• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Izuku_Midoriya_(Deku)

Vs

Rules:
Morals Off
Bloodlusted
Who wins and why?

Comment and debate!

Votes:

Deku:

Hisoka:

Last edited:
Where is the + for Hisoka coming from? Cause he’s either 800 tons and one shots or he’s above 109 tons and shouldn’t have a +

Yeah I don't know either, he is superior to 109 tons characters but that shouldn't justify Mcb+.

Nen crush is still a thing? Then unfortunately this battle might not be possible.

Definitely one of the worst haxes for vsbattles discussions...

Nah, Gon has a fuckton of willpower too and that didn't affect Nen Crush.

I'll make it clearer, willpower is not part of the equation. It's a supernatural inducement of fear, being brave has nothing to do about it.

AFO and Shigaraki also have fear inducement, but the vestiges block the full weight of their presence. They both literally make people see their own death by just appearing, and Shigaraki directly induced fear in dozens of people under orders from a quirk to not fear death. Why is “Nen Crush” any different?

Deku doesn't have Resistance to Fear Manipulation in his profile, so my assumption here is that it is different.

But yeah unfortunately
I hate these words so much

Very likely “Nen crush gg”
Unless Deku gets fear manip resistance due to resisting Shigaraki’s presence

Last edited:
Nen crush also induces madness, and prolonged exposure can eventually cause death.
All of which stems from the fear part of it. The fear of the person is what causes madness and death. So resistance to fear should block the whole thing.

Has Nen crush even done anything on screen other than induce fear, or is the “go mad and die” part literally just lore. And didn’t the Chimera Ants without Nen not feel the effects of it?

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse here.

All of which stems from the fear part of it. The fear of the person is what causes madness and death. So resistance to fear should block the whole thing.

Has Nen crush even done anything on screen other than induce fear, or is the “go mad and die” part literally just lore. And didn’t the Chimera Ants without Nen not feel the effects of it?

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse here.
No, we've seen people actually go mad and quite literally age decades from the exposure to the aura.
Also the death part is not related to the fear, it's just prolonged exposure as I've said.
But until Deku gets actual resistance to fear inducement, this discussion is unfortunately pointless anyway.

If one's interested in the fight, they can just make it so deku resists that. It will not be able to be added to the profiles, of course, but still.

No, we've seen people actually go mad and quite literally age decades from the exposure to the aura.
Also the death part is not related to the fear, it's just prolonged exposure as I've said.
But until Deku gets actual resistance to fear inducement, this discussion is unfortunately pointless anyway.
So prolonged exposure ages you in tell you die. Or do you just die right away?

So prolonged exposure ages you in tell you die. Or do you just die right away?
The aging is a byproduct of the fear/madness, though admittedly Hisoka hasn't shown Aura this potent. (unlike the Chimera Ants Royal Guard and Meruem)
The death inducement is due to prolonged exposure, though.

I clicked here expecting to see stuff like Bungee Gum vs Black Whip. See arguments about how Hisoka would use In or other Nen skills to set up traps or whatever. But lo and behold, it's just Nen crush gg arguments.

This is how half of HxH matchups go. Everything comes down to Nen crush yet when I was watching the show I don't even remember it being a big deal.

Heck, why didn't Gon and Killua just Nen crush the ants at the beginning of Chimera ant arc. Why didn't Pockle use Nen Crush too. What's even is Nen Crush's maximum range?

Does Nen Crush mean HxH characters can "crush" characters way above them, planetary, universal, etc just because they don't have a specific exact counter to an ability that only exists in HxH verse.

This kinda reminds me of old Bleach vs fights filled with Reiatsu Crush gg or that time I set up a vs fight with JJK on one side & the responses were filled with "only cursed energy can hurt curses," and I was like okay... I mean I obviously knew that before setting up the fight.

These arguments are basically just discussion killers.

Nobody disagrees that it's ******* lame, doesn't change the fact that it's an ability the character has

I clicked here expecting to see stuff like Bungee Gum vs Black Whip. See arguments about how Hisoka would use In or other Nen skills to set up traps or whatever. But lo and behold, it's just Nen crush gg arguments.

This is how half of HxH matchups go. Everything comes down to Nen crush yet when I was watching the show I don't even remember it being a big deal.

Heck, why didn't Gon and Killua just Nen crush the ants at the beginning of Chimera ant arc. Why didn't Pockle use Nen Crush too. What's even is Nen Crush's maximum range?

Does Nen Crush mean HxH characters can "crush" characters way above them, planetary, universal, etc just because they don't have a specific exact counter to an ability that only exists in HxH verse.

This kinda reminds me of old Bleach vs fights filled with Reiatsu Crush gg or that time I set up a vs fight with JJK on one side & the responses were filled with "only cursed energy can hurt curses," and I was like okay... I mean I obviously knew that before setting up the fight.

It's the OP's fault for not restricting it, which is commonly done for Bleach match ups.
I hate it as much as the next guy, but the fact remains that it's an ability they have.

The aging is a byproduct of the fear/madness, though admittedly Hisoka hasn't shown Aura this potent. (unlike the Chimera Ants Royal Guard and Meruem)
The death inducement is due to prolonged exposure, though.
So if you resist the fear you won't age. But you can still die from being exposed to it

So if you resist the fear you won't age. But you can still die from being exposed to it
I believe so. But I don't think it was revealed how long it'd take for that to kick in, so he should probably be fine if he defeats Hisoka very quickly.

hisoka's perceptive enough to realize deku's being affected by the nen crush and just play it as defensive as he can.

I believe so. But I don't think it was revealed how long it'd take for that to kick in, so he should probably be fine if he defeats Hisoka very quickly.
So it sound likes to get around. Nen hax is

Resistance to Fear/Madness
Longevity or Immortality type 1
Resistance to Death or
Just a quick wincon

Hisoka doesn’t do that in character. Nen users have also lost to non nen users before

Heck Nen crush should really stop being an argument since most HxH characters don’t do it in character. Killua, Hisoka, Gon, Meruem and more characters have been in position to nen crush but didn’t.

Except Hisoka literally did it against Gon and Killua, two non-Nen users at the time.
Meruem frightened Welfin so much he literally aged him. Shaiapouf and Pitou's Auras also have insane feats. There's way more examples that I don't think I need to pull up here, but the idea that Nen crush isn't a thing is just inaccurate in my humble opinion.

Hisoka has never done Nen crush in a fight. He only did that to Gon and Killua to make a point

When did I say it shouldn’t be a thing? I just said it shouldn’t be a viable argument because majority of the characters prefer to kill people physically.

You're forgetting that most characters fight other seasoned Nen users 99% of the time, so it'd be pointless to even try to use it most of the time.

Phantom Troupe vs Chimera Ants, Gon and Killua vs Rammot, Phantom Troupe vs normal people with guns, Pokkle vs Pike, Meruem vs normal humans. I think I could fine more but none of these encounters ended with Nen crush gg.

This Is sad.

Back