• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deidara vs Itachi

given the time it take to charge , he could just run far away and activate susano to shield the shock wave or the biggest part of the blast

ZephyrosOmega said:
SpookyShadow said:
But Itachi doesn't have Manda to hide i
This assumes that Deidara would actually be able to get it off in time
also that , itachi could kill him before deidara even think of using it , it is his last resort after all . he only used it on sasuke after a really drawned fight that was pretty even . i personally think itachi is far stronger than sasuke so itachi should have not much problem .

Only reason sasuke did not straight up kill Deidara in the charge time was because he was too tired to do anything.

Sasuke did not escape C4. And now I will bring the scans. But for now jsut now he saw the mini bombs in his body and used Chidori on himself. Then Deidara got caught off guard wih genjutsu.

Itachi has no knowledge on the skills that Deidara kept hidden as last resorts. I don't even know why people keep on insisting that. C4 and C0 And mobility advantage would **** Itachi. As well as the genjutsu counter

yep , according to the scans , sasuke clearly avoid the first giant C4 and only used the chidori on himself to counter the close quarter C4 that already spread the bombs inside him .

1111E74B-3B6A-4650-9C12-DC2F9745A721
E0E25D06-AA83-4DBB-875F-6F4EA43E807A
Itachi has no way to counter C4. Itachi doesn't even know about it. Deidara knows about Itachi. Deidara takes the fight too the sky and drops C2 bombs as distractions while using either Giant Deidara or trap Deidara on the bird and release the C4 in the air which screws Itachi

AstralKing7 said:
1111E74B-3B6A-4650-9C12-DC2F9745A721
E0E25D06-AA83-4DBB-875F-6F4EA43E807A
Itachi has no way to counter C4. Itachi doesn't even know about it. Deidara knows about Itachi. Deidara takes the fight too the sky and drops C2 bombs as distractions while using either Giant Deidara or trap Deidara on the bird and release the C4 in the air which screws Itachi
Wow, way to pick and choose to try and make yourself look right. That was after he got caught by the clay clone. Which everyone kept saying. C4 itself was easily escaped.

Dude C4 was in his body. Deidara can use C4 two different ways. The only way u can escape the big Deidara is by making Deidara think he used it with genjutsu like Sasuke did. But Deidara will use that at the beginning of the battle not the end.so Itachi won't escape it sense Deidara won't be caught off guard by genjutsu since he will be having enough stamina

i disagree with the notion that C4 can only be escaped via genjutsu. a clone could easily do the job just as well .

Deidara has 2 methods of C4. The first is the big deidara bomb. The second is the smaller clone.

Itachi can escale the first one just like Sasuke did, by seeing the cloud of chakra and being more than fast enough to avoid it. Sasuke didn't escape it with Genjutsu, he just used Genjutsu to make Deidara think it worked so he could get behind him and stab him with melee, which is how the second one happened.

The second one will never come up because Itachi won't get in close range in this fight.

C4 also has a large charge-up time that you seem to have conveniently forgotten about, and nothing stops Itachi from just Amaterasuing him to death.

EmperorRorepme said:
https://**********.com/manga/Naruto/0360-021.png
This is how he avoided the first one though. Itachi can literally just hop out of range.
yep , if sasuke could do it, itachi can do it just as easily .

He can't hop out of range if he doesn't know what it is tbf. Plus we can't forget that they travel by air currents and the wind can jsut keep blowing them before Itachi actually realize what they are which is point I'm trying to make.

If Deidara takes Itachi serious and remembers that Itachi knows about his standard tactics then he will find a way to use C4 where Itachi won't notice him casting the jutsu while distracting him at the same time.

If Sasuke can deduce what it is then Itachi can. Hell, if Itachi can see it he'll instinctively know they're tiny explosives because they look exactly the same as his normal ones just smaller and less detectable.

Also that second portion is kinda headcanon. If they clearly stay in one distinct area in that fight there's no reason to assume that somehow they get blown out of the distinct range at Itachi. Even then he'll be able to see them and dodge.

if i may be honest , that is some nice downplay of itachi skill.

sasuke instantly saw the C4 range with sharingan , why can't itachi do the same ?

itachi profeciency with clones is nothing to scoff at either , he could easily take advantage of deidara hatred and fool him with clones while waiting for the good moment .

itachi's intellect is also league above sasuke's imo

And I doubt someone with Itachi's eyes and intelligence will not be able to see through his plan. Every single time in the series it seems like Itachi is caught off-guard he's actually saw through your every move.

Sasuke immediately ran when he saw the huge Deidara. Which is the reason he got caught initially. Also Sasuke didn't realize what it was until the second time tbf where he was caught inside the clay. I don't think Itachi is getting two chances when he is being distracted by C2 bombs while Deidara sneaks and cast C4 which Itachi shouldn't see coming at all.

That's how I see it because Deidara wants Itachi dead and he knows how smart Itachi is.

EmperorRorepme said:
Itachi just eventually amaterasu's and calls it a day in my opinion.
itachi in characther try to avoid using it iirc because it f*ck him up quite a bit .

but yes , that is definitively an option and a better and quicker one than both C4 and C0

EmperorRorepme said:
Using it once isn't going to completely annihilate him. It's just if he spams it for a while it takes a toll.
iirc ,when he used it to break out of jiraya's toad stomach he was in quite a bad shape , not completely out of fight but quite tired and said that he will need some hours or days of rest to be back in full .

i may be wrong , my memories of early naruto isn't what it used to be .

Sasuke didn't get caught. He cast a genjutsu of him running when he was actually flying outside of the range of the killzone. Also fair point about Sasuke being cocky and thinking Deidara had nothing left because he had low chakra. I don't think Itachi is that cocky and he can tell the difference between clones and the real thing iirc.

Naeblis495 said:
iirc ,when he used it to break out of jiraya's toad stomach he was in quite a bad shape , not completely out of fight but quite tired and said that he will need some hours or days of rest to be back in full .
Wasn't that after he had used tsukuyomi? Tsukuyomi takes a lot of chakra and has a strain on his eyes too more so than Amaterasu.

EmperorRorepme said:
Naeblis495 said:
Wasn't that after he had used tsukuyomi? Tsukuyomi takes a lot of chakra and has a strain on his eyes too more so than Amaterasu.
you may be right , he casted tsukuyomi on kakashi a bit before iirc

AstralKing7 said:
Sasuke immediately ran when he saw the huge Deidara. Which is the reason he got caught initially. Also Sasuke didn't realize what it was until the second time tbf where he was caught inside the clay. I don't think Itachi is getting two chances when he is being distracted by C2 bombs while Deidara sneaks and cast C4 which Itachi shouldn't see coming at all.
That's how I see it because Deidara wants Itachi dead and he knows how smart Itachi is.
Sasuke didn't get caught.

Itachi, FRA (many reasons scattered about by several users). While Itachi can be beat by Deidara's C4 jutsus, that's if the fight gets that far. Susanoo keeps himself safe from a majority of his clay bombs and offers additional offensive purposes. A direct hit will result in him being sealed. The likely hood of Itachi utalizing shadow clones, etplosive clones, etc. for diversions and offensive strikes to open an attack that would be fatal is incredibly high. That's kind of just how Itachi fights. And while Deidara is smart, he isn't as smart as Itachi who would likely have been several steps ahead of him to begin with. He'd also likely just string him along into thinking he's about to win and then Itachi goes in for the kill. But this is just my opinion and is just one way of many he could win, but Deidara won't go down easy.

Back