming the other with brute force, either. Voting incon
Yeah, that's pretty much my own thoughts. Voting Incon

In the original series of novels, we really weren't shown how Dementors just take and suck the soul out of wizards just by walking up to them. But I remember that in part 4, the Dementor consumed the soul of Barty Crouch Jr. when he was conscious. And in the Cursed Child, the Dementors sucked the souls out of the wizards who fought them off (I don't remember exactly who was there, but like Snape and someone else)

In the original series of novels, we really weren't shown how Dementors just take and suck the soul out of wizards just by walking up to them. But I remember that in part 4, the Dementor consumed the soul of Barty Crouch Jr. when he was conscious.
Iirc he was restrained, it was basically an impromptu semi-execution. Hence why I added "restrained" as an example of incap that Dementors take advantage of. As for Sirius, the scene in the movie where the Dementors try to take his soul is essentially 1:1 with the book

The Nazgul's soul is indestructible due to verse-wide resistances, but that doesn't stop it from being removed from their body. Despite being invisible, the Nazgul are mostly still physical and don't seem to have ways of combating the immortality of the Dementors.

Soul-suck won't happen for stated reasons + you'd need to overcome Sauron's control of their soul to mess with it and that's... not happening here.

Inconv vote from me. Two hooded dudes just kinda failing to hurt each other.

Back